Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Knight of God

Man Whats Wrong With You All?

246 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Knight of God said:

No, I don't know. 27yrs a fan, but clueless.

I've been a fan since the beginning, and for you to be one 27 years and you're not even frustrated? A loss I can handle. A HISTORIC CHOKE JOB in the SB is another matter all together. You're really not being realistic in your OP about this on this thread. If you don't get it then I don't know what to say. 

Don't get me wrong, I normally like your posts but this is really over the top thinking that we're all going to be excited regardless. 

27 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Dude! We played in a Superbowl none of us thought was even possible. I was expecting a deep run next year and Superbowl in 2019. Not this year!!! We are a great team! Not good, GREAT!!! I just had to explain to my daughter, this is the #2 team in the freaking LEAGUE!!! Not NFC South, not NFC, but the whole NFL!!! I am ashamed of the behavior. I meant it when I said, "In Brotherhood We Rise Up!" I meant it when I put on my Falcons golf shirt @JOEinPHX sent and I mean it now when I say, I don't understand this fanbase! My college team lost in the National Championship and immediately after I said, "We are still the best!" We lost this game in OT...isn't it the first? Against the freaking Patriots. Gave them heII and Jarrett got 3 freaking sacks.

Ryan, Shanahan, Freeman, the OL, DL, Quinn, TD, and everyone else got us here. We brutalized Brady. The son of my favorite FOOTBALL PLAYER of all time got 3 freaking sacks. Oh you all need to grow the heII up. Talking about I'm done, I'm through, Shanny this and that, bad play calling, calling my damm QB a choker. If you don't want to be a fan anymore then prove it! If not, wipe your azz, pull your pants back up, and raise the freaking shields as @Supes™would say! The off season just started.

In Brotherhood We Rise Up!!!

im with you,   we  will recover,    51 years  i dont have another bandwagon to jump on,   so ill stay here and have a beer with you

Knight of God and Vandy like this

9 minutes ago, Intellectually Honest said:

I will always root for this team, but you can't expect the fan base to be ra ra cheery all the time. That is completely irrational. Fans have every reason to be pissed and are under no obligation whatsoever to be optimistic all the time.

Yeah, I said clueless, but irrational may be a better word. It really is. 

It's not the loss that stings, it's is how we lost.

Stop and think for a moment just how many times one will be asked "what happened to your Falcons? I travel quite a bit and most of acquaintances know my background and that I am a season ticket holder. I will be asked perhaps 100's of time over the next year and each time will just reaffirm the nauseating, gut shot sickness I now have in my stomach.

Falconsfan567 likes this

Perhaps this is Clemson-Alabama part 1.

But folks, the Super Bowl hangover is real, the schedule is ridiculous next year, and the team got here by being on absolute fire after the KC game. You don't just get a taste and win it later in the NFL, this was the year for it to happen, most of the NFL was down, and then a 25 point lead went to the wayside... 

If Quinn is able to keep the hangover from getting this team then he gets crazy props. I doubt he does because this is absolutely soul crushing.

Falconsfan567 likes this

30 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Dude! We played in a Superbowl none of us thought was even possible. I was expecting a deep run next year and Superbowl in 2019. Not this year!!! We are a great team! Not good, GREAT!!! I just had to explain to my daughter, this is the #2 team in the freaking LEAGUE!!! Not NFC South, not NFC, but the whole NFL!!! I am ashamed of the behavior. I meant it when I said, "In Brotherhood We Rise Up!" I meant it when I put on my Falcons golf shirt @JOEinPHX sent and I mean it now when I say, I don't understand this fanbase! My college team lost in the National Championship and immediately after I said, "We are still the best!" We lost this game in OT...isn't it the first? Against the freaking Patriots. Gave them heII and Jarrett got 3 freaking sacks.

Ryan, Shanahan, Freeman, the OL, DL, Quinn, TD, and everyone else got us here. We brutalized Brady. The son of my favorite FOOTBALL PLAYER of all time got 3 freaking sacks. Oh you all need to grow the heII up. Talking about I'm done, I'm through, Shanny this and that, bad play calling, calling my damm QB a choker. If you don't want to be a fan anymore then prove it! If not, wipe your azz, pull your pants back up, and raise the freaking shields as @Supes™would say! The off season just started.

