Rich Eisen - "The patriots haven't played anyone this year"

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Shhhh!!!! Now Rich you HUSH with that!!! 

They don't need to know all that! Let them sleep on us!

LOL....its too late now! They can study all the film they want. I think it'll be close early / first half. Then we'll pull away from them in the 2nd half!

Just now, dynobot77 said:

LOL....its too late now! They can study all the film they want. I think it'll be close early / first half. Then we'll pull away from them in the 2nd half!

I love the reaction of Belichick when asked about what he learned when watching game film. That is the first time I heard an under tone of Oh $hit ever in his voice! 

1 minute ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I love the reaction of Belichick when asked about what he learned when watching game film. That is the first time I heard an under tone of Oh $hit ever in his voice! 

Yes......we know his PC's are usually pretty bland. He'll over compliment his opponent to not give the media any angles to run with. But this time, yes, I caught that tone. When he was talking about our defensive team speed it was evident. Commenting on how we have speed at 10/11 positions. Even mentioned Jarrett by name, stating that when we pull him we can have speed at all 11 spots. Sounds to me like alot of Blount running and quick passing from that crew all day sunday.

7 minutes ago, dynobot77 said:

Yes......we know his PC's are usually pretty bland. He'll over compliment his opponent to not give the media any angles to run with. But this time, yes, I caught that tone. When he was talking about our defensive team speed it was evident. Commenting on how we have speed at 10/11 positions. Even mentioned Jarrett by name, stating that when we pull him we can have speed at all 11 spots. Sounds to me like alot of Blount running and quick passing from that crew all day sunday.

That is the Game plan I thought they would run with, pun intended. I don't see them trying to many deep shots or speed plays as they know they are at a disadvantage on those fronts.

I hope the Falcons coaches and players aren't paying any attention to this type of opinion.  Very foolish to gauge a team based on prior schedule, because it means nothing come Feb 5. 

I don't care who they "haven't" played,  no team makes it to the super bowl unless they are good enough to win it.   A lot of those stats about the Patriots opponents are bad partly because of the  Patriots. 

Don't think for a second the Falcons are that much more superior to New England. 

1 minute ago, octoslash said:

I hope the Falcons coaches and players aren't paying any attention to this type of opinion.  Very foolish to gauge a team based on prior schedule, because it means nothing come Feb 5. 

I don't care who they "haven't" played,  no team makes it to the super bowl unless they are good enough to win it.   A lot of those stats about the Patriots opponents are bad partly because of the  Patriots. 

Don't think for a second the Falcons are that much more superior to New England. 

I SERIOUSLY doubt either team is paying this stuff any attention. It's purely for the consumption of fans.

this is what happens when you have only one game left and two weeks between games - too much hype, too much analysis, too much everything.

This SuperBowl should be a battle and neither team has a huge advantage over the other - both have their advantages and disadvantages.   This is most likely a 4th quarter game and will come down to which team makes the plays in that 4th quarter.

20 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I SERIOUSLY doubt either team is paying this stuff any attention. It's purely for the consumption of fans.

if either team is paying attention to this drivel - then that is the team that is going to lose.   All this "coach speak" from Belicheck, Quinn and Shannahan is useless as well.

17 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Totally agree, this type of information is for this sole purpose of fueling conversations like these between media and fans. Has little to no baring on Beasley ability to whip their RT and dislodge Brady from the ball. Having said that, I still feel that we are the better team. All of that 'super bowl experience' the pats have will go out of the window after the ball is kicked off. 

16 minutes ago, dynobot77 said:

Totally agree, this type of information is for this sole purpose of fueling conversations like these between media and fans. Has little to no baring on Beasley ability to whip their RT and dislodge Brady from the ball. Having said that, I still feel that we are the better team. All of that 'super bowl experience' the pats have will go out of the window after the ball is kicked off. 

They are dressing 30+ guys that do NOT have Super Bowl Experience either so...

16 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

this is what happens when you have only one game left and two weeks between games - too much hype, too much analysis, too much everything.

This SuperBowl should be a battle and neither team has a huge advantage over the other - both have their advantages and disadvantages.   This is most likely a 4th quarter game and will come down to which team makes the plays in that 4th quarter.

I totally agree with this.  I don't see any real advantages for either side.  The only thing the Pats have more of is experience which can be a factor but I don't think the Falcons coach will let that be.  I've often heard of players going out for warm-up at the SB and getting so pumped up and hyped since there is already a circus atmosphere and they tire themselves out before game even starts.  

9 minutes ago, VegasOdds101 said:

I totally agree with this.  I don't see any real advantages for either side.  The only thing the Pats have more of is experience which can be a factor but I don't think the Falcons coach will let that be.  I've often heard of players going out for warm-up at the SB and getting so pumped up and hyped since there is already a circus atmosphere and they tire themselves out before game even starts.  

