Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Knight of God

Man Whats Wrong With You All?

246 posts in this topic

Just now, thomass said:

I can't stand this "no one expected us to be here" excuse.  Who the F cares.  We were up 25 and lost.  We have the right to be upset.  

you do, have that right. but don't get mad at other people that are getting over it easier. everyone has a right to go through it at their own pace, but don't take it out on people absorbing this catastrophe at different speeds.

4 minutes ago, SN4ttERboXxer said:

you do, have that right. but don't get mad at other people that are getting over it easier. everyone has a right to go through it at their own pace, but don't take it out on people absorbing this catastrophe at different speeds.

lol dude it's the day after the super bowl.  

Sn4tteRBoxXeR and pr0d16y like this

1 minute ago, thomass said:

lol dude it's the day after the super bowl.  

dude I'm a FALCON at HEART (not like Deion Sanders, he's a wannabe)
Having to recover from a drinking migraine helped clear my mind today - would recommend

Francis York Morgan likes this

19 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Dude! We played in a Superbowl none of us thought was even possible. I was expecting a deep run next year and Superbowl in 2019. Not this year!!! We are a great team! Not good, GREAT!!! I just had to explain to my daughter, this is the #2 team in the freaking LEAGUE!!! Not NFC South, not NFC, but the whole NFL!!! I am ashamed of the behavior. I meant it when I said, "In Brotherhood We Rise Up!" I meant it when I put on my Falcons golf shirt @JOEinPHX sent and I mean it now when I say, I don't understand this fanbase! My college team lost in the National Championship and immediately after I said, "We are still the best!" We lost this game in OT...isn't it the first? Against the freaking Patriots. Gave them heII and Jarrett got 3 freaking sacks.

Ryan, Shanahan, Freeman, the OL, DL, Quinn, TD, and everyone else got us here. We brutalized Brady. The son of my favorite FOOTBALL PLAYER of all time got 3 freaking sacks. Oh you all need to grow the heII up. Talking about I'm done, I'm through, Shanny this and that, bad play calling, calling my damm QB a choker. If you don't want to be a fan anymore then prove it! If not, wipe your azz, pull your pants back up, and raise the freaking shields as @Supes™would say! The off season just started.

In Brotherhood We Rise Up!!!

Hey bro, long time no see. I didn't want to jinx us and log back on here while we were winning. At lot of us have a hard time looking at things in a positive light. This game just happened to come at a time in my life when I'm trying to be more positive, because negativity keeps derailing me. I work at 2 Peachtree Street, I practically would have been in the parade. That part is killing me.

That being said, I want the Falcons to win Super Bowl 53, and I want to be able to afford to be there to see it. That's my new goal. That being said, I can't think about last night's game without getting choked up, and I was also getting choked up that we had even made it that far, so I'll probably be openly weeping on national TV, win or lose. I also won't be wearing Falcons gear. Every time I buy Falcons gear, we lose. I burned a t-shirt in '99, and I threw away my Beasley jersey after the opening game this year. It almost worked.

For me, it's not that we lost, it's how we lost... if we play them 100 times, I bet we'd win 75 of the games... A nice shiny trophy would look GREAT day one of the new stadium opening 

6 minutes ago, SN4ttERboXxer said:

dude I'm a FALCON at HEART (not like Deion Sanders, he's a wannabe)
Having to recover from a drinking migraine helped clear my mind today - would recommend

Amen, eff Deion. I was hoping to see him at the parade so I could tell him that we're tearing down "his house" for picking the Patriots.

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

19 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Dude! We played in a Superbowl none of us thought was even possible. I was expecting a deep run next year and Superbowl in 2019. Not this year!!! We are a great team! Not good, GREAT!!! I just had to explain to my daughter, this is the #2 team in the freaking LEAGUE!!! Not NFC South, not NFC, but the whole NFL!!! I am ashamed of the behavior. I meant it when I said, "In Brotherhood We Rise Up!" I meant it when I put on my Falcons golf shirt @JOEinPHX sent and I mean it now when I say, I don't understand this fanbase! My college team lost in the National Championship and immediately after I said, "We are still the best!" We lost this game in OT...isn't it the first? Against the freaking Patriots. Gave them heII and Jarrett got 3 freaking sacks.

Ryan, Shanahan, Freeman, the OL, DL, Quinn, TD, and everyone else got us here. We brutalized Brady. The son of my favorite FOOTBALL PLAYER of all time got 3 freaking sacks. Oh you all need to grow the heII up. Talking about I'm done, I'm through, Shanny this and that, bad play calling, calling my damm QB a choker. If you don't want to be a fan anymore then prove it! If not, wipe your azz, pull your pants back up, and raise the freaking shields as @Supes™would say! The off season just started.

Because it only took 9 years for TD to put a team together to get there injuries could easily derail Amy future runs and there already talking about giving Ryan a bump in pay also freeman,trufant and others 

A lot of Superbowls are timing and luck the falcons got there and were up 28-3 more than half way threw the 3rd quarter. Sure there a young team but a young team can easily regress and it can improve and likely over managing and feeling like they will have to play perfect will due them in next year.

