Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PHALCONABERNATHY

This loss takes a lot out of our fan base...

44 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Shnikies said:

Same Ole Falcons...

I'm so sorry. I thought about your Paw Paw when we loss. Give him a hug for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jesus said:

This ought to get rid of the bandwagon fans.

yep....but old school fans are wavering too.  this one hurts big time.  no way we should have lost this game. this was some ol Mike Smith BS here.  unbelieveable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i can remember the game with denver....being a falcon fan since i was 10....and waiting so long for the chance to get to a super bowl...and we did in 1998 and 19 years later we are here again

the first time was not close, this was close....like others have said....some of us are getting up some age...and was hoping we could see a Atlanta super bowl once in our life. So as im 55

and we are still at zero bowls....time moves on...New England fans dont really know how lucky they are to witness multiple wins in a super bowl in a lifetime. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Shnikies said:

We'll be in a shiny new stadium and have a down year. Players don't come back from a loss like this.

What do you mean "we"? I've spent thousands of dollars going to Falcons games... I won't be there next year and FWIW, I don't know why we needed a new stadium. I think it's just a jobs project... but the bang for the buck just isn't there. 

Im just sick after tonight. How on earth does any team lose with a lead like that. It is truly baffling to me.

e

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The freaking New Orleans Saints just took a shot at us on Twitter. I'm laughing uncontrollably this is unreal. My God this team finds multiple ways to **** the bed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

The momentum for ticket sales for PSL's has been deflated.

i think alot of things have been deflated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FalconMama said:

The freaking New Orleans Saints just took a shot at us on Twitter. I'm laughing uncontrollably this is unreal. My God this team finds multiple ways to **** the bed.

Those Aints fans are saying they feel even more elated about what happened than when they won their Super Bowl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, DirtyBirdNorth said:

This is a "PSL sales killing" loss.

That's the Truth. They said they were 75% sold out before the game, going to be lots of cancellations come next week.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Shnikies said:

We'll be in a shiny new stadium and have a down year. Players don't come back from a loss like this.

Gotta trade Ryan, get some picks and Julio too.  You can't live down this loss.  When you lose like this, you never regain your swagger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, bobo24 said:

i can remember the game with denver....being a falcon fan since i was 10....and waiting so long for the chance to get to a super bowl...and we did in 1998 and 19 years later we are here again

the first time was not close, this was close....like others have said....some of us are getting up some age...and was hoping we could see a Atlanta super bowl once in our life. So as im 55

and we are still at zero bowls....time moves on...New England fans dont really know how lucky they are to witness multiple wins in a super bowl in a lifetime. 

I'm 65... getting hard to trek down to the stadium. It's fun but just not worth it. We're the NFC champs but what's that? The AFC seems to win the Pro Bowl every year. What is it? Why should I spend thousands of dollars on this team? Two seats in 118 (my old section was 121), it's where the Falcons tunnel is... with "buying" the seats then the tickets, two seats would be over 7k with the seats then about $2400 a year after that... it's fun but it's not worth it anymore. It is stressful and hurtful. I'll always be a fan but I just may buy an Edelman jersey too because the guy is so good!

e

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will always be a fan. However, I will never be all in like I was this season. This loss was a dagger to my heart. If I feel this way, I can only imagine the way the players feel. They wii be lucky to go .500 next year. This was a epic piss down your leg meltdown of epic proportions. I'm saddened and speechless here at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Worst lost all Atlanta sports history.

It's the worst loss in the history of competition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel worst for very old fans or those fighting a major illness who know this may be their last chance to ever see the Falcons get this far

meanwhile Boston fans just go, 'meh, another title' and toss it on the pile.  No one ever said life is fair or that the good guys always win

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, red2play said:

Gotta trade Ryan, get some picks and Julio too.  You can't live down this loss.  When you lose like this, you never regain your swagger.

It's a bit like the loss against the 49ers... they weren't the same after that but at the same time, this team is loaded with young talent so there's still a great window for the next 5-6 years while Ryan is in his prime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites