Unkn0wn

Braves Spring Training

400 posts in this topic

Snitker said the final decisions will be made Saturday. Everyone will get to play in SunTrust on Friday. Also gives the Braves a chance to watch what happens with other bench guys around the league. They're still looking at who becomes available. 

Braves officially announced the signing of David Hernandez. It's a minor league deal. He gets 1 week to show he can be better than Roe.

Braves have informed Bonifacio and EOF they've made the team. Paco was released leaving Kevin Chapman in good position to grab a spot. Bowman said the Braves just weren't that impressed with Paco. He added even when the trade happened some Dodgers officials were shocked the Braves were willing to take a chance on Paco's elbow.

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Phillies just released Chris Coghlan. Braves could take a look for that 5th bench bat.

The only issue, like so many, is that Coghlan hits lefty. Braves desperately need a right-handed hitting bat for the bench.

3 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Braves have informed Bonifacio and EOF they've made the team. Paco was released leaving Kevin Chapman in good position to grab a spot. Bowman said the Braves just weren't that impressed with Paco. He added even when the trade happened some Dodgers officials were shocked the Braves were willing to take a chance on Paco's elbow.

So now the Braves officially have nothing to show for dealing Alex Wood? Great, just great!! One of the worst trades ever!!

Only on the Braves can you have a terrible spring (Emilio Bonfacio) and still make the opening day roster as a bench bat.

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

So now the Braves officially have nothing to show for dealing Alex Wood? Great, just great!! One of the worst trades ever!!

The got a draft pick that turned into Joey Wentz in that trade. But yeah, it was a terrible trade.

Just now, K26dp said:

The got a draft pick that turned into Joey Wentz in that trade. But yeah, it was a terrible trade.

Well at least we've got Joey Wentz out of it.

I didn't watch this broadcast but Chip and Joe make a pretty mind boggling mistake. They both seem to think the Tigers Jacoby Jones is the same as the NFL WR. Chip even talks about his "interesting story" and compares it to Tim Tebow. You'll see in the link they spent a good two minutes talking about his story. Chip has a history of not being accurate. He actually lost his job as lead play by play man for the TBS playoff games because he made so many mistakes.

I didn't watch this broadcast but Chip and Joe make a pretty mind boggling mistake. They both seem to think the Tigers Jacoby Jones is the same as the NFL WR. Chip even talks about his "interesting story" and compares it to Tim Tebow. You'll see in the link they spent a good two minutes talking about his story. Chip has a history of not being accurate. He actually lost his job as lead play by play man for the TBS playoff games because he made so many mistakes.

That was absolutely horrendous!!

I miss Sciambi being the play by play guy. I'm sure Chip will be here till he retires because of his dad unfortunately. I'd love to see Jim Powell and Don Sutton brought over to the TV side.

Falconsfan567 and dmite like this

12 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

I miss Sciambi being the play by play guy. I'm sure Chip will be here till he retires because of his dad unfortunately. I'd love to see Jim Powell and Don Sutton brought over to the TV side.

Sciambi was awesome and he actually made Joe bearable. I love Powell and Sutton but if you move them to TV then you take away from their terrific radio work.

Tomorrow is the Grapefruit League finale! The final game will be started by Collmenter. He's expected to be the long RP and this will give him a chance to get extra work in. Of course the exhibition finale is the big one on Friday from SunTrust. Bartolo will start the game at SunTrust.

6 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Tomorrow is the Grapefruit League finale! The final game will be started by Collmenter. He's expected to be the long RP and this will give him a chance to get extra work in. Of course the exhibition finale is the big one on Friday from SunTrust. Bartolo will start the game at SunTrust.

I guess that makes sense since Colon is scheduled to pitch game 2 of the season next Wednesday and that's 5 days from Friday.

Braves still not sure about 7 or 8 man pen. They're waiting to see who gets cut this week to determine if they want to sign any of them.

Spring Training is complete. Today's game ended in a 2-2 tie.

Collmenter 5 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 5 K

Roe had 2 no hit innings but walked 2. Hernandez didn't impress yesterday so Roe might still be in good position.

Now just the SunTrust exhibition on Friday and then we can get down to business.

Have you folks seen Schiambi yet this season? He looks like he gained 50 pounds. I'm legit worried about him.

19 minutes ago, jidady said:

Have you folks seen Schiambi yet this season? He looks like he gained 50 pounds. I'm legit worried about him.

Yeah he's gained quite a bit of weight.

At least for now the feeling is it'll be a hitters park. The ball is apparently jumping for everyone.

At least for now the feeling is it'll be a hitters park. The ball is apparently jumping for everyone.

I don't remember where I heard this, but I once heard it said about one of the previous stadiums that the way the ball traveled changed 3 or 4 years after the stadium was built. Something to do with the steel and ground settling or something like that. But I can't remember if the stadium became more of a hitter's or pitcher's park.