Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Knight of God

Man Whats Wrong With You All?

246 posts in this topic

People are upset because we blow the biggest lead ever in SB history and didn't even bother to play the second half.  We dominated the Pats the first half of the game, it should have been over but instead the Falcons once again fold under pressure and do what they have done for years now.

I always think great teams need to get really close to achieving their goals to build their drive for the rest of their careers. In this case, it went a little overboard, but we'll come back even hungrier next year.

dmite and Slappywhite like this

No this loss is different. If it was a tight game different story. To be up 25 and lose, I'm not going to get my heart broken anymore. Done.

BZundel likes this

My coworkers will give me **** tomorrow. As a Falcons fan living in Pittsburgh that's expected. But guess what? My team just played in The Super Bowl. In a season where they were picked to be last in he division. 

Slappywhite likes this

2 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Rise the heII up! We didn't lose to the Browns...we lost in OT to the freaking Patriots!!! Raise your heads! Rise Up!!!

I'd much rather lose to the Browns than the Patriots. I ****ing hate the Patriots more than I do the Saints because Tom Brady is the scum of the ****ing earth and deserves to die!!

2 minutes ago, Sipifalcon said:

This will hurt for years and its all on Quinn

Shanahan*

Run the ball instead of getting cute with passes. I guess he got his haymaker in on the fanbase as he's leaving.

enginerd likes this

1 minute ago, YungFalco said:

I agree with you 100% KOG but man gonna take a break from this sport, cause this Migraine is REAL RIGHT NOW :lol::lol::lol: .....ow

That's what the off season is for. There is no more football for almost a year!

6 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Dude! We played in a Superbowl none of us thought was even possible. I was expecting a deep run next year and Superbowl in 2019. Not this year!!! We are a great team! Not good, GREAT!!! I just had to explain to my daughter, this is the #2 team in the freaking LEAGUE!!! Not NFC South, not NFC, but the whole NFL!!! I am ashamed of the behavior. I meant it when I said, "In Brotherhood We Rise Up!" I meant it when I put on my Falcons golf shirt @JOEinPHX sent and I mean it now when I say, I don't understand this fanbase! My college team lost in the National Championship and immediately after I said, "We are still the best!" We lost this game in OT...isn't it the first? Against the freaking Patriots. Gave them heII and Jarrett got 3 freaking sacks.

Ryan, Shanahan, Freeman, the OL, DL, Quinn, TD, and everyone else got us here. We brutalized Brady. The son of my favorite FOOTBALL PLAYER of all time got 3 freaking sacks. Oh you all need to grow the heII up. Talking about I'm done, I'm through, Shanny this and that, bad play calling, calling my damm QB a choker. If you don't want to be a fan anymore then prove it! If not, wipe your azz, pull your pants back up, and raise the freaking shields as @Supes™would say! The off season just started.

In Brotherhood We Rise Up!!!

Exactly man.. Thank you for having some common sense in this whole thing. The real fans know whats up.

Everyone.. it happened.. we lost.. the SUPER BOWL. IN OVERTIME---THE FIRST TIME EVER THE SUPER BOWL GOES INTO OVERTIME. We took it down to the wire. Were there mistakes? Yes! Does it make us this horrible embarrassment of a team? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

30 other teams in the NFL. STAR PLAYERS.. would have given almost anything to be in a position we were in.

I think it hurts more because the Atlanta Falcons had that game won. Even at the biggest lead of the game I reminded myself it's the Atlanta Falcons. Tom Brady is on the other side. Would be the greatest football story ever told if he came back and won it. The curse continues. 

Losing the superbowl,  i can handle. Choking a 25pt lead. Naw thats a team with no pride in themselves.

This was a great year, as frustrating as it is right now, they'll be back next year, bigger, stronger, faster, deeper.

They'll  use this as motivation to get back and do it better next time. 

Slappywhite likes this

1 minute ago, dhayester said:

Exactly man.. Thank you for having some common sense in this whole thing. The real fans know whats up.

Everyone.. it happened.. we lost.. the SUPER BOWL. IN OVERTIME---THE FIRST TIME EVER THE SUPER BOWL GOES INTO OVERTIME. We took it down to the wire. Were there mistakes? Yes! Does it make us this horrible embarrassment of a team? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

30 other teams in the NFL. STAR PLAYERS.. would have given almost anything to be in a position we were in.

We will be back in the deep end of the playoffs next year! If we make it to the SB we will roll! They got a taste, now they will be hungry. They were hungry for a winning season and some playoffs...now they will want the whole meal!!!

Slappywhite and dhayester like this

1 minute ago, Knight of God said:

Enjoy the whinefest! You lost the Superbowl, not the first playoff game! I am freaking proud of this team. Ryan, Freeman, Jarrett. They played their butts off! They have my respect!

Sorry dude but I don't see how you can be happy about LOSING after being up 28-3. I don't care that they weren't suppose to be here to begin with. The fact is that they were and they were 15 minutes away from winning and BLEW IT!!! We're an even more laughing stock than we were before the game. It would have been better to lose without ever being up 28-3 because at least that wouldn't have made history for worst Super Bowl lost ever.

Just now, falconidae said:

This was a great year, as frustrating as it is right now, they'll be back next year, bigger, stronger, faster, deeper.

Nope. Chokes like that linger. Just ask Ray Finckle

chazbykr and slider like this

Just now, Knight of God said:

That's what the off season is for. There is no more football for almost a year!

Yea, big year ahead of me though with going into my senior year of College gonna root from the sideline mostly next season :(

All this is fine and all. Noting the progress the defense made is fine until you realize....

A lot of times, teams never return from something like this, at all. This is so bad, it's going to erase next season for sure. Forget it, next year this team is going to take a huge step back from all of the progress that was made.

chazbykr likes this

1 minute ago, falconidae said:

I'm not even frustrated! I didn't expect to be here. Not at all. This was like a free play on an offsides for me!

dhayester likes this

5 minutes ago, Bril01 said:

People are upset because we blow the biggest lead ever in SB history and didn't even bother to play the second half.  We dominated the Pats the first half of the game, it should have been over but instead the Falcons once again fold under pressure and do what they have done for years now.

Yeah it's embarrassing I'll never be able to live it down. I really feel bad for the old timers.