Yeah, was watching NFL Live yesterday and Jeff Saturday(Colts C) and Coach Herm Edwards(Eagles CB) both said that in their first superbowls it was hard to even feel your legs in that 1st quarter.   My biggest concern for some of our young guys is that it will take them too long to settle into the game - you can get too geeked up and nerves will need to be calmed sooner rather than later.    Patriots definitely have the edge there since most of their team has already been to at least one SuperBowl.

Falcons are fortunate in that they have a HC who has been to the SB twice so he can help them a little as can Freeney on just knowing what to expect there and maybe how to calm down a little.

36 minutes ago, dynobot77 said:

All of that 'super bowl experience' the pats have will go out of the window after the ball is kicked off. 

How much of their current roster and staff have superbowl experience? I think I read that 30 of their current roster is post-2015. Staff on the other hand, I don't know.

5 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Yeah, was watching NFL Live yesterday and Jeff Saturday(Colts C) and Coach Herm Edwards(Eagles CB) both said that in their first superbowls it was hard to even feel your legs in that 1st quarter.   My biggest concern for some of our young guys is that it will take them too long to settle into the game - you can get too geeked up and nerves will need to be calmed sooner rather than later.    Patriots definitely have the edge there since most of their team has already been to at least one SuperBowl.

Falcons are fortunate in that they have a HC who has been to the SB twice so he can help them a little as can Freeney on just knowing what to expect there and maybe how to calm down a little.

That's a good point.  Do Patriots take the ball (if they win coin toss) and try to get early lead to put Falcons in a spot they aren't used to early?  Or does Belichick defer and hope his defense can be the first ones in 9 weeks to stop Falcons from scoring a TD in first drive?  If Pats D holds then Brady gets the ball and scores then that bodes well too.  If Falcons have the weak legs early it's possible. Will be just interesting seeing what Pats do if they win toss.

3 minutes ago, VegasOdds101 said:

That's a good point.  Do Patriots take the ball (if they win coin toss) and try to get early lead to put Falcons in a spot they aren't used to early?  Or does Belichick defer and hope his defense can be the first ones in 9 weeks to stop Falcons from scoring a TD in first drive?  If Pats D holds then Brady gets the ball and scores then that bodes well too.  If Falcons have the weak legs early it's possible. Will be just interesting seeing what Pats do if they win toss.

I think they, like us, will defer.

It's a logical choice most of the time.    GB did it in the NFCC, and it didn't work out for them, but we've done it all year and it's been an excellent choice for us.   I think either team will defer.   I could be wrong, of course, but I'd be willing to bet on it (my standard nickel cap though)

Teams like the opportunity to score right before the half, come out with the ball in the 3rd quarter and try to score again - giving them momentum in the game.  It's a powerful ploy when it works.

9 minutes ago, VegasOdds101 said:

Good to have reasonable patriots fans to talk with.

And, Falcons are used to being behind early. They've frequently allowed allow a first drive score, then shut down the opposing team.

Seahawks scored on their first drive in the playoff game, then the falcons preceded to outscore them 36-6 over the next 49 minutes of game time.

5 minutes ago, Tandy said:

I think they, like us, will defer.

It's a logical choice most of the time.    GB did it in the NFCC, and it didn't work out for them, but we've done it all year and it's been an excellent choice for us.   I think either team will defer.   I could be wrong, of course, but I'd be willing to bet on it (my standard nickel cap though)

Teams like the opportunity to score right before the half, come out with the ball in the 3rd quarter and try to score again - giving them momentum in the game.  It's a powerful ploy when it works.

The Patriots always defer too except last week which I found I interesting.  I think they knew Brady was going to light up the Steelers so mind as well get it started.  If Pats did it in the SB it would be to try to score and put pressure on Falcons immediately which hasn't been the case lately.  I'm with you though, I'd defer.  If Pats get the stop it would be a boost to them and maybe deflation for Falcons.  Then of course you can try for the double score at end of half/ beginning 3rd quarter.

1 minute ago, falconidae said:

Good to have reasonable patriots fans to talk with.

And, Falcons are used to being behind early. They've frequently allowed allow a first drive score, then shut down the opposing team.

Seahawks scored on their first drive in the playoff game, then the falcons preceded to outscore them 36-6 over the next 49 minutes of game time.

That is true, Seahawks did score first......Yea I'd defer if I was Pats.

After watching game film on us I'm sure Belichick will want to get the ball first to try and set the tempo / tone of the 1st quarter. As mentioned previously, we've scored on 9 straight opening drives. That's not a fluke in any way so, it would make no sense to potentially put his offense behind out of the gate. 

We all know its not about how you start but how you finish the game. We've shown the ability to drop 21 on a team in any given quarter. They are not built for major offensive comebacks like that so, I'd think they want to score first if given the option. 

2 hours ago, DuckBoatParades said:

The patriots had to play this season with one hand tied behind their back...and they still went 14-2 vs. the schedule they were handed.  Mortal teams would use these things as excuses for their 7-9 record at the end of the year.

Yeah that schedule that "they were handed" isn't that impressive...AFC East and the rest was mediocre at best