Because of the way they loss and how it happened anything short of 16-0 and a Superbowl will have to feel like a failure 

I don't think they'll make the playoffs next year due to very tough schedule and injuries plus the hangover this one is going to leave. 

The only way I can see them flip the script is to get the opening night game vs NE and beat the ever living **** out of them like 50-10

ckquote widget

1 minute ago, Passprotection said:

For me, it's not that we lost, it's how we lost... if we play them 100 times, I bet we'd win 75 of the games... A nice shiny trophy would look GREAT day one of the new stadium opening 

Yeah, the loss in '98 was much easier to take. It was agonizing to watch, but...I can't describe last night in any way without violating the forum rules.

pr0d16y and Sn4tteRBoxXeR like this

8 hours ago, JOEinPHX said:

Thanks for the nod to me re the golf shirt - I appreciate it.  I also appreciate that you're standing up to the 'season is a failure without a Lombardi' crowd.  Some fans just don't know how good they have it.

Aside from the current disappointment, I hope all is well for you and your family.  Get me caught up if you have a moment.  Tried to PM you but it wouldn't work.

Joe

Sure will my friend.

Yeah I don't understand. 99.9% of these same people saying they're done were saying we wouldn't even make the playoffs at the  beginning of the season. And now that we lost in OT in the SB they're done? After we blew their expectations out of the water?

I dunno. We were the second best team in the NFL for only the second time ever, with a team with rookies/2'nd year players at like half the positions. We did better than every single other team in the league save for one, but people are complaining? I guess people can be all gloomy and quite the team if they want, but that's not me. Last night was rough, but this was such an incredible season, and I'm more excited for next year than I ever have been. 

I liked what you said KoG, you're not a loser unless you stay defeated. This team won't do that, not unless I have them pegged very, very wrong. 

Knight of God likes this

Last night after the loss I was completely numb after the loss followed by anger and disbelief. This carried into today when the principal at the middle school I work st began the morning announcements in stating that "I might be a little cranky today after my Atlanta Falcons blew a 25 point lead." (Guy is a Broncos fan) Didn't really need to hear or have to deal with the results of that.

But you know what, $&@! it! The Falcons have been and always will be my team no matter what! I love them and Mr. Blank as well. We are all in mourning over this loss and it seems unfathomabe that we lost like we did, but I will ride or die with them till the end! All the wannabe fans that are buthurt and quitting on this team can do just that! Every game has a winner or a looser. How you are judged is in response to a loss!

9 hours ago, Passprotection said:

I get it man but those guys played there hearts out yesterday the football gods weren't on our side.

If I'm honest man I'm excited for times ahead I'm confident we are on the right track we have the right guy leading us in Dan Quinn.The loss stings but we gotta move on you can't keep reliving it it's gone man.

BEcause it is obvious we were waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than the Pats. We didn't take the pedal off against Seattle, and Green Bay, but we did in the super bowl against Brady? We were scared to do that against Wilson and Rodgers but not Brady? If you don't think something is fishy there then your just naive. I don't blame anyone that decides to stop watching the NFL.  Plus, we didn't try ANY trick plays, including end arounds etc. 21 pts in 2nd qtr, and not even a fg in the 2nd half? I said all we needed was a field goal to ice it in the second half. Ryans face when were up was despondent. His headset just magically stopped working in his helmet in the fourth qtr?  IT's obvious that atleast the superbowl is fixed. Noone is that **** lucky. Brady looked pedestrian untill our defense was exhausted from playing forever. We win that game 999,999 out of 1,000,000 Vegas had Pats+3, and they shut out the number 1 offense BY FAR to win that spread? Too much money involvedfor it not to be fixed at some level. I'm not a sheep so you can't pull the wool over my eyes. Football wasn't like this before Goodell. I wouldn't be surprised if every pro sport is owned by Vegas. Someone in our F.O., or coaching staff got PAID. The fact is they prob all got paid. Vegas made alot of money off that game. I'm taking alot of time off to think about and research it. Every year the Pats cheat, and they get "caught" with some little nonsense to distract everyone from the big lie that won the game. THe Saints and Katrina bowl made me start thinking when they hit Favre 5 secs after his passes a dozen times and never got flagged in the NFC championship.

nyAnd I knew we were going to go to the superbowl after we won after the bye without Jones. I knew we would win the division this year, after we signed Mack. HE is the best center in the league bc centers are usually either moderately athletic and very cerebral, or very athletic but not able to read defenses like Mack and other cerebral centers. We will win the superbowl next year. I say that because I know this league is rigged to a certain degree. The refs personally gave the Pats a scoring drive,that was the difference in the game, by calling four or 5 consecutive holds on 3rd down. Only one was blatant and the rest could be called on every play. I will always be a fan but I'm not buying merch, or seats, and since I'm a family guy, I can't watch the games live anymore. I get way to into the games and I think I scared my 2 y.o.by fake crying at Brees and telling BEaz to naw off his **** face. Then I made a running joke, that my wife didn't understand, that Brees didn't have to go to New Orleands to stay shii tfaced. Hes been shiit faced since birth, But the seahawks,chargers, and chiefs games felt fixed to me but I didn't say anything. After we didn't even challenge the Ryan fumble, and knowing we did challenge a 7 yrd gain, I took a walk bc I KNEW we were going to get screwed. I knew the field goal we needed wasn't coming. I think the onside kick was supposed to be theirs but the kicker touched it, I knew they were going to kick onside, but noone on the coaching staff saw it? WHy weren't we in the recover formation. Because only a few plays, and a few ppl be involved to buy a football game. When money is involved someone, somewhere is cheating to get some.

