Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Knight of God

Man Whats Wrong With You All?

246 posts in this topic

As a Falcon fan you're always waiting for the other shoe to drop.... and it did.

Whats the worst way to lose?

Its one thing to get blown out.

And it's another to blow the biggest lead in the history of the SUPERBOWL.

The Falcons will go down in history for this game but it will be on the wrong side... 

Flying Falcon and chazbykr like this

1 minute ago, Worzone said:

Losing the superbowl,  i can handle. Choking a 25pt lead. Naw thats a team with no pride in themselves.

Exactly. How do you even begin to recover from this? How do I hold my head up and be proud that my team blew a 25 point Super Bowl lead? I can't. Its embarrassing.

I'm hoping this loss fuels them the entire post season and they blow the doors off next year and take no prisoners.  Right now though, it really hurts, they were so close to getting us number 1.  

KOG i love you dawg, and I've been a fan for for life but **** the Falcons right now. ain't no **** way we should have lost this game. run the ****ing ball and kick the dam  field goal.

Flying Falcon likes this

Respect you KOG, but I take no pride in 2nd place. You play for the ultimate prize, not runner ups. This is one I'll never forget, for all the wrong reasons. We go down in history as one of the biggest choke jobs, despite being a great team like the Warriors were in the NBA. I just can't fathom this at all. 

Flying Falcon and chazbykr like this

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Exactly. How do you even begin to recover from this? How do I hold my head up and be proud that my team blew a 25 point Super Bowl lead? I can't. Its embarrassing.

Im going into a cryogenic sleep until next season....you welcome to join me

Falconsfan567 likes this

Love the enthusiasm man. Just hard seeing the toughest loss/biggest comeback ever happen and Atlanta being on the losing side. I've never been saltier haha not sure if I should laugh or cry

7 minutes ago, theDIRTYcode said:

Fck this city....I was born here, and it's caused me nothing but heart break. I swear to God I just set a 200 dollar jersey on fire, but apparently it's too large for this post.

Move then..

Truly heartbroken right now... I'm not quitting on this bunch, not by a long shot... the arrow is pointing up despite this. For now though, it's time to log off for the evening and re-group. Hope everyone has a nice rest of the evening and doesn't take this too hard. The sun will rise in a few hours. 

I can't blame anybody for being upset. I personally am pissed off that we didn't finish the game. The sack. No, from now on, it will be the Sack. Then, follow up with the Hold and I saw the hand writing on the wall. By the time we had the Fumble, I was looking for any sign of life in the defense that was there and I saw none. I'm in no way unhappy with the season but this game is going to leave a mark. I'm gonna take a few weeks to process this one and probably won't be on TATF for most of that time. SMH.

But in time, I'll see it for what it was: a very good season with an exciting but very bad end. For anybody who asks if it's better to get there and lose or just realize early on that your team sucks, it is much better to get there and lose. Unless you're the Bills. Props to the Patsies. Props to the GOATs on their sideline. **** the talking heads who were praying that they'd come back because they just knew that Brady was da man. Turns out, he is. But screw them, they aren't.

Peace out, my brothers. It was a wonderful season. Next year's going to be much harder but I have confidence we can return. Rise up!

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Sorry dude but I don't see how you can be happy about LOSING after being up 28-3. I don't care that they weren't suppose to be here to begin with. The fact is that they were and they were 15 minutes away from winning and BLEW IT!!! We're an even more laughing stock than we were before the game. It would have been better to lose without ever being up 28-3 because at least that wouldn't have made history for worst Super Bowl lost ever.

Because I am use to being a winner and I know that you come back and win. A failure is only a failure if you are defeated in the end. I learn from everything. I win! I believe this team will win.

You all want to mourn? Fine, there are 40 other threads saying what you want to hear!

