Atlanta Time Machine, a very cool website

raysnill1

I was looking for some old pictures of Atlanta Fulton County stadium and came across this site that shows pictures of Atlanta from various vantage points at several different time periods. I've been in this rabbit hole for about an hour lol. just sharing something I thought was cool. it's cool seeing how much Atlanta has grown and the changes in architecture and technology. I had a friend that lived in Techwood Homes before the Olympics that I used to visit and this is what that area looked like back in the day

http://www.atlantatimemachine.com/houses_apts/techwood_homes.htm

the original website:

http://www.atlantatimemachine.com/

12 hours ago, NOVAFalconFan said:

I remember when the blue glass bubble was more or less the tallest thing downtown.

Yepper! It still had a decent view when it was called the Trust Company Tower I recall!

And D@mn I didn't know Greenbriar had the First Mall location of a Chik-Fila! My dad would pick me up from school and we would go there on a weekly bases and then go Next door and get a Cookie Factory LARGE Chocolate chip cookie!  :)

Now I have a tear, Man I miss him and those days! 

I know @kmbutts can relate!

Edited by Ezekiel 25:17

12 hours ago, raysnill1 said:

I was looking for some old pictures of Atlanta Fulton County stadium and came across this site that shows pictures of Atlanta from various vantage points at several different time periods. I've been in this rabbit hole for about an hour lol. just sharing something I thought was cool. it's cool seeing how much Atlanta has grown and the changes in architecture and technology. I had a friend that lived in Techwood Homes before the Olympics that I used to visit and this is what that area looked like back in the day

http://www.atlantatimemachine.com/houses_apts/techwood_homes.htm

the original website:

http://www.atlantatimemachine.com/

raysnill don't know whether I should thank you or curse you. Have been on your link for the past 2 hours and still want to see all I wanted. Since I am a native Atlantan who was born at the hospital that was on the site of Atlanta Fulton County Stadium beforehand,  I remember many of the buildings,scenes and locations in those photos around the city. It further reinforces my immeasurable desire to bring a Lombardi to this city. We've all waited long enough. Thanks for sharing and the trip down memory lane. And did I mention. Rise Up...... Brotherhood!

7 minutes ago, DixieTwister said:

raysnill don't know whether I should thank you or curse you. Have been on your link for the past 2 hours and still want to see all I wanted. Since I am a native Atlantan who was born at the hospital that was on the site of Atlanta Fulton County Stadium beforehand,  I remember many of the buildings,scenes and locations in those photos around the city. It further reinforces my immeasurable desire to bring a Lombardi to this city. We've all waited long enough. Thanks for sharing and the trip down memory lane. And did I mention. Rise Up...... Brotherhood!

I wanna curse myself lol. I've been wasting so much time on this site but it's cool looking at the areas I'm familiar with and how much the city has grown.

2 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Yepper! It still had a decent view when it was called the Trust Company Tower I recall!

And D@mn I didn't know Greenbriar had the First Mall location of a Chik-Fila! My dad would pick me up from school and we would go there on a weekly bases and then go Next door and get a Cookie Factory LARGE Chocolate chip cookie!  :)

Now I have a tear, Man I miss him and those days! 

I know @kmbutts can relate!

I sure can! lived right up the street from it! Also was one of my first jobs out of high school! But here is something that will really blow your mind....I can remember when Lenox Square mall was actually an outdoor open strip mall! 

5 minutes ago, kmbutts said:

I sure can! lived right up the street from it! Also was one of my first jobs out of high school! But here is something that will really blow your mind....I can remember when Lenox Square mall was actually an outdoor open strip mall! 

Oh now you have gone back past my time! Never knew that fact!

10 minutes ago, NOVAFalconFan said:

Anybody remember the Pink Pig on top of (I think) Macy's?  It was a train ride of some kind, I vaguely remember riding it in 1977, I think?  I have no idea what it was doing up there, but little me thought it was the coolest thing.

Was Rich's a long long time Atlanta department store and they were bought out many years later by Macy's and yes rode it too as a kid at Christmas time. 

Now here's one for ya. Was on Officer Don's (Kennedy) Popeye Club on WSB-TV in afternoons in late 50's as a kid. Only long time natives will even know WTH I am talking about.

3 minutes ago, DixieTwister said:

Was Rich's a long long time Atlanta department store and they were bought out many years later by Macy's and yes rode it too as a kid at Christmas time. 

Now here's one for ya. Was on Officer Don's (Kennedy) Popeye Club on WSB-TV in afternoons in late 50's as a kid. Only long time natives will even know WTH I am talking about.

Wasn't on that, but was on High-Q on WSB in high school with the guy who was on TV for what seemed like 100 years.  Can't remember his name.

3 minutes ago, NOVAFalconFan said:

Wasn't on that, but was on High-Q on WSB in high school with the guy who was on TV for what seemed like 100 years.  Can't remember his name.

Remember the show don't remember the name. You must be a brainiac Nova since you had to have the high IQ to even be on High-Q. Got any insider market tips?