Admit it: Are you More likely to Cry if the Falcons Win? Or if they Lose?

Admit: Are You More Likely To Cry if The Falcons Win? Or if they Lose?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Are you more likely to cry if the Falcons:

• Win
    • Lose
    • Both but more if they Win
    • Both but more if they Lose

I'm 50 years old.  I have been a Falcon Fan since I moved to Atlanta in 1995.

I grew up in St. Louis.  The Cardinals broke my heart time after time then left for Arizona.

I never had the chance to watch my  team in the Super Bowl with my father.  And I have never had a chance to watch my team in the Super Bowl with two sons (oldest is 17.) UNTIL TODAY.

I know if we lose, I will be frustrated angry and depressed.  But I'm afraid that if we win, I might start balling like a baby . . .

i'm 57 and never really had a team until the Falcons went to the super bowl back in '98.It all started with an article in Maxim magazine's NFL preview which stated the Falcons would be dead last.I had a boss who had tickets he gave out but you had to have a team.I picked Atlanta and have been a faithful fan ever since.

I remember when Seattle lost to NE in the Super Bowl. I was watching it with my brother who is a Seahawks fan, and immediately after Bennett jumped offsides when NE was backed up to the goal line, he held his hat over his face and started crying. My friends and I brought it up every time he mentioned the Seahawks being better than any of our teams (Falcons or Eagles).

I also remember watching the Eagles lose to the Pats in SB XXXIX when I was 8 years old and crying because when you're a kid you root for the hometown team. Even though I ended up switching to the Falcons once I really started watching the game closely, I still know how much it stings to lose the Super Bowl.

I'd like to think that if our guys lose I would avoid tears, just because I'd get ripped on my by roommates for the next year, but in the moment, I'll probably shed a tear or two. 

With all that being said, if they win tonight,  I might do a f*cking cartwheel on Broad Street.

22 minutes ago, holymoses said:

I'm 50 years old.  I have been a Falcon Fan since I moved to Atlanta in 1995.

I grew up in St. Louis.  The Cardinals broke my heart time after time then left for Arizona.

I never had the chance to watch my  team in the Super Bowl with my father.  And I have never had a chance to watch my team in the Super Bowl with two sons (oldest is 17.) UNTIL TODAY.

I know if we lose, I will be frustrated angry and depressed.  But I'm afraid that if we win, I might start balling like a baby . . .

Like you I am also 50. Became a fan in 1979 at age 13. It has been a long road. Super Bowl 33 was a terrible experience for me, I am hoping this game turns out different.

12 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

No crying if we lose, the Falcons are ahead of the time that I had Quinn getting them there. Maybe a little sadness or depression. If we win I am probably going to go through a variety of emotions.  

Im with you.  I thought next year would be our year.  I feel like were playing with house money.  Ive been a fanatic of this team since 1972.  Im not really sure what I'll feel if we win, but I do know it will be glorious.   If we lose a little depression but a lot of hope for the future. 

Nothing to Admit...Growing up in Ben Hill, I have been a fan since 1977, had my mom leave this earth(taught me everything about being a Falcon Fan) back in 2001, Saw my Dad leave here in 2010 after a long fight(also a solid fan). Not being able to enjoy this run with them.

Just knowing all that alone for me, I am pretty sure I will be VERY emotional for this one.

Edited by Ezekiel 25:17

If we win I'll cry like a baby. If we lose I'll be back to: "Why did I let this team fool me?" 

I see about a 1.45994% chance of that outcome. Despite what the know-it-all s are telling you, we have margin for error. We don't have to be perfect. We just have to avoid a plague of self-inflicted wounds that keep us in 3rd and long or extend their drives. Early in the year dead ball fouls and holding away from the play killed key drives. We just have to avoid an excessive amount of that kind of stuff. 

Would have tears if they win. Been a fan since 1977. Been so close in playoffs for many years and so many heart breaks. Actually thought they had a chance in '98. Missed most of that game because of work. Think this team is actually prepared and more talented than that team but injury to Mack has me worried.

In 98 I cried tears of joy when we beat the Vikes, and then I cried in disgust

at our dumbasshoodrat dirty birds for acting like fools all week and were in no condition  to play football against the Donks.

I have no tears today, either way, but does not change the love that I have for our team.