Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PHALCONABERNATHY

This loss takes a lot out of our fan base...

44 posts in this topic

This is as low as ever for this franchise. The only thing that cures this is an actual SuperBowl win.

Even if we get back to the SB next season (odds extremely against that), we'll never feel good about it till the game ends with us leading. And then it will just be a feeling of relief just like when the Braves won the World Series in 1995.

2 minutes ago, Kevin.j.Waldron said:

Same ole Matt Ryan.

I cant fault Matt too much. There was no reason not to just run the ball and take the 3 points. The most bone headed decision I've eve seen, on the biggest stage, for the world to see. 

9 minutes ago, PHALCONABERNATHY said:

Mistakes all around. I put the loss on the offense more than anything but the defense was so gassed at the end. Football suddenly has a lot less luster after this loss. I'll always love the birds though but this one definitely stings worse than any loss ever.

The defense lost its edge a bit after the Reed injury. But, the main thing that happened is we let Brady get his groove back. We were still harassing him, he just grew more confident every time our offense backed itself out of "game over" range. All we had to do was run the ball on either drive. Instead we take sacks. Part of me thinks the aggressive nature we played with all season undid us in the end. I'm not nearly as despondent as I should be. I'm just wishing I was having a party about now. 

2 minutes ago, Kevin.j.Waldron said:

Guess you wasn't here in 1998. That one's suck even more.

I couldn't agree more. We showed up for this one. Ended brutally, but we had some fun for 3 quarters. 

IronHead34 likes this

We have absolutely no defense against any of the trolls now.

Nothing we can come back with to shut them up.

Only option is to put them on "ignore" list.

14 minutes ago, PHALCONABERNATHY said:

Mistakes all around. I put the loss on the offense more than anything but the defense was so gassed at the end. Football suddenly has a lot less luster after this loss. I'll always love the birds though but this one definitely stings worse than any loss ever.

Yep. All those 3 and outs by the offense in the 2nd half. Falcons defense was on the field for nearly the entire 2nd half.

I mean, I'm not going anywhere.  I've been a Falcons fan all my life, and that's not changing.  But, they just lost the Super Bowl in historic, legendary fashion, and it's pretty just the latest blow in six straight months of pain and disappointment for this guy.

PHALCONABERNATHY likes this

Good luck filling that stadium next year. Georgians are sick and tired of every team choking. And of course they'll wonder why the fans aren't lining up to root for choke-artists.