Trump is the man

AREA 51

1 hour ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Wait.....some of you still think "Sharia" is/was a thing in the US? 

My word, you guys. You gotta stop this nonsense. No wonder you're all bittered up. Created nonsensical strawmen and getting mad at them. 

Sharia is one of my coal mine canaries when I'm discussing issues with a new person. The moment they start talking about how sharia law is a threat to take over our country, I know I'm not dealing with a rational person and I politely run away as fast as I can. 

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Sharia is one of my coal mine canaries when I'm discussing issues with a new person. The moment they start talking about how sharia law is a threat to take over our country, I know I'm not dealing with a rational person and I politely run away as fast as I can. 

The sharia law will never happen in america, so people shouldn't worry.

9 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Honestly, the fact that anyone would even consider that it could for a second is deeply concerning. 

Particularly among folks that talk about how much they love "the Constitution" 

constitution stops at amendment 2 and we and starts at amendment 2.

1 is just there for things we agree with.

5 hours ago, AREA 51 said:

I, personally, never said such or have I ever criticized Obama for using executive orders. Republicans are just as hypocritical as anyone. Trump is not a typical Republican.

It touches on another reason I like Trump now. He was getting no love from the Republican party nor did he care to appease them to get it. In fact, he basically won shunning the Republican establishment, they believed, he could not win without. That is great.

Trump was pounded by the media, Hollywood, entertainment cabal. Every news program, late night talk show, television program, singer, actor, or celebrity constantly attacked Trump, trying to bring him down. That, I expected, but even Republicans were bowing to political correctness. Republicans started stepping away from Trump, but Trump simply said I do not need you.

Conclusion, we may have the first President who will do what he thinks is best for this country without worrying if he is upsetting Demorcrats, Republicans, other countries, special interest groups or Aliens landing in New Mexico. 

Trump appears to be truly a man outside the establishment, and he won. I have to respect that. 

Right, you want a raging ***hole who doesn't appear able to do the job as president of the United States.

We'll see how that works out.

59 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Honestly, the fact that anyone would even consider that it could for a second is deeply concerning. 

Particularly among folks that talk about how much they love "the Constitution" 

They are the same ones cheering the fact that trump wants to essentially give religious tests to anyone who wants to come into the country from places like Syria

34 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

You mean the money that congress near unanimously approved in 2015 AND 2016?

:lol: I forgot, he could do no wrong, except for pretty much every decision he ever made in that office. He went out on a low note, which certainly befits and sums up his presidency.

http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-queitly-sends-221-million-to-palestine-2017-1

On Monday the Associated Press reported that as one of Barack Obama's final actions in office before the inauguration of President Donald Trump, he released $221 million to the Palestinian Authority.

However, the payment itself has been frozen by the State Department under President Trump.

The money came from federal aid the US provides to the West Bank and Gaza, aid that totaled about $355 million in 2015. The sum released by Obama during his last hours in office had been held up by a group in Congress that included Reps. Ed Royce of California and Kay Granger of Texas.

"The easiest way to sum it up is that Congress had been looking at various behaviors from Palestine — unilateral attempts at statehood, corruption, incitement of violence, and paying salaries to people in jail for terrorism — and that's why the hold has been there," Dr. Jonathan Schanzer of the Foundation for Defense of Democracies told Business Insider.

Schanzer characterized the move by Obama as both shocking and "a strange message to send."

"I was tracking President Obama's 11th-hour moves on the Palestinians, and this issue never came up once ... Most analysts and observers didn't think Obama would or could do this," Schanzer said.

The Obama administration had been pressing for the release of the funds for some time, according to the Associated Press, which reported that a notification sent to Congress said the money came from the US Agency for International Development and was set to support humanitarian aid, political and security reforms, and "rule of law."

The Palestinian Authority, which had been had been hurting for cash, used the money for "salaries unpaid and debts that are owed," Schanzer said.

Schanzer, however, said the Palestinian Authority had done nothing to warrant this reversal on Obama's part, characterizing activities such as corruption and incitement of violence as "ongoing."

Schanzer pointed to the leader of the Palestinian Authority, Mahmoud Abbas, as an example of corruption. Abbas entered his 12th year as president this year, despite being elected to only a four-year term in 2005.

Obama is "releasing funds to a guy that’s become an autocrat," Schanzer said.

Obama's unilateral action came as he closed his presidency with a critical eye toward Israel. In December, the UN Security Council passed a resolution demanding that Israel stop building settlements on Palestinian land. The US refused to vote on the resolution, effectively allowing it to pass.

Trump has repeatedly floated the idea of moving the US embassy in Israel to Jerusalem, which Abbas has urged against.

29 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

They are the same ones cheering the fact that trump wants to essentially give religious tests to anyone who wants to come into the country from places like Syria

Except that's not what he's doing at all. He is in fact just eliminating the religious test your messiah put in place.

