Once Again....Chris Berman

Jesus

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone's talking about the Patriots slow start,about no points in the first quarter.I hope this trend continues,it'll be apparent by the second if this continues because we will be off to a great start.I say we score on our first possession as usual and stop Brady at least twice in the first half.

3 hours ago, vel said:

The rationale for picking NE is just like how it was when people were picking GB. It's not about the teams or the match ups, it's just about Brady and Belichick. Just like it was just about Rodgers. 

Most people, especially ones that don't have time to watch all 32 teams games, will lean towards the safe option, then get surprised when it doesn't work out. That's why it's specific people they are picking and not the team. Notice when people have picked Atlanta throughout the postseason, they speak on our team and what we can do, while most that pick NE only pick the usual two. 

+1. EXACTLY

I may have biased tendencies...sure....but all these analysts don't seem to see...or even understand... the NE weak schedule...common opponents comparison...and Falcon defensive upshot...that I(we) do.  They are just putting it in cruise control and relying on all the Patriots past success and all of the Falcon's past failures...to conjure up there predictions.

And that is why they play the game! 

I know most people here don't like what Berman had to say, and ESPN is in New England, but...

He has a good point

"Cinderella Teams" don't fare well in Superbowls against establsihed winners...They don't.

(Especiallly teams from smaller markets.)

PLaybooks start disappearing.. Drones are flown over practices.. a Center is hurt...

Tom Brady is rarely pressured in big games... Holding is rarely called against The Pats O-Line....if ever...

And his WRs and TEs are open, and they become stars there...

If This happens today, and the refs allow Julio to be roughed-up, and Brady isn't touched by The Falcons' D-Line, it could be a long afternoon..and offseason.

Youth: Bennett could exploit it at WOLB and SS...

3 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

If we score 45 points or more, we will become the highest scoring team in history in a season (including playoffs). 

We could do it but it means we would have to stop Patriots ball control offense by forcing several punts.

we can do that we get interior pass rush pressure on Brady while successfully pressing their WRs ( especially slot)  those freaking illegal picks thehy use to keep CBS off their receivers are highly effective but we have good personnel to counter that

18 minutes ago, Rise said:

I know most people here don't like what Berman had to say, and ESPN is in New England, but...

He has a good point

"Cinderella Teams" don't fare well in Superbowls against establsihed winners...They don't.

(Especiallly teams from smaller markets.)

PLaybooks start disappearing.. Drones are flown over practices.. a Center is hurt...

Tom Brady is rarely pressured in big games... Holding is rarely called against The Pats O-Line....if ever...

And his WRs and TEs are open, and they become stars there...

If This happens today, and the refs allow Julio to be roughed-up, and Brady isn't touched by The Falcons' D-Line, it could be a long afternoon..and offseason.

Youth: Bennett could exploit it at WOLB and SS...

I don't believe the Falcons are a Cinderella team. They are the BETTER team however. 

11 minutes ago, gazoo said:

We could do it but it means we would have to stop Patriots ball control offense by forcing several punts.

we can do that we get interior pass rush pressure on Brady while successfully pressing their WRs ( especially slot)  those freaking illegal picks thehy use to keep CBS off their receivers are highly effective but we have good personnel to counter that

HeII, I'll go for a couple of pick sixes and some strip sack fumbles today too! 

3 minutes ago, falconfansince66 said:

Maybe if Hags busts through there throwing about three blockers aside, Brady will just hand him the ball! 

Yep, Hageman could be Brady's worst nightmare today. Hageman will play across from a rookie LG who has struggled against more powerful DTs. He was overwhelmed against the Texans. 

And if thy want to double Hageman that's fine, Jarrett will get though.

Dilfer: Eh....er......?  NOt sure about him. ESPN is in New England He doesn't want to take a big public risk..

Berman had a good analysis at least..

Berman: Again, ESPN is in New England....

Won't make a diference on the game.

Soon. There will be a time when The Falcons will be favored for everything.. nearly. They have to win today, or their next trip to The Superbowl.

If the game is called fairly today, they should win. Brady does not run...

That was a good Packer O-Line--that The Falcons D-Line overcame...(I saw one report that said they were "the best O-Line in the NFL") "Experts" were saying that it did not mater that The Packers had injuries to WR Jordy Nelson. The Packers were going to win "big".

The refs did not favor The Packers, and called it even.

1 hour ago, Rise said:

Dilfer: Eh....er......?  NOt sure about him. ESPN is in New England He doesn't want to take a big public risk..

Berman had a good analysis at least..

Berman: Again, ESPN is in New England....

How did all the guys on that show pick? Anybody pick the Falcons?