Atlanta’s New LB’s: One Year Wonders? Or Players to Be Feared?

Hey you guys, mind if you guys  check out our article and leave some comments on there.

http://atlantasportspage.org/atlantas-new-lbs-one-year-wonders-or-players-to-be-feared/\

As you may know, our linebacking core is totally different from last year (With the exception of 3-4 packages where Paul Worrilow plays). Deion Jones, our second round draft pick, is the Falcons’ MLB of the future, who has demanded respect all year by making phenomenal plays, jumps in leadership, and bone-jarring hits (ask Cam Newton). Deion came in and replaced Paul Worrilow, who never quite was able to lock down the starting job due to a lack of speed and missed tackles. This is the opposite of Deion, who ran a 4.5 40 yard dash in the combine. That’s crazy guys, Julio ran a 4.3 for reference. Deion Jones is blazing fast, which has led to most of his success on our team, and part of the reason he led all rookies in tackles with 106, a few more years of polishing and coaching and he will be a revered name.

Next up are our Outside Linebackers, Vic Beasley and De’Vondre Campbell. Spoiler alert, they are both just as fast if not faster than DeBo. De’Vondre Campbell is our work in progress LB here, he ran a 4.5 in the combine but is subpar at recognizing the Offense’s play, where Deion shines. However, he can get outside to stop an outside run or to prevent a QB from scrambling to the sideline. I see real potential from him, with his speed and raw talent, paired with our great coaches, I don’t see why he couldn’t vastly improve each year and continue to be an above average ROLB.

Vic Beasley is the only non-rookie, but it’s still only his second season. After everyone and their brother tried to convince the next guy that Vic was a bust, he comes back and leads the NFL in sacks(15.5) and forced fumbles(6). Vic Beasley also ran a 4.5 and constantly gets compliments on his “first step” pass rush move. Vic is more of a pass-rush linebacker but that doesn’t mean he can’t cover and run with Tight Ends in man coverage, but that isn’t really how we use him or how he should be used. He has the potential to stay right where he is, dominating the edge and forcing QB’s to feel his presence.

After a dismal  8-8 2015 season, Linebackers were a target over this past offseason, and that’s exactly what Dan Quinn got. Fast and physical Linebackers who are very talented with unmatched raw speed. They just need more polishing in pass coverage, but I promise you Dan Quinn can do that and he already has, with our defensive numbers rising every week. After slow, untalented Linebackers, we now have the fastest and youngest, who will only improve with each season.

1 hour ago, Kayoh said:

Debo ran 4.59 at the combine, 4.38 at his pro day. Paul Worrilow ran 4.59 at his pro day. Campbell ran 4.58 at the combine, and Beasley ran 4.53. Julio ran 4.42 at the combine. Why fudge the numbers?

Christ, Beasley is fast. That's unbelievable, no wonder people wanted him to be a 3-4 OLB.

2 hours ago, WisFalcon said:

Yeah.. pretty sure Julio ran a 4.39 ON his broken foot. That was a huge story then

still is

you're thinking of Tevin Coleman. Julio ran 4.42 officially at the combine and yeah, I believe he was also recovering from a foot injury. Teco ran 4.39 at his pro day recovering from a broken foot that he rushed for over 1,200 yards with.

31 minutes ago, Kayoh said:

you're thinking of Tevin Coleman. Julio ran 4.42 officially at the combine and yeah, I believe he was also recovering from a foot injury. Teco ran 4.39 at his pro day recovering from a broken foot that he rushed for over 1,200 yards with.

Try again. Per NFL.Com. Julio ran 4.39 40 and it was on a broken foot. He also had a 38.5 vert on same injured foot

1 minute ago, athell said:

You need to update your source to "google" lol

google gets a lot of times wrong. My source is nfldraftscout.com and they're super consistent about getting CORRECT, OFFICIAL times, which is why it's so weird that they got the wrong time for Julio.

Just now, Kayoh said:

google gets a lot of times wrong. My source is nfldraftscout.com and they're super consistent about getting CORRECT times, which is why it's so weird that they got the wrong time for Julio.

Yeah, I'm just giving you crap.  Different sites say different things, and you know how weird 40 times can get with official and unofficial and all that stuff.