How does an avid Falcons fan put this behind him?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Wardog357 said:

Yeah me too! I had texts cominmg over my phone talking about how good we looked. I told them to wait till mid ways through the 4th Qtr........I said that because I've been disapointed soooooo many times in this team. I hate being right....but once again....I was right.

Yep. Deep down inside, my gut told me we would lose it.  This franchise just doesn't want it. They don't. 

25 minutes ago, sdogg said:

Worst loss ever. I'm not sure I can take it any longer. I've convinced myself that we will never win a SB. 

Pretty much it.

Hate to say it but I'm done with football and this team.  Don't care to be forever trolled for being a fan of these choke artists. Had enough pain being a Braves fan back in the 90s.

I'm done.  

Edited by FalconsFanNW
2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Yeah this is me too......that is why I am taking a vacation from sportstalk radio and sports media - all the screaming and yelling and cutting articles - doesn't make the pain go away - so why listen  to it or read it?  that just prolongs the misery and pain.

All of you guys promise me this - just - after tonight - unplug from ESPN, TATF, 680-the-fan, 92.9-the-game, and all other sports media - take a week off - focus on whatever is in your life that is good or that can get better:

• wife/girlfriend
  • children
  • mother/father
  • spiritual
  • work harder - get that extra sell to get you to that next level
  • finish out your basement
  • find a great book to read

None of us need to wallow in this pain - it is not worth it - life is too short.   We are all Falcons fans and we will be back here to TATF and back w/ our beloved team soon enough.

But for now.....give yourself a holiday - give yourself a break.

I am going to try to do so.

Yeah, there is no easy I can watch any sports TV or listen to sports radio. I'm not sure I will ever be able to. Worst loss any team could ever have. I'm convinced we will be the last team to win a SB, if ever. 

4 minutes ago, WPGFALCONSFAN said:

Great year, great 3 quarters. Hope we learned a valuable leason.

We blew it, we lost, it's ****ty......but life goes on!! Doesn't change how I feel about the guys on this team and what we accomplished. 

It's just a game at the end of the day and there are so many larger issues to worry yourself with. Haha. 

Heads up falcon fans, heads up!

But when this is supposed to be an escape from all the ****ty larger issues and disappointments we have to deal with and it just turns out to be more ****ty disappointments, what good is it?

3 minutes ago, Begotten912 said:

But when this is supposed to be an escape from all the ****ty larger issues and disappointments we have to deal with and it just turns out to be more ****ty disappointments, what good is it?

Well then it's time to reevaluate how you watch this game, to be frank. 

It's a tough life being a passionate fan, but at the end of the day it's not life and death, it doesn't really affect your life one way or the other, so don't let it! That's how I'm coping anyways lol

Keep the faith bro, I feel the pain, trust me!

1 minute ago, sdogg said:

Yeah, there is no easy I can watch any sports TV or listen to sports radio. I'm not sure I will ever be able to. Worst loss any team could ever have. I'm convinced we will be the last team to win a SB, if ever. 

well, we may never win a SB - or we might win it next year - the odds are always against you - ALWAYS.  As great as Brady/Belicheck have been, they have won 5 times in 16 years - which is a dynasty - and in that dynasty they still have only 33% clip of winning.

I am 51 years old.  I started watching Falcons when I was about 6 years old in 1972.   It may not happen for me.  This I know though....that Patriot fan, that Cowboy fan, that Steelers fan, even that dreaded Saints fan - they have no superiority over you or me because the team they root for won a SB and mine did not.   Like others have said - it does not define me - and it does not define you sdogg - don't let it!

1 minute ago, WPGFALCONSFAN said:

Well then it's time to reevaluate how you watch this game, to be frank. 

It's a tough life being a passionate fan, but at the end of the day it's not life and death, it doesn't really affect your life one way or the other, so don't let it! That's how I'm coping anyways lol

Keep the faith bro, I feel the pain, trust me!

Wipe my ass with your faith. This franchise has work to do to earn my support. They aren't entitled to it just because I live here and happen to like football.

Brother, only thing I can say is give it time.

Look, we may not all get along or agree on here but 95% of us are legit Falcons fans and love this team.  That being the case I think that the 95% of us that live and die with this team are entitled to handle this one however we see fit.

That's why the "You're not a real fan if you complain" was always silly to me.

Like you, not really sure what to make of this one.  No team has ever come back from such a big deficit in the SB until tonight...against us.  Sad, yet somewhat predictable.  As much fun as we had at points during the season I think any fan is entitled to b*tch about this one.  If your a fan that feels like everyone should remain positive then I'd say just log off for a while.

I suspect that when next season starts we'll largely all be back rooting for our team like we always do.  With a healthy dose of skepticism of course and maybe some of the fans that questioned that lack of faith will understand a little better.

That said, can't really do anything else but hope this team does one day get over the hump.  As skeptical as I may be.

1 minute ago, Begotten912 said:

Wipe my ass with your faith. This franchise has work to do to earn my support. They aren't entitled to it just because I live here and happen to like football.

