Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Knight of God

Man Whats Wrong With You All?

246 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

Dude! We played in a Superbowl none of us thought was even possible. I was expecting a deep run next year and Superbowl in 2019. Not this year!!! We are a great team! Not good, GREAT!!! I just had to explain to my daughter, this is the #2 team in the freaking LEAGUE!!! Not NFC South, not NFC, but the whole NFL!!! I am ashamed of the behavior. I meant it when I said, "In Brotherhood We Rise Up!" I meant it when I put on my Falcons golf shirt @JOEinPHX sent and I mean it now when I say, I don't understand this fanbase! My college team lost in the National Championship and immediately after I said, "We are still the best!" We lost this game in OT...isn't it the first? Against the freaking Patriots. Gave them heII and Jarrett got 3 freaking sacks.

Ryan, Shanahan, Freeman, the OL, DL, Quinn, TD, and everyone else got us here. We brutalized Brady. The son of my favorite FOOTBALL PLAYER of all time got 3 freaking sacks. Oh you all need to grow the heII up. Talking about I'm done, I'm through, Shanny this and that, bad play calling, calling my damm QB a choker. If you don't want to be a fan anymore then prove it! If not, wipe your azz, pull your pants back up, and raise the freaking shields as @Supes™would say! The off season just started.

In Brotherhood We Rise Up!!!

I agree!

I cried because I love the Falcons so much and I was so sure we were destined to win but I'm proud of what they accomplished this year. I think we'll be back soon.

red falcon and Knight of God like this

18 minutes ago, Romfal said:

would have rather lost by 28 at half time and 50 total

Honestly yeah.. the way we lost that game was more embarrassing then just getting blown out the pats fans around me were feeling better then falcons fans when they were getting blown out then we were after the game 

Thanks KOG. Needed something positive to hear. I am encouraged that with our youth and talent,  we'll be perennial favorites for a long time to come.

As for those as distraught as I am,  keep things in perspective you wuss. It's a game. People with real suffering out there and we batch about losing a game? . Give me a break and man (woman)  up. 

Knight of God likes this

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

Dude! We played in a Superbowl none of us thought was even possible. I was expecting a deep run next year and Superbowl in 2019. Not this year!!! We are a great team! Not good, GREAT!!! I just had to explain to my daughter, this is the #2 team in the freaking LEAGUE!!! Not NFC South, not NFC, but the whole NFL!!! I am ashamed of the behavior. I meant it when I said, "In Brotherhood We Rise Up!" I meant it when I put on my Falcons golf shirt @JOEinPHX sent and I mean it now when I say, I don't understand this fanbase! My college team lost in the National Championship and immediately after I said, "We are still the best!" We lost this game in OT...isn't it the first? Against the freaking Patriots. Gave them heII and Jarrett got 3 freaking sacks.

Ryan, Shanahan, Freeman, the OL, DL, Quinn, TD, and everyone else got us here. We brutalized Brady. The son of my favorite FOOTBALL PLAYER of all time got 3 freaking sacks. Oh you all need to grow the heII up. Talking about I'm done, I'm through, Shanny this and that, bad play calling, calling my damm QB a choker. If you don't want to be a fan anymore then prove it! If not, wipe your azz, pull your pants back up, and raise the freaking shields as @Supes™would say! The off season just started.

In Brotherhood We Rise Up!!!

yeah, it is what it is.....great season.   terrible ending but it is what it is.

just will take some time to digest this one KOG.....

Knight of God likes this

1 hour ago, Worzone said:

Losing the superbowl,  i can handle. Choking a 25pt lead. Naw thats a team with no pride in themselves.

I bet you wouldn't repeat that statement to the coach or to the team.

No pride who the hell are you kidding that's all I've seen from players putting on the Falcons uniform all year.

No pride in themselves take that statement and shove it where the sun don't shine because that's straight horse $hit right there.

2 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I bet you wouldn't repeat that statement to the coach or to the team.

No pride who the hell are you kidding that's all I've seen from players putting on the Falcons uniform all year.

No pride in themselves take that statement and shove I think where the sun don't shine because that's straight horse $hit right there.

31 unanswered points on the biggest most important game of your life. Couldn't manage to even get 3 to make history and bring the 1st big one to atl. No instead of sealing it with a field goal we pass and get sacked and knocked out of field goal range. There is no heart in a team that does that in a SB.

Just now, Worzone said:

31 unanswered pomts on the biggest mist important game of your life. Coulsnt manage to even get 3 to make history and bring the 1st big one to atl. No instead of sealingn it with a field goal we pass and get sacked and knockes out of field goal range. There is no heart in a team that does that in a SB.

Yep $hit happens that doesn't mean we have no pride because we made a few poor decisions.

Im just gonna put it down to the fact that your being irrational right now.Its ok I get it but I saw plenty like about this team this year.

This team doesn't lack anything in the pride stakes.

Vandy likes this

4 minutes ago, Worzone said:

31 unanswered points on the biggest most important game of your life. Couldn't manage to even get 3 to make history and bring the 1st big one to atl. No instead of sealing it with a field goal we pass and get sacked and knocked out of field goal range. There is no heart in a team that does that in a SB.

Teams with no heart don't make it to Super Bowls. 

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Are you serious? Falcons were up 28-3 and lost? Up 19 points in the 4th quarter and lost. They just set another Atlanta sports record of being the worst at something. There's nothing positive about this lost. It's the worst lost in the history of Atlanta sports and it came against the team and player I hate more than life its self. I wish I could ****ing cut Brady!!

Well that escalated quickly. Go for a walk dude. 

