Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pa_falcon_fan

Home Field advantage in Houston?

23 posts in this topic

I'm listening to NFL Radio on Sirius XM right now and they're talking about the potential for the Super Bowl crowd to be a home-field crowd for the Falcons.  They referenced how the crowd in the Broncos Seahawks game from a few years ago was tremendously one-sided toward the Seahawks and they are wondering if this won't be the same thing.  They said it seems like 75% of the people down there for the game or anti Patriot.

I think that would be absolutely incredible to see if it happens.  Dome field advantage in Houston. Rise up!

I feel like people have had enough of the Patriots and their "winning" even though they admitted to cheating by filming practices for OVER 40 GAMES. That's the equivalent of 2 super bowl runs. Even if the people at the game aren't Falcon fans, they will be cheering against the Patriots. 

And before he Patriot fans trolling around these boards try and make the argument that Atlanta cheated too by pumping in fake crowd noise, that's a terrible comparison. Atlanta won 10 games in the two seasons they did that, not multiple super bowls. And fake crowd noise is a far cry from FILMING PRACTICES. But of course the Patriots nut hugging bandwagoners simply won't be able to comprehend that fact.

You do know that 'spygate' was about a rule that was changed in the offseason prior to 2015?

The Pats were penalized because BB was an arrogant prick and paid the price for it not because of all the data they got from taping from the sidelines instead of above the field.

56 minutes ago, clownorg said:

Well the World pretty much hates Bellicheat and the Cheatriots so outside they dump they call home, Pretty sure the rest of the World is with US

Well.. you have to include that little He!! Hole in the Bayou with that dump.

Pretty sure they are hating this week! 

YungFalco and ratesforless like this

You forget that the Patriots feed off the hate.  

While nobody wants to have to play them in Foxboro in January, they were 6--2 at Home this year and 8--0 on the Road,

So this is my biggest question. Since we are technically the home team, does that mean when we are on defense that we get the "Get Loud 3rd Down" and "Make some Noise" slogans on the panel boards and tv's in NRG?

52 minutes ago, NYCFan said:

You forget that the Patriots feed off the hate.  

While nobody wants to have to play them in Foxboro in January, they were 6--2 at Home this year and 8--0 on the Road,

Technically they were feeding off the bottom, not the hate.

SyCo, PokerSteve, YungFalco and 2 others like this

1 hour ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Well.. you have to include that little He!! Hole in the Bayou with that dump.

Pretty sure they are hating this week! 

Talked to a few Aints this week who are pulling for us. 

I hope somebody down there can work some roots, stickpins and voodoo for us. 

Sometimes it takes some magic to win this game.

It's been a magical season.

I would love to pull out a classic Aint game that's all over the place to get our first Lombardi.

We need to throw at least one Big Ben.

putnam6 and Tim Mazetti like this

9 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Talked to a few Aints this week who are pulling for us. 

I hope somebody down there can work some roots, stickpins and voodoo for us. 

Sometimes it takes some magic to win this game.

It's been a magical season.

I would love to pull out a classic Aint game that's all over the place to get our first Lombardi.

We need to throw at least one Big Ben.

Well the Taints fans I have spoken to will say they are cheering for us but give a backhanded slight at the same time like, it's time for you guys to win with the league being rigged that way since we came out of "no where".

I think that pretty much anyone who can correctly pronounce the letter "R" is pulling for the Falcons this week. 

That being said, The Super Bowl is just not that kind of environment. The majority of people there are rich corporate types schmoozing with other rich corporate types. It's not like Brady is going to have to go to the silent count at any point. 

2 hours ago, tailgater said:

You do know that 'spygate' was about a rule that was changed in the offseason prior to 2015?

The Pats were penalized because BB was an arrogant prick and paid the price for it not because of all the data they got from taping from the sidelines instead of above the field.

I lived in the Charlotte area for 7 years. I remember Mike Rucker on the radio saying that the Pats O-line was calling out the CAR pressure packages at the line in the 2003 SB and there was no way they could have known what was coming. Now we all know. They cheated. Period. 

10 minutes ago, Hooper72 said:

I lived in the Charlotte area for 7 years. I remember Mike Rucker on the radio saying that the Pats O-line was calling out the CAR pressure packages at the line in the 2003 SB and there was no way they could have known what was coming. Now we all know. They cheated. Period. 

Yep. Belicheat.

A team could know those from watching the network tv games, never mind the 'all 22' tapes. Just another example of weak coaching - not changing your signals game to game.

I've been wearing my falcons gear every day this week here in the DC area and I'm getting tons of "Go Falcons" ect from people....preeeeetyyy sureeee they aren't Falcons fans as much as they are Pats haters...lol but hey I'll take it

The field surface is in Atlanta's favor, too. Plus if there is a threat of rain the stadium is supposed to be closed. PM rain is 50% chance right now clearing up some time around the game.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/turf-nation-proud-to-manufacture-playing-surface--for-super-bowl-li-300390776.html

That means it should be a closed dome on a surface like Atlanta is used to. Advantage goes to the faster team. ATL WIN boys.