MACK2THEFUTURE

On Now! Falcons on SNL

28 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, shc said:

Michael Che picked the Falcons. Said he wanted to see the blackest city in America beat the most racist city he has ever been to 

That's funny. I've always wondered about that too, my pops (black) told me that he always hated the Cetics because they discriminated against black players back in the day. And then my good friend (white) is from up there and she says some of the most ignorant ish ever about race, which is crazy since she dates a black dude. I've always been interested to know how a northern city can be racist you know, it's weird.

Edited by LightningDawg58
gradybaby33 and MACK2THEFUTURE like this

6 minutes ago, LightningDawg58 said:

That's funny. I've always wondered about that too, my pops (black) told me that he always hated the Cetics because they discriminated against black players back in the day. And then my good friend (white) is from up there and she says some of the most ignorant ish ever about race, which is crazy since she dates a black dude. I've always been interested to know how a northern city can be racist you know, it's weird.

You're surprised there's racism in northern cities?  It doesn't excuse the deplorable actions of the south, but there's been horrible **** all over forever.

boston in particular is notorious, but they're not alone.

Jailbreak Blitz likes this

2 minutes ago, atl falcon 89 said:

I only watched the opening  skit. Then Kristen Stewart came on with her gawd awful monologue and I flipped to UFC. If some has a video of the falcon stuff tho that'd be awesome 

Dang it, forgot the UFC came on tonight. I love MMA.

Dana White, good guy. The card must have been forgettable! How did Lagrassa do? The Females on the main card.

10 minutes ago, LightningDawg58 said:

It starts by removing from yourself the stigma that the only the south is racist, or more specifically that the north is not.

Racism is racism. It's a long perpetuated myth that it's limited to one area, or that the north was somehow removed of it.

papachaz, quickzero, g-dawg and 2 others like this

7 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Racism is racism. It's a long perpetuated myth that it's limited to one area, or that the north was somehow removed of it.

Worldwide problem folks. Right? We do our parts - Rise Up together. Thank you Sports! Go Falcons!!

1 hour ago, PATSMAG41776 said:

Dang it, forgot the UFC came on tonight. I love MMA.

Dana White, good guy. The card must have been forgettable! How did Lagrassa do? The Females on the main card.

LOT of finishes, but some were meh submissions, and main event was a quick tap tap knockout. Fight of the night had to be the 2nd to last female fight tho, it was something.

Dana can kick rocks in his pats gear <_<

Crazy Trav and MACK2THEFUTURE like this

1 minute ago, atl falcon 89 said:

LOT of finishes, but some were meh submissions, and main event was a quick tap tap knockout. Fight of the night had to be the 2nd to last female fight tho, it was sonething.

Dana can kick rocks in his pats gear <_<

Thanks- Hey, Just checked! UFC 208 Next with Holm for 145, Silva, (Souza, Lentz, & McCall)
Will definitely Watch that one!

1 hour ago, LightningDawg58 said:

I disagree with that assessment because the first black superstar and coach Bill Russell played for the Celtic. Although in the 80s they had probably more white stars starting than most teams. (bird, mchale and ainge) They had a black coach in kc jones. It really was all perception.

2 hours ago, shc said:

Michael Che picked the Falcons. Said he wanted to see the blackest city in America beat the most racist city he has ever been to 

Probably one of the most accurate assessments this Super Bowl season.

29 minutes ago, me4falcons said:

I disagree with that assessment because the first black superstar and coach Bill Russell played for the Celtic. Although in the 80s they had probably more white stars starting than most teams. (bird, mchale and ainge) They had a black coach in kc jones. It really was all perception.

Boston is a very racist town. I have family there. They do embrace their star black athletes but it ain't all roses for them either. Bill Russell went thru a lot then too. He was just very diplomatic about it and winning as many championships as he did the city embraced him. Entertainers and athletes are treated slightly different but there was still messed up things that used to happen to them like not sleeping in the same part of the hotel with their white teammates. 

I live in the Northeast, and yes it is plenty racist here too. It goes both ways as well unfortunately. Must be human nature or something.

**** has gotten old, that much we should all agree on!

4 hours ago, LightningDawg58 said:

They was on 92.9 The Game back a couple weeks ago talking about how racist Boston is.  There was a white guy who called in and said Boston fans are like that.  They was even talking about how Boston fans called David Price, their OWN pitcher, the n word...

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/david-price-says-he-heard-racist-taunts-from-red-sox-fans-at-fenway-park-in-2016/

By the middle of the season, Price said, some fans at Fenway Park heaped abuse on him when he warmed up in the bullpen before starts.

"It got pretty rough," he said. "If you don't like it, pitch better. That's all it is. Mike Brenly, our bullpen catcher, he stood up for me multiple times. The Fenway guards, too, [and] the bullpen cop."

Some of the taunts were racial in nature.

Edited by slickgadawg
QuinnTorris and quickzero like this

6 hours ago, shc said:

That's a great way to put things lol. Boston is terrible. 

6 hours ago, LightningDawg58 said:

They migrated to the south. The war was over the economy. Neither side cared about black people.

Musikron likes this

7 hours ago, shc said:

lol

8 hours ago, shc said:

So true. I'm glad a stayed here. Had a job offer in Boston but after dealing with some racist locals I decided to stay here. 

slickgadawg and MACK2THEFUTURE like this

8 hours ago, shc said:

Reminiscent of Keegan's skit on the awards show last night "Atlanta has fans like Usher, Ludicris and Samuel L Jackson, NE has fan that would lock their doors when they see Usher, Ludicris and Samuel L Jackson walking up'

but yes, racism is everywhere, worse in some places than others, but it's sad that in this day and time it seems to be worse than ever

Faithful Falcon likes this

46 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

So true. I'm glad a stayed here. Had a job offer in Boston but after dealing with some racist locals I decided to stay here. 

dont let marky mark and them fool yah...:lol:

Image result for marky mark donnie wahlberg