Hope for the Falcons: The Patriots’ No. 1 defense isn’t really No. 1

fuego

The Patriots DEF is so great, playing such a hard schedule.  They shut down all pro qbs in Dalton, Tyrod, Tannihill, Fitzmagic, etc.  The best qb you faced, R Wilson, and he scorched your DEF.  It is also worth noting that SEA offense is jack **** compared to the Falcons historic offense. 

If the Falcons can shut down D Brees (2x) and A Rodgers (2x), then I'll take my chances on the scrub Brady.  Obviously Brady is a system qb, as the Pats went 3-1 without him.  Brady is too slow and fragile to avoid those monster hits we gonna deliver on him. 

So if the Falcons drop 35 + points on your #1 DEF in the history of defenses, what is going to be your excuse?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Gimmeshelter69rs said:

Your defense is not good, if they where they would not have allowed 36 passing td in 18 games, thats horrendous. You would not havr lost to philly or san diego. So in those games was it the garbage time points and yards that got you, what the pats offense is gonna do to them. Lol, pats will score all night.

What your offense did against green bay was not impressive, they where one demantional, they had no running game.  They had the worst worst worst defense in the nfl. 

I get you guys run your mouth because this is your one chance, you wont be back

We won't be back?   Uhm - this is our forum.   If anyone is disappearing, pal - it'll be guys like you.

Our guys don't play to impress you - so don't gaf what you thought of them.    

I'll tell you like I told everybody who told me how bad we were and how we were going to lose against Seattle - We'll See

I'll tell you like I told everybody who told me - yeah you beat Seattle - too bad your team is going to lose against Rodgers - We'll See

I'll tell you when you tell me the Pats score all night and how horrible we are - We'll see.

The game is played on the field - and I'll be there to cheer them on!     Come by and say hello after the game - as for your mood then?    We'll See

RISE UP in BROTHERHOOD!

GO FALCONS!

3 hours ago, Gimmeshelter69rs said:

Brady will shred the weak defense  apart, their is nothing they can do to stop him or slow him down. The patriots offense is just as good as atlantas, minus we dont have julio jones. But we have better qb, better line, great running attack with not one, but two explosive pass catching running backs. 

Any thing you throw at brady he will already have seen, you should spend this week talking about your defense vs the offense. And you dont have the defensive front that can effect brady, 

The dirty birds 17

the greatest franchise 42

Man that sounds familiar. Where did I hear that before. Maybe when we played Russell Wilson. Or maybe when we played Aaron Rodgers. 

You name and past victories won't help Sunday. Talk all you want, your team is out gunned and will be out matched on the field. Just make sure you come back and eat crow. But if youre like the Seahawks fans and Packers fans before you, we will have seen the last of you after the red, black and white confetti falls & youre left in a state of shock after the Falcons "weak" defense shuts Brady down.

Your defense is not good, if they where they would not have allowed 36 passing td in 18 games, thats horrendous. You would not havr lost to philly or san diego. So in those games was it the garbage time points and yards that got you, what the pats offense is gonna do to them. Lol, pats will score all night.

What your offense did against green bay was not impressive, they where one demantional, they had no running game.  They had the worst worst worst defense in the nfl. 

I get you guys run your mouth because this is your one chance, you wont be back

Ryan is going to go in dry on the PATS. I hope to see you back next Sunday, although I don't expect it.

Brady will shred the weak defense  apart, their is nothing they can do to stop him or slow him down. The patriots offense is just as good as atlantas, minus we dont have julio jones. But we have better qb, better line, great running attack with not one, but two explosive pass catching running backs. 

Any thing you throw at brady he will already have seen, you should spend this week talking about your defense vs the offense. And you dont have the defensive front that can effect brady, 

The dirty birds 17

NE never won a bowl by more than 3-4 points but this is the year they win a blowout? Suuuuuuure buddy lol

7 hours ago, Internetallstar said:

I think these stat based assessments are not getting anymore helpful.

The game isn't played on paper. No stat is going to matter once kickoff gets here. 

The funny thing is the majority of these articles are the same information packaged differently.  Don't get me wrong, I still read them mainly because as a Falcon's fan it isn't every day one gets half this much coverage.

4 hours ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Man, you're in here talking **** but you can't even spell.You're one of those kids who don't pay attention in class and say "well, Steve Jobs is successful and didn't need an education"

Listen to me. Go back to your high school. Apologize to your English teachers. Apologize to all of them. Apologize for not paying attention. Apologize to them for sitting through class every day and still not learning how to use the English language. Apologize to them for not learning to separate your words with a space. Apologize to them for being illiterate and being a terrible representation of the Boston school system. 

And then look in the mirror, and realize you're online -- talking sh*t to a bunch of strangers over a football game that has nothing to do with you. And then apologize to your mother for have birthing a waste of oxygen like yourself.

Well we know he sucks at reading comprehension,sooooo.....

The dirty birds 17

Point made earlier...LOL @ atlantas and jones. 