Thank You KOG. Folks, wipe the tears away, get out of bed and put this behind you, now. Wallowing in defeat, defeats you. Stick your chest back out and realize we are champions, we were in the Super Bowl, and more importantly, we have incredible, people representing our town, our TEAM and We Will Be Back. 

This team will not be labeled and defined by a National media, already intently biased against Atlanta. We will not be ridiculed by the pathetic Atlanta newspaper nor talking heads who Aren't Falcons fans to begin with. What we will do, must do, is look back, understand just how wonderful this past season was. No one expected all this and frankly it came a year early. So forget what you DON'T have, and realize, be happy about what you DO HAVE. What we have is better then 31 teams in the NFL. We have pride, we have Matty Ice, Freeman/Coleman, Mack, Mathews, Sanu, Gabrial, JULIO, Hooper, Beasley, Jarrett, NEAL, Jones, TRU, Rocky, and a bunch of other good players. We also have Dan Quinn and TD who pieced this together way faster then we all hoped and dreamed of. 

Most importantly, we have Mr. Blank, an owner who understands business, winning and wants to win at all costs. We will folks, so lets RISE back UP and remember again, what we have. "Where focus goes, Energy Flows. Focus on the positives, not the negatives. 

On February 5, 2017 at 10:51 PM, Knight of God said:

Amen! 

Knight of God likes this

1 hour ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

BEcause it is obvious we were waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than the Pats. We didn't take the pedal off against Seattle, and Green Bay, but we did in the super bowl against Brady? We were scared to do that against Wilson and Rodgers but not Brady? If you don't think something is fishy there then your just naive. I don't blame anyone that decides to stop watching the NFL.  Plus, we didn't try ANY trick plays, including end arounds etc. 21 pts in 2nd qtr, and not even a fg in the 2nd half? I said all we needed was a field goal to ice it in the second half. Ryans face when were up was despondent. His headset just magically stopped working in his helmet in the fourth qtr?  IT's obvious that atleast the superbowl is fixed. Noone is that **** lucky. Brady looked pedestrian untill our defense was exhausted from playing forever. We win that game 999,999 out of 1,000,000 Vegas had Pats+3, and they shut out the number 1 offense BY FAR to win that spread? Too much money involvedfor it not to be fixed at some level. I'm not a sheep so you can't pull the wool over my eyes. Football wasn't like this before Goodell. I wouldn't be surprised if every pro sport is owned by Vegas. Someone in our F.O., or coaching staff got PAID. The fact is they prob all got paid. Vegas made alot of money off that game. I'm taking alot of time off to think about and research it. Every year the Pats cheat, and they get "caught" with some little nonsense to distract everyone from the big lie that won the game. THe Saints and Katrina bowl made me start thinking when they hit Favre 5 secs after his passes a dozen times and never got flagged in the NFC championship.

If anyone got paid it was KYLE Shanahan..Why else would you pass in that situation? He probably recieved an ocean front mansion in San Fran. lol

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Heartbreak for us fans, but imagine how the players feel?  I'm sure none of them will say it, but they have to feel some sense of disappointment in some of the coaching decisions. We WILL rise again!

On 2/5/2017 at 10:51 PM, Knight of God said:

Yes sir.

The look on Brady's face after we sacked him right before the half was priceless. PRICELESS. He couldn't fathom the Falcons were giving them the business like few teams have ever done to that juggernaut.

We didn't win, but it wasn't because we didn't deserve to be on the field. This wan't 98 where it was obvious the other team outmatched us from start to finish.

Knight of God likes this

The heartbreak stems from the fact that the win was something within our grasp, but play-calling and execution cost us the trophy.  It isn't that we were outclassed, or that we were robbed by the refs, its that we gave the game away.  Kyle should have run the ball a lot more in the second half.  Matt should have gotten the ball out of his hands rather than taking multiple sacks.  Freeman should have made his block.  The O-line shouldn't have held.  All of these are self inflicted injuries.

But you know what, they are all correctable.  This team still has a lot of talent.  We saw what this defense will be.  We saw that this offense can be mesmerizing when it isn't shooting itself in the foot.  The majority of contributing players will be back next year.  The defense will only get better.  The Falcons will be back in contention if we don't get bit by the injury bug.  Our schedule next year will not be the hardest in the NFL.

This loss sucks, and it will linger for a while.  But I choose to look forward, to a young team with a stable core, that has a bright future.  Anyone who wants to turn their fan card in, go ahead.  I'm sticking with it though, and I'm looking forward to the 2017 season.

15 hours ago, SN4ttERboXxer said:

And others don't need to come on here telling us how we should feel right after a loss.

Sun Tzu 7 likes this