Trump is the man

AREA 51

Sponge will agree with nothing in this article, but I'll post it anyway.

http://deadspin.com/gregg-popovich-had-an-insightful-monologue-on-white-pri-1791945369

comment from the article:

I think where white people get mixed up is what they’re supposed to FEEL about their privilege. They (we) too often assume it’s guilt or remorse that’s required. When, in reality, it’s kindness and civility and fairness. And most importantly sometimes, it requires outrage for a plight that’s not your own.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, BrockSamson said:

I went to one of those things. They took all my money and gave it to the poorer guy next to me, then chastised me for being an upper-middle-class white man.  Also, they took my guns. Or would have, if I'd had any. Then they made me abort some fetuses while a lesbian-mixed-race barista with two nose rings sang the praises of the feminist revolution over a slam poetry beat. Also, Al Gore was in the background laughing maniacally the whole time. That was a weird weekend.

I call BS.

Al Gore never laughs!!!

2 hours ago, lostone said:

http://deadspin.com/gregg-popovich-had-an-insightful-monologue-on-white-pri-1791945369

I think where white people get mixed up is what they’re supposed to FEEL about their privilege. They (we) too often assume it’s guilt or remorse that’s required. When, in reality, it’s kindness and civility and fairness. And most importantly sometimes, it requires outrage for a plight that’s not your own.

+1 

The term "white guilt" might work better if all I cared about were people America ****ed over. 

Well ****. As I type this I realize that's pretty much everyone 

2 hours ago, lostone said:

Another celebrity telling us how to think, 

I demand an apology from the English for raping, murdering, and pillaging my Scottish ancestors 900 years ago. If I don't get it, I'm burning down the Family Dollar in my town as a form of protest.

12 minutes ago, WORilla said:

+1 

The term "white guilt" might work better if all I cared about were people America ****ed over. 

Well ****. As I type this I realize that's pretty much everyone 

Why don't you take your white self to South Chicago and throw a pitty party there? FYI, we're not paying a ransom but I will come save you, I give you my word.

5 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

Another celebrity telling us how to think, 

I demand an apology from the English for raping, murdering, and pillaging my Scottish ancestors 900 years ago. If I don't get it, I'm burning down the Family Dollar in my town as a form of protest.

Don't want an apology.  In your quest to berate people you miss the part that the institutions still are targeting the community.  It's in the American DNA.  I don't want your money, I just want people to that it's more than just bootstraps...  that's got **** all

5 minutes ago, lostone said:

Don't want an apology.  In your quest to berate people you miss the part that the institutions still are targeting the community.  It's in the American DNA.  I don't want your money, I just want people to that it's more than just bootstraps...  that's got **** all

I never denied that AND I can find posts where I talk about injustices in employment for black folks.

Liberals make it out as slavery is alive and well today. 

1 minute ago, SpongeDad said:

The white man made them commit murder, rape, home invasions, etc.  The mind control collars must still be working.

You do realize that they are human right?  Not everyone in prison has committed a heinous crime.  How many people are in long prison sentences due to mandatory minimums.  The power has been taken from the judges and given to the prosecutors.

7 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

I never denied that AND I can find posts where I talk about injustices in employment for black folks.

Liberals make it out as slavery is alive and well today. 

slavery is alive and well but the people who still evoke 18th and 19th century slavery take the spotlight off of the travesties that are happening today. There are more slaves today than at the height of the American slave trade in the 1800s. A girl was kidnapped today, who gives a f 7% of Americans owned slaves in the 1800s

Just now, lostone said:

You do realize that they are human right?  Not everyone in prison has committed a heinous crime.  How many people are in long prison sentences due to mandatory minimums.  The power has been taken from the judges and given to the prosecutors.

You do realize their victims are human right?

There's people serving 50 year sentences for growing weed. But you can murder someone and get 40 years but do 15 for good behavior. I know the judicial system is fck up in more ways than one.

1 minute ago, SpongeDad said:

You do realize their victims are human right?

There's people serving 50 year sentences for growing weed. But you can murder someone and get 40 years but do 15 for good behavior. I know the judicial system is fck up in more ways than one.

the problem is that many times if you have two criminals of similar criminal background who commit the same crime, the minority will get a significantly longer sentence.