Your in for a rude awakening,  you are failing to mention a factor that the falcons can never account for and ill let you figure that out. Again your d is pure trash, they will not stop brady, you will be on suicide watch and I will torment you for a whole year. 

That trash defense held Aaron Rodgers (Arod>Brady) to 0 points until midway through the 3rd quarter. 

19 minutes ago, FalconsFanNW said:

Well hold on now... if you add up the QBR of Landry Jones, Bryce Petty and Trevor Semian they might equal Ryan's.

That's a bit of an exaggeration.

QBR:

Bryce Petty 19.8

Landry Jones 49.8

Trevor Siemian 54.4

Total of the 3 = 124.0

QBR:

Matt Ryan - Regular Season 83.1      Post Season 95.2

Tom Brady - Regular Season  82.8    Post Season 77.4

5 hours ago, Gimmeshelter69rs said:

The dirty birds 17

If I were you I would not get my hopes up for the outcome you have posted here. I am going to call you out after the game. The Pats do not have a running game that will keep the Falcons offense off the field. So the Falcons will put up more than 17 points. You have nothing to base your score prediction on other than what you think of your team. Please tell me how the Pats defense will stop: Gabriel, Sanu, Coleman, Hooper, Freeman and Julio. All have great hands and most can take it to the house if one player makes a mistake trying to bring them down. I just don't see the Falcons punting much in this game. The matchups the Pats defense have to face will not be as easy as you think. Now the Falcons defense may not be the best. They have grown up in the past 8 weeks and this will be a big test for them on a big stage. Just make no mistake this Falcons team is good, no check that they are VERY GOOD!! The scary thing is the Falcons are getting BETTER every week. They will also have a big CHIP on their shoulders. I do understand the Pats also have an Axe to grind. Just keep on thinking as you do no need to reply back.

This is shaping up to be a good Super Bowl!!

Edited by high impact

1 hour ago, Tandy said:

That's a bit of an exaggeration.

QBR:

Bryce Petty 19.8

Landry Jones 49.8

Trevor Siemian 54.4

Total of the 3 = 124.0

QBR:

Matt Ryan - Regular Season 83.1      Post Season 95.2

Tom Brady - Regular Season  82.8    Post Season 77.4

I was being sarcastic... and I was talking about Ryan's 117.1 rating.

Point being NE hasn't faced anything even close to a QB of Ryan's caliber this season.

1 hour ago, FalconsFanNW said:

I was being sarcastic... and I was talking about Ryan's 117.1 rating.

Point being NE hasn't faced anything even close to a QB of Ryan's caliber this season.

LOL, I know - I was actually pointing out the discrepancy of those QBRs in my answer.    Maybe I shoulda put some purple in the total?

14 minutes ago, Godsmith said:

I just love your post, it's fantastic, the arrogance, the lack of understanding of just exactly who the Falcons will be facing next Sunday, it's beautiful in it's own way. The only thing that makes me sad is that I won't actually be able to watch the expression on your face as the game unfolds and your panic and shock build, until the bubble of realization finally pops. I don't think I'll find you on this site come Monday morning, call it a hunch.

I think we know who won't be back Monday mister 3 posts.

6 minutes ago, Godsmith said:

I just love your post, it's fantastic, the arrogance, the lack of understanding of just exactly who the Falcons will be facing next Sunday, it's beautiful in it's own way. The only thing that makes me sad is that I won't actually be able to watch the expression on your face as the game unfolds and your panic and shock build, until the bubble of realization finally pops. I don't think I'll find you on this site come Monday morning, call it a hunch.

Its so nice to see you loved my post. Funny you did not even give me a like. No need to feel sad, my face may show panic and shock. As the Falcons have done that to me a lot this year with the points they have put up on these so called top defensive teams. Yes they have stumbled in a few games. That's ok they had a lot of new players and plays that needed some work. This Sunday will change some peoples way of viewing the Falcons. The reason I won't be here Monday morning is because I will still be out having a good time with other Falcons fans!!! I may just stop in to say hi though. Keep it touch now. 

30 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Pats number 1 defense may not look as impressive with offenses they faced, but I wouldn't overlook BB on any given Sunday, that too SB. 

You know, the Pats and Brady and Bill Belichick have been the best. I am not overlooking any part of that team. 

Now if some jokers are going to come on OUR board and try and talk trash about OUR team. Then who, is going to just let them? 

I was willing to keep my mouth shut. The Falcons will be doing the talking come Sunday.

I keep hearing this little voice that keeps saying not in our house not now not ever. So they need to pay the price.

This is no discount double check in here they can go post in Green Bays page for that. 

This board is for the ATLANTA FALCONS and their fans. This is OUR TEAM our board! We have been put down pushed around and even laughed at. They keep coming back over and over. Now come this SUNDAY! We will all sit back and watch as OUR Falcons play in the biggest game of the year. I am going to pull for them as hard as I can to go in and come out as Champions!!