Vandy likes this

42 minutes ago, BIRDLAND 2.0 said:

We need some more blue chip players on D line. Brady was not harassed in 4th quarter. Need one more blue chip at RG. This one hurts, but based on ownership/coaching/GM , the Birds will be back and win it all. ICE played well. Again, the fact this team almost won is beyond progress. Those of who think this team CANNOT win it all have not studied football long enough. 

The momentum had swung man.

Our d-line especially the interior guy's did a heck of a job but it can't be on them the whole game.They pressured Brady for 3 and half qtrs and b the time the 4 th qtr rolled round the tank was empty.

Seriously outside of the Pats comeback it was a few play calls on the offensive side that buried us.I mean 4 possessions in the 2nd half we didn't score that hurt. Yep f we had have scored on anyone of those 4 we win.

We got murdered in TOP stakes so as above if we had have got that score we probably would have won.

red falcon and Vandy like this

It just pisses me off that we had this golden freakin opportunity pop up out of nowhere and we just crapped it away.  I mean after they scored a TD(missed the extra point) then we recovered the onside kick WITH a penalty on top of that we went 3 and out.  Its not that we lost its how we lost that just really grinds on me.  

Falconsfan567 likes this

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I'd much rather lose to the Browns than the Patriots. I ****ing hate the Patriots more than I do the Saints because Tom Brady is the scum of the ****ing earth and deserves to die!!

Woah!

At least i saved about 800 bucks. Between the new leather varsity falcon jacket I  WAS gonna get, a snap back hat and a hoodie, i just saved some money...

This is what I get for being so emotionally invested into sports. I tell myself I shouldn't, but I let myself go anyway. For starters, I'm never sports betting again, let alone on the Falcons, and that's all I'll say about that.

It was a great season...I'm trying to stay positive. I kept trying to convince myself that Ryan would live up to the moniker "Ice" and drive the offense down the field for the game winning FG in the last 53 seconds of regulation. When that didn't happen, I tried to convince myself we'd win the coin toss again for OT and the offense would score the game winning TD on the opening possession. When that didn't happen, I tried to convince myself that the defense would get a three-and-out or hold the Patriots to a FG and then we'd drive for the game winning TD.

None of the above happened.

It's hard for this loss not to overshadow everything else that was accomplished this season, but then again I'm not really one that puts much stock in individual achievements or accolades. I would have rather seen the Falcons win the Super Bowl than see Ryan win NFL MVP, as in the case of the Saints (Brees has never been named league MVP).

That being said, it was a heck of a run and the end result was obviously very disappointing, though the team has much to be proud of this season. I know people keep saying that "we weren't supposed to be there," but is that really an excuse for the outcome? It's especially hard to swallow because I predicted early on in the season (and bet money on it) that the Falcons would be in the Super Bowl. To me, despite the shortcomings [on defense], the team just had the look of a unit that could win it all.

They were less than a quarter away from doing so.

Yeah, it's just sports, and I'll move on from it. Nevertheless, I'm gonna take some time away from sports (all forms of media including this forum)--there's other more important things I need to be focusing on anyway.

Osiruz, slamee101 and Falconsfan567 like this

I'm pissed and I'm hurting as a Falcons fan.

Tomorrow though...I'm ride or die and I'm not dead. I'm still believing that days like today will make it worth it. But holy **** does today hurt. Those mofos cut me deep as ****. Only us does this happen to. Only us. 

Still wearing my gear tomorrow though and all the other 364 days of the year.

Ride. Or. Die.

red falcon and Knight of God like this

We have the potential to be back, but it's a tough pill to swallow we give up such an insurmountable lead like that. The trend for SB losers doesn't fall in our favor, but I feel our defense is one or two players away. Strengthen the front 7 and I think we'll be back in the near future . 

2 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Its one thing to be a good loser, its another to be a bytch!

It is another to act like you are part of a cult and feel obligated to worship regardless of what you actually see, or don't see.

31 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

The momentum had swung man.

Our d-line especially the interior guy's did a heck of a job but it can't be on them the whole game.They pressured Brady for 3 and half qtrs and b the time the 4 th qtr rolled round the tank was empty.

Seriously outside of the Pats comeback it was a few play calls on the offensive side that buried us.I mean 4 possessions in the 2nd half we didn't score that hurt. Yep f we had have scored on anyone of those 4 we win.

We got murdered in TOP stakes so as above if we had have got that score we probably would have won.

Falcons offense had 44 yards and 3 first downs after they made it 28-3. Anyone that blames this loss on the defense needs to seriously reconsider being a football fan and go follow chess or something.

red falcon and slick0ne like this

I don't see what's so bad about being able to go through it for a day or so. I hate telling people how to feel or how long they should be allowed to feel a certain way. We all deal with things differently. 

26 minutes ago, ltstorm2 said:

It just pisses me off that we had this golden freakin opportunity pop up out of nowhere and we just crapped it away.  I mean after they scored a TD(missed the extra point) then we recovered the onside kick WITH a penalty on top of that we went 3 and out.  Its not that we lost its how we lost that just really grinds on me.  

Both times, that one and the last possession with 3 minutes left, in field goal range twice and penalties and sacks took us out of FG range. That lost the game. How many sacks did we give up on 3rd down? I lost count after 3. 

1 hour ago, luvva said:

Right on, man.  Pats' fan here but you are correct.  Nothing to be ashamed of here and the babies who turn on their team like so many here is shameful.  Not the first fan base to do so, but it's indicative of know-nothing bandwagon fools.  Makes me sick as a fan, in general.

Thanks man. You're dead on with your analysis here.

47 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Falcons offense had 44 yards and 3 first downs after they made it 28-3. Anyone that blames this loss on the defense needs to seriously reconsider being a football fan and go follow chess or something.

Are you serious? You mean the rest of the game after that? 44 yards and 3 first downs TOTAL?