Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Knight of God

Man Whats Wrong With You All?

246 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, fuego said:

Are you serious? You mean the rest of the game after that? 44 yards and 3 first downs TOTAL?

Yeppers, the one series that just reallllllly pisses me off like I mentioned earlier is after that onside kick we recovered.  I mean we had this **** gamn wrapped in a bow for the taking and we had to somehow **** it up. Got **** i'm mad.  So much luck goes into making it to the final game over being the better team i'm just so frustrated about how we blew this golden opportunity in the absolute worst possible way imaginable.  

Falconsfan567 likes this

1 minute ago, fuego said:

Are you serious? You mean the rest of the game after that? 44 yards and 3 first downs TOTAL?

Yeah man we didn't have the ball for like a qtr and half.

Patriots had ToP and about double thee amount of offensive plays we had.

They needed to get us in OT.Basically this game comes down to the play call where we had them on there 22 and Ryan took the sack loss of 7 and the holding penalty which put us back to there 39 and then we are out of FG range.

Costly play calling Unfortunately killed us.

Heard KS afterwards saying we were in a passing situation because we weren't getting any movement in the middle,so he dialled pass it cost us.

3 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Are you serious? Falcons were up 28-3 and lost? Up 19 points in the 4th quarter and lost. They just set another Atlanta sports record of being the worst at something. There's nothing positive about this lost. It's the worst lost in the history of Atlanta sports and it came against the team and player I hate more than life its self. I wish I could ****ing cut Brady!!

We probably have the worst second half collapses in history. Niners, lions, and this game come to mind. 

I still love this team. I always will. But I think I've come to grips w/ reality that we will never win the big one because we are religious chokers.

Falconsfan567 and slamee101 like this

3 hours ago, lee sunset said:

Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser...

Cam Newton said this after taking flak for his Super Bowl press conference.    It hey it's true

3 hours ago, BZundel said:

This

So every team that ever loses and doesn't whine and cry is a loser? Yes, until sundown of that day.   The next win or even the next spirited practice puts them back  in the winners column.  The pats weren't losers when Seattle beat them and while we lost the Superbowl  that wasn't the be-all and end-all of our team.  Has Vegas got a line on next year's Superbowl yet?  We might be favored.  Yum-Yum!  Gimme some! 

3 hours ago, Charles Wright said:

KOG, I'm sorry but this is beyond the pale. I'm college only from here out. This team is seriously jinxed, there is no other explanation. I actually hate them now!

Now that's a loser!

Falconsfan567 and capologist like this

3 hours ago, FalconinPA said:

KOG, you my man and all but this one stings. After blowing a 25 point win and a sure win, no bright spots for us right now

Ditto. See y'all next year. Hope everyone has a good offseason

7 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Dude! We played in a Superbowl none of us thought was even possible. I was expecting a deep run next year and Superbowl in 2019. Not this year!!! We are a great team! Not good, GREAT!!! I just had to explain to my daughter, this is the #2 team in the freaking LEAGUE!!! Not NFC South, not NFC, but the whole NFL!!! I am ashamed of the behavior. I meant it when I said, "In Brotherhood We Rise Up!" I meant it when I put on my Falcons golf shirt @JOEinPHX sent and I mean it now when I say, I don't understand this fanbase! My college team lost in the National Championship and immediately after I said, "We are still the best!" We lost this game in OT...isn't it the first? Against the freaking Patriots. Gave them heII and Jarrett got 3 freaking sacks.

Ryan, Shanahan, Freeman, the OL, DL, Quinn, TD, and everyone else got us here. We brutalized Brady. The son of my favorite FOOTBALL PLAYER of all time got 3 freaking sacks. Oh you all need to grow the heII up. Talking about I'm done, I'm through, Shanny this and that, bad play calling, calling my damm QB a choker. If you don't want to be a fan anymore then prove it! If not, wipe your azz, pull your pants back up, and raise the freaking shields as @Supes™would say! The off season just started.