THE U.S. BARS CHRISTIAN, NOT MUSLIM, REFUGEES FROM SYRIA

Is Newsweek a right wing rag? 

24 minutes ago, silentbob1272 said:

I'm actually not opposed to some gun control measures. It's one of my dirty little liberal secrets, along with being anti death penalty and alright with gay marriage.

We all have our liberal sides sb.  Mine is people can do with their private life what they wish (albeit without breaking the law) gay marriage not may concern, I'm pro choice because I don't want someone telling my loved one what they can do with their body (even though I do not like it as a form of birth control) and gun control measures are fine.  At shows, private sales whatever.  No one needs a gun instantaneously, there should be proper background check and waiting periods to make sure everything is clear and good to go.   

2 hours ago, silentbob1272 said:

:lol: I forgot, he could do no wrong, except for pretty much every decision he ever made in that office. He went out on a low note, which certainly befits and sums up his presidency.

http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-queitly-sends-221-million-to-palestine-2017-1

On Monday the Associated Press reported that as one of Barack Obama's final actions in office before the inauguration of President Donald Trump, he released $221 million to the Palestinian Authority.

However, the payment itself has been frozen by the State Department under President Trump.

The money came from federal aid the US provides to the West Bank and Gaza, aid that totaled about $355 million in 2015. The sum released by Obama during his last hours in office had been held up by a group in Congress that included Reps. Ed Royce of California and Kay Granger of Texas.

"The easiest way to sum it up is that Congress had been looking at various behaviors from Palestine — unilateral attempts at statehood, corruption, incitement of violence, and paying salaries to people in jail for terrorism — and that's why the hold has been there," Dr. Jonathan Schanzer of the Foundation for Defense of Democracies told Business Insider.

Schanzer characterized the move by Obama as both shocking and "a strange message to send."

"I was tracking President Obama's 11th-hour moves on the Palestinians, and this issue never came up once ... Most analysts and observers didn't think Obama would or could do this," Schanzer said.

The Obama administration had been pressing for the release of the funds for some time, according to the Associated Press, which reported that a notification sent to Congress said the money came from the US Agency for International Development and was set to support humanitarian aid, political and security reforms, and "rule of law."

The Palestinian Authority, which had been had been hurting for cash, used the money for "salaries unpaid and debts that are owed," Schanzer said.

Schanzer, however, said the Palestinian Authority had done nothing to warrant this reversal on Obama's part, characterizing activities such as corruption and incitement of violence as "ongoing."

Schanzer pointed to the leader of the Palestinian Authority, Mahmoud Abbas, as an example of corruption. Abbas entered his 12th year as president this year, despite being elected to only a four-year term in 2005.

Obama is "releasing funds to a guy that’s become an autocrat," Schanzer said.

Obama's unilateral action came as he closed his presidency with a critical eye toward Israel. In December, the UN Security Council passed a resolution demanding that Israel stop building settlements on Palestinian land. The US refused to vote on the resolution, effectively allowing it to pass.

Trump has repeatedly floated the idea of moving the US embassy in Israel to Jerusalem, which Abbas has urged against.

As usual you have no point....I am going to use that F word that you hate so much........the FACT is that congress allocated those funds and  for that purpose.

Despite the republicans best efforts to seny the fact...he was still the president and he had not only the the ability but most people would say the obligation to do what congress....bi partisanly passed.

But in the idiotic world that is you and the other right wing jack nuts here ,some how it is so terrible for him to actually do his job.

By the way if Congress passes something in  a bi partisan mannerand the president follows through with it that is not an "unilateral" action.

2 hours ago, silentbob1272 said:

Except that's not what he's doing at all. He is in fact just eliminating the religious test your messiah put in place.

THE U.S. BARS CHRISTIAN, NOT MUSLIM, REFUGEES FROM SYRIA

Is Newsweek a right wing rag? 

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/27/politics/trump-christian-refugees/index.html

Yeah...You are wrong... As usual

The idea of singling out Christians from Syria as priority  is very much the definition of a religious test.Aside from the fact that  the very suggestion is unconstitutional... it is also   terribly misguided.

The group that has suffered the most at the hands of Isis and other groups like them are Muslims and it is not even close to being equal.

But yeah like I said you do not give  2 flips about things like facts and reality

Btw

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/10/05/u-s-admits-record-number-of-muslim-refugees-in-2016/

" Overall, a far larger total number of Christian refugees than Muslim refugees have entered the U.S. since fiscal 2002. During the past 15 years, the U.S. has admitted 399,677 Christian refugees and 279,339 Muslim refugees, meaning that 46% of all refugees who have entered the U.S. during this time have been Christian while 32% have been Muslim. "

What is funny is that it only takes like 30 seconds to debunk your  partisan  stupidity.