In Brotherhood We Rise Up!!!

Yes sir! Absolutely correct.  

GhostofGritz likes this

Lol still love my team. Easy to be a fan when **** is going good. Real test is moments like this.

We blew it tonight, no way to sugar coat that fact, but hey **** happens! Hopefully we learn and improve.

Still believe in this team and always will!

Keep those heads high guys!!

Just now, MainePatsFan said:

I'm not here to gloat folks - just a quick note as to how impressed I was with the Falcons tonight.  That D punished Brady.  JJ is a beast.  Youth, speed, physical play and a great QB - you'll be a power again next year.

Sucks that the opposing fans are the rational ones.

7 minutes ago, enginerd said:

Because he's a fan?

Yeah, this hurts but we can still be proud of our team and what they accomplished. 

Yeah, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter because it's going to be overshadowed by the worst Super Bowl in NFL history. It's another notch on the long list of Atlanta embarrassments. We're Falcon fans, we should know that it's not as simple as saying "wait until next year."

I'm proud of this team but our Falcons family is certainly allowed to grieve and b*tch and moan about this one for quite some time IMHO.  This one stings.  We can talk about the future is bright all we want but you don't get a lot of opportunities at the SB.  Odds are this team won't be back if we look at all the teams that lost and thought they'd make a run the following year.  

We can dissect it tomorrow but ultimately we had these bums and we blew it.  Hard pill to swallow.

D#x3 likes this

If you "hate" the Atlanta Falcons because of this game then you never were a fan...you're a whiny little byatch who should probably follow men's ice skating.

This stings like a mother, but this team wasn't even supposed to sniff success this year.

You want to jump off? Jump off. I don't want to be associated with whiny, crying, sniffling nancy boys like that anyway.

3 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Sucks that the opposing fans are the rational ones.

3 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yeah, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter because it's going to be overshadowed by the worst Super Bowl in NFL history. It's another notch on the long list of Atlanta embarrassments. We're Falcon fans, we should know that it's not as simple as saying "wait until next year."

Exactly. It's not that we lost, but that we had a HISTORICAL FAILURE. That's the point. It's not hard to see. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

Just now, slamee101 said:

I'm proud of this team but our Falcons family is certainly allowed to grieve and b*tch and moan about this one for quite some time IMHO.  This one stings.  We can talk about the future is bright all we want but you don't get a lot of opportunities at the SB.  Odds are this team won't be back if we look at all the teams that lost and thought they'd make a run the following year.  

We can dissect it tomorrow but ultimately we had these bums and we blew it.  Hard pill to swallow.

Exactly.

24 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Enjoy the whinefest! You lost the Superbowl, not the first playoff game! I am freaking proud of this team. Ryan, Freeman, Jarrett. They played their butts off! They have my respect!

This team played one of the hardest schedules in 2016. We had a bunch of rookies and 1 year players, and went 11-5 to the Super Bowl when NO ONE would have predicted that to happen. We did play our butts off, and this kind of loss hurts, but we really aren't that far from where we need to be. I'm proud of this team.

So a few fans vent after the worst loss in the history of the superbowl era and KOG comes in to tell them all to shut up and get over it. 

I wasnt expecting to make the superbowl, but when you do qualify and especially when you are leading 28-3 and then lose, it ****ing hurts. Its a fairly unreasonable request to expect fans to just move on and cheer for next season 5 minutes after a hell of an embarrassment.

In short, youre a wanker who needs to stop bitching about others bitching.

*waits for KOG to bitch about me bitching about him bitching...

MisterC and theDIRTYcode like this

3 minutes ago, D#x3 said:

So a few fans vent after the worst loss in the history of the superbowl era and KOG comes in to tell them all to shut up and get over it. 

Seriously. 

theDIRTYcode and D#x3 like this

1 minute ago, fuego said:

Seriously. 

Is that a "seriously, a few fans? More like 90% of them on here" or

"seriously, what a self righteous tosser KOG is coming in here and telling us all how we should feel and act"

Im confused lol

3 minutes ago, D#x3 said:

Is that a "seriously, a few fans? More like 90% of them on here" or

"seriously, what a self righteous tosser KOG is coming in here and telling us all how we should feel and act"

Im confused lol

Seriously coming in there and telling us how we should feel. 

theDIRTYcode and D#x3 like this