No personal offense to you but....

to me, fandom does not come w/ conditions.   I don't like the crappy history of my home cities sports franchises but they are "my teams".

I am also a Georgia Bulldog and is my alma mater.   I don't like that we have not won the National Championship since I was 14 years old and now I am 51 - but it is MY TEAM.

I have watched more and more people become ALABAMA fans that have no direct ties to Alabama - simply because they are a perennial winning franchise.   More power to them if that is what they need.

I don't......win or lose, I ride with the Falcons.   I watch the game on TV so my investment in the team is more emotional than it is financial.

If the Falcons have to EARN your support - then go be a bandwagon fan - go ahead and order your Patriots gear and get you an Alabama jersey while you are at it.......then you will be happy.

3 minutes ago, slamee101 said:

Brother, only thing I can say is give it time.

Look, we may not all get along or agree on here but 95% of us are legit Falcons fans and love this team.  That being the case I think that the 95% of us that live and die with this team are entitled to handle this one however we see fit.

That's why the "You're not a real fan if you complain" was always silly to me.

Like you, not really sure what to make of this one.  No team has ever come back from such a big deficit in the SB until tonight...against us.  Sad, yet somewhat predictable.  As much fun as we had at points during the season I think any fan is entitled to b*tch about this one.  If your a fan that feels like everyone should remain positive then I'd say just log off for a while.

I suspect that when next season starts we'll largely all be back rooting for our team like we always do.  With a healthy dose of skepticism of course and maybe some of the fans that questioned that lack of faith will understand a little better.

That said, can't really do anything else but hope this team does one day get over the hump.  As skeptical as I may be.

nicely said.

I don't begrudge the fans that want to beotch and point fingers and gnash teeth - if that is what helps them, then I say "go for it".......just not the way I choose to go as it does not change the outcome.

The sooner I can put this out of my mind, the better off I will be personally.   It will never really totally leave my mind, but the pain will get easier w/ time.

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

I sit in front of my computer, just sick.  I LOVE the falcons - it is my #1 hobby.

We have had such a tremendous season - but this is such a bitter pill.

Had we lost in NFCCG to Green Bay in a tight game - that would have been tough - but doable

Had we lost in Superbowl after trailing by 10+ points but battled hard, that would have been tough - but doable

How do we recover from being up 28-3 in the mid 3rd quarter of SuperBowl?

It is not just that it is tough on us as Falcons fans - but now we are a "punch line" in NFL history......

How can something SO GOOD - end like this?   and it can only be changed w/ another SB - and a win.

I am sick of NFC South Banners - sick of NFC Champ banners.   arggh.....

It hurts bad, my friend. 

Wish I could say something that would make it not so, but truth is it should hurt. 

Edited by Vandy
14 minutes ago, Begotten912 said:

....Or you could be a whiny little bi$tch too I guess.  Lol wow. Maybe New England has room on there bandwagon?

No one owes you anything princess.

1 minute ago, EddieK said:

Nope, I'll never get over it.  But I'll eventually think about it less, I'll never stop supporting this team, and hopefully when we do win one, this loss will only make me enjoy it that much more.

exactly my thoughts.   this is just part of our history now and you  cannot run from it - so don't!  when some smarmy fan from another team tries to rub your nose in it - just say "yeah, we lost one we should have won" and "tough loss but we had h3lla season" - "How was your season?".

time.....we all just gotta give it time.

21 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

to me, fandom does not come w/ conditions.   I don't like the crappy history of my home cities sports franchises but they are "my teams".

I am also a Georgia Bulldog and is my alma mater.   I don't like that we have not won the National Championship since I was 14 years old and now I am 51 - but it is MY TEAM.

I have watched more and more people become ALABAMA fans that have no direct ties to Alabama - simply because they are a perennial winning franchise.   More power to them if that is what they need.

I don't......win or lose, I ride with the Falcons.   I watch the game on TV so my investment in the team is more emotional than it is financial.

If the Falcons have to EARN your support - then go be a bandwagon fan - go ahead and order your Patriots gear and get you an Alabama jersey while you are at it.......then you will be happy.

Why are you a fan?

14 minutes ago, WPGFALCONSFAN said:

....Or you could be a whiny little bi$tch too I guess.  Lol wow. Maybe New England has room on there bandwagon?

No one owes you anything princess.

Remember that next time the awkward question comes up about why Atlanta isn't a sports town and why there are no butts in the seats.

23 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Forreal.. the nerve to say that the Falcons are the ones that are entitled lmao.

1 hour ago, sdogg said:

Worst loss ever. I'm not sure I can take it any longer. I've convinced myself that we will never win a SB. 

30+ years watching sports. This is the worst. It couldn't just be a loss. It had to be actually starting to think I was gonna see Ryan hoisting the trophy. It had to be the most embarrassing loss in NFL history. It had to be the Falcons. Historically good year to a historically epic fail. GD it all.