Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unintentional Grounding

2017 NFL Draft Prospects Falcons have shown interest in.

349 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, HEIST said:

Seems like a slow year for these meetings though

Just not very good investigative journalism going on.  Glad that we are talking to Wormley.  Really thought about putting him in a mock as the 2nd round or in a trade down from the 1st.  He is a guy that can do the dirty work at DT, set the edge as an end (remember how Seattle used Red Bryant as a big run defending end in the base), and even play nickel DT.

12 hours ago, Unintentional Grounding said:

Added 2 -

Dalvin Tomlinson – Alabama

Chris Wormley - Michigan

Updated - 0

Page edit - 0

Two very interesting and good fitting DTs. Both projected in rounds 2-3. Of course, with DTs, you never know where they end up

Just now, Unintentional Grounding said:

@MSalmon I have only one graph on the two of them. Dalvin is the better of the 2.

That jives with my tape watching. I saw a comparison of Dalvin to Dan Williams and I get that. He's a thick immovable force. I'm guessing that big old fellow would play NT primarily for us; or maybe like TJax (his replacement?) at rush end. I like Dalvin

4 hours ago, MSalmon said:

Two very interesting and good fitting DTs. Both projected in rounds 2-3. Of course, with DTs, you never know where they end up

honestly with all the talent at other positions either one before the 3rd would be a reach right now. 

5 hours ago, Romfal said:

honestly with all the talent at other positions either one before the 3rd would be a reach right now. 

yeah, I think that's a real possibility. I could see us waiting on DT to 4th or fifth--or gasp! 7th or even don't draft one. DTs are decent but not great.

I see the DBs, TEs and EDGE as the deepest and most talented groups. RBs look pretty good, as well.

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 1:26 PM, hjerry said:

This tweet isn't saying that we've spoken with Terrell, only Nickerson.

It's 3 seperate sentences in one run on

Separate.

1 hour ago, Jerry Maguire said:

Add Obi Melifonwu to that list.

That's no big surprise. He fits the Quinn mold of big, fast and athletic. I have to admit that would be a formidable Safety duo with Keanu and Obi.

Where's all that talk of we love Rico so much we'd never draft a FS early, now?

James Bond 007 likes this

10 hours ago, Unintentional Grounding said:

Obi Melifonwu - Dash is 98

OB.thumb.png.7297bbdb0eb2901a8f68f65b983cc5a2.png

Eric Berry

Berry.thumb.png.b173279009fcb31ad92884aa00e64dda.png

If we draft Obi and anyone complains, they literally should be covered in chocolate syrup and put in a fire ant bed.

That dude is simply badazz

Jamaal Williams is an interesting prospect. Hard nosed back with soft hands and good explosion. He'd be nice in our scheme 

he likes to inflict punishment 

A-TowN.- likes this

21 hours ago, Romfal said:

is it me or do we have a lot less reports than years past 

Definitely less.  This is going to make Draftnut's game way more interesting, if we don't get more solid reports before draft week.

I'm legitimately shocked at how few edge rushers we're looking at. Like I thought that was our biggest need and our FO might be legitimately looking at drafting another off-ball LB or two this year based on the meetings we're having.

James Bond 007 likes this

11 hours ago, Kayoh said:

I'm legitimately shocked at how few edge rushers we're looking at. Like I thought that was our biggest need and our FO might be legitimately looking at drafting another off-ball LB or two this year based on the meetings we're having.

This is only what's been reported, not what we've done.

There's no way we draft Kevin King unless we plan on trading one of our top 3 CBs.

The other three guys are all in play I guess, but I don't want Joe Mathis. He might test well but he's really small and might need to make the transition to off-ball LB in the NFL.

Baker has me curious, but honestly our FO seems to be in love with Ricardo Allen so I don't know if they're even looking at FS prospects.

Qualls makes sense.

38 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Sydney Jones tore his achilles at the Washington pro day today

oof. That's horrible. Poor dude.