In Brotherhood We Rise Up!!!

you need to move off of fantasy island

This is a great team, and we should be thankful to them for taking us this far. They can continue to be great if they somehow pull themselves out of this.

That said, it's a fact that, given the stakes, last night was the biggest choke job in the history of football, maybe sports. I mean this makes Seattle's loss to Pats two years ago a walk in the park. Biggest deficit to overcome in the history of SB was 10!!! There is a reason for that. A team that gets that far should not be the type to waste a lead that big. There were 50 SBs in history as evidence to back that claim up. Maximum deficit of 10!!!! And we gave up a lead of 25. Those guys poured their heart out there and I am proud of them individually. Grady, Alford, Both Jones's, Mack, Matt, pretty much all of them. But as a team they created a monument of collapse. Collapse is going to be nicknamed after them in sports. You know it, they know it, the world knows it, and unfortunately it won't be forgotten anytime soon if ever. 

We can continue to be a great team, but the doubt sown by this loss may never be erased from the subconscious of these players and coaches. This could shape them. I hope it doesn't but it'll take a heck of coach and collective therapy to get this loss out of their system. 

I'll be their fan through coming years as long as I follow football, but because I'm their fan I hope they can give this some perspective, realize that it's after all a game, and don't let this scar their psyche. I hope we all can do that.

Just gonna be honest. I love my team, right now I feel like a Cleveland Brown's fan back in the Bernie Kozar days. You know, they had a great team for years and kept coming up short. The window closed and the team has been dog crap ever since.

Voicing my frustrations I guess...

Falconsfan567 likes this

A much needed learning curve for Ryan. We lost the Super Bowl, it is what it is. Here's a positive..  THE FALCONS FUTURE IS BRIGHT! 

They had a helluva of season.    

8 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Dude! We played in a Superbowl none of us thought was even possible. I was expecting a deep run next year and Superbowl in 2019. Not this year!!! We are a great team! Not good, GREAT!!! I just had to explain to my daughter, this is the #2 team in the freaking LEAGUE!!! Not NFC South, not NFC, but the whole NFL!!! I am ashamed of the behavior. I meant it when I said, "In Brotherhood We Rise Up!" I meant it when I put on my Falcons golf shirt @JOEinPHX sent and I mean it now when I say, I don't understand this fanbase! My college team lost in the National Championship and immediately after I said, "We are still the best!" We lost this game in OT...isn't it the first? Against the freaking Patriots. Gave them heII and Jarrett got 3 freaking sacks.

Ryan, Shanahan, Freeman, the OL, DL, Quinn, TD, and everyone else got us here. We brutalized Brady. The son of my favorite FOOTBALL PLAYER of all time got 3 freaking sacks. Oh you all need to grow the heII up. Talking about I'm done, I'm through, Shanny this and that, bad play calling, calling my damm QB a choker. If you don't want to be a fan anymore then prove it! If not, wipe your azz, pull your pants back up, and raise the freaking shields as @Supes™would say! The off season just started.

Just pain.

Some of us will recover from it eventually.

Some of us will not.

And I can't blame those who just can't deal with it anymore.

I don't know about everybody else but I've just about had enough of other fans telling me how I should feel about my team.

How about you do you, and I do me?

I almost started talking smack to some whining Pats fans when we were up 25 but the ghost of Falcons past started rising up around me. As much as I wanted to gloat I reminded myself this is still the Falcons.We lost respectability in this game in the worst way. Just when everyone started to believe we would finish we didn't. No excuses for blowing a 25 point lead period. They just created their own asterisk in sports history yesterday. 

Falconsfan567 and rounz like this

19 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Thanks for the nod to me re the golf shirt - I appreciate it.  I also appreciate that you're standing up to the 'season is a failure without a Lombardi' crowd.  Some fans just don't know how good they have it.

Aside from the current disappointment, I hope all is well for you and your family.  Get me caught up if you have a moment.  Tried to PM you but it wouldn't work.

Joe

Knight of God likes this