lidsville_falcon

Who's going to Houston? Ticket prices have dropped substantially.

111 posts in this topic

The cheapest went from $4200, $3600. $2600 but I still wouldn't pay more than $1500 that stadiums sucks. It's huge and I think the nosebleed actually cause nosebleeds. I do have a place to stay and would go but my PSLs at the new stadium broke my football budget :(

Edited by lidsville_falcon
Flying Falcon likes this

My two season tix cost $1900 combined. That amount will be due in a couple of months for the 2017 season. Before i fork that amount over, i will be paying $4000 for the two PSLs so i can then pay for next year's season tix.

i love the Falcons and am thrilled to be rooting for MY team in the Super Bowl. But i'm guessing i'm like the majority of ATL fans in that i simply don't have another 2k to spend on them right now.

3 minutes ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

My two season tix cost $1900 combined. That amount will be due in a couple of months for the 2017 season. Before i fork that amount over, i will be paying $4000 for the two PSLs so i can then pay for next year's season tix.

i love the Falcons and am thrilled to be rooting for MY team in the Super Bowl. But i'm guessing i'm like the majority of ATL fans in that i simply don't have another 2k to spend on them right now.

I'm with you brother, my wife even gave me to go ahead but $5000 for two PSLs and $2800 in June, plus that stadium is crap and the $2600 are 4th level corners. Would be nice to go so I've been entering online contests, see if I get lucky. 

If anyone needs suggestions on places to stay, eat, etc please message me. I can give suggestions on nice places to go that wont be as crowded if you stay a few days before the Super Bowl. 

I will be checking on tickets and last minute tickets as well. 

26 minutes ago, lidsville_falcon said:

The cheapest went from $4200, $3600. $2600 but I still wouldn't pay more than $1500 that stadiums sucks. It's huge and I think the nosebleed actually cause nosebleeds. I do have a place to stay and would go buy my PSLs at the new stadium broke my football budget :(

Where did you find them for 2600?

12 minutes ago, Godzilla1985 said:

Wish I could but that's a lot of coin. Got a SB party with a friend on a big screen and it's only gonna cost me some Domino's Pizza

Good pizza. Have you had the Philly Cheese Steak pizza?

3 minutes ago, lidsville_falcon said:

There is also a 20% mark up when you go to "check out" so say you spend $5k on two seats, it'll actually be $6k.

I actually just bought mine from the On Location site. They just dropped prices. Might not be the cheapest seat I could have gotten but lower level and on one of the tunnels so no one sitting beside us or in front of us! Now just have to hope for a lot of the action on our endzone side!

4 minutes ago, Leggggggo said:

There is also a 20% mark up when you go to "check out" so say you spend $5k on two seats, it'll actually be $6k.

I actually just bought mine from the On Location site. They just dropped prices. Might not be the cheapest seat I could have gotten but lower level and on one of the tunnels so no one sitting beside us or in front of us! Now just have to hope for a lot of the action on our endzone side!

I'll pass and watch downtown somewhere, so when we win I can rip it up :-)

Edited by lidsville_falcon
w_nter, Leggggggo and dirtybird2k5 like this

5 minutes ago, lidsville_falcon said:

I'll pass an watch downtown somewhere, so when we win I can rip it up :-)

Tickpick.com has a superbowl blog called "buying cheap tickets to the superbowl" or something with daily updates on average prices of tickets sold from their site...

They also don't charge a buyers fee, so the price listed is the price you'd pay. Stubhub did a great job of building their market share and now takes complete advantage of the sellers and buyers with upwards of 32% in fees total...

Edited by Leggggggo
notthatcool likes this