We are part of history: Wrong side of the biggest comeback in Super Bowl history, first team to blow a 25 point lead in the third quarter, first team to go into overtime and let the other team drive down the field in 3 minutes to score and win their 5th Super Bowl. Yep Pretty Awesome! But at least I should be able to upgrade my seats at the new stadium. They were at 75% sold out, I bet that after tonight's monstrosity they'll bet their down to 50% or less by the end of the week.  

Osiruz likes this

We now own the record for the biggest blown lead in both the conference championship and the Super Bowl

why did my parents have to move down here from Baltimore when I was 5. . . .

3 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I'm not even frustrated! I didn't expect to be here. Not at all. This was like a free play on an offsides for me!

So because you had no faith or expectations for this team it makes being the 1 in 93-1 ok?

15 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Dude! We played in a Superbowl none of us thought was even possible. I was expecting a deep run next year and Superbowl in 2019. Not this year!!! We are a great team! Not good, GREAT!!! I just had to explain to my daughter, this is the #2 team in the freaking LEAGUE!!! Not NFC South, not NFC, but the whole NFL!!! I am ashamed of the behavior. I meant it when I said, "In Brotherhood We Rise Up!" I meant it when I put on my Falcons golf shirt @JOEinPHX sent and I mean it now when I say, I don't understand this fanbase! My college team lost in the National Championship and immediately after I said, "We are still the best!" We lost this game in OT...isn't it the first? Against the freaking Patriots. Gave them heII and Jarrett got 3 freaking sacks.

Ryan, Shanahan, Freeman, the OL, DL, Quinn, TD, and everyone else got us here. We brutalized Brady. The son of my favorite FOOTBALL PLAYER of all time got 3 freaking sacks. Oh you all need to grow the heII up. Talking about I'm done, I'm through, Shanny this and that, bad play calling, calling my damm QB a choker. If you don't want to be a fan anymore then prove it! If not, wipe your azz, pull your pants back up, and raise the freaking shields as @Supes™would say! The off season just started.

In Brotherhood We Rise Up!!!

Nope, I can follow a team that loses, but these Falcons were afraid of winning.  They were a field goal away from winning and beat themselves.  You can't outcoach that.

14 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Dude! We played in a Superbowl none of us thought was even possible. I was expecting a deep run next year and Superbowl in 2019. Not this year!!! We are a great team! Not good, GREAT!!! I just had to explain to my daughter, this is the #2 team in the freaking LEAGUE!!! Not NFC South, not NFC, but the whole NFL!!! I am ashamed of the behavior. I meant it when I said, "In Brotherhood We Rise Up!" I meant it when I put on my Falcons golf shirt @JOEinPHX sent and I mean it now when I say, I don't understand this fanbase! My college team lost in the National Championship and immediately after I said, "We are still the best!" We lost this game in OT...isn't it the first? Against the freaking Patriots. Gave them heII and Jarrett got 3 freaking sacks.

Ryan, Shanahan, Freeman, the OL, DL, Quinn, TD, and everyone else got us here. We brutalized Brady. The son of my favorite FOOTBALL PLAYER of all time got 3 freaking sacks. Oh you all need to grow the heII up. Talking about I'm done, I'm through, Shanny this and that, bad play calling, calling my damm QB a choker. If you don't want to be a fan anymore then prove it! If not, wipe your azz, pull your pants back up, and raise the freaking shields as @Supes™would say! The off season just started.

In Brotherhood We Rise Up!!!

Exactly. No one expected us to be here, especially the naysayers and the "Goodbye fans". Does this loss sting, h@ll yes, but it's not the end of the world. We made it to the Super Bowl and stood toe to toe with the best, with a 2nd year head coach, 2nd year in a system, 3 rookies, a bunch of 2nd year players, Trufant out, Mack with a broken fibula and Jones needing surgery. 

Slappywhite likes this

3 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Because I am use to being a winner and I know that you come back and win. A failure is only a failure if you are defeated in the end. I learn from everything. I win! I believe this team will win.

You all want to mourn? Fine, there are 40 other threads saying what you want to hear!

The Falcons are not winners. There's only 1 winner each season and in 51 years it's never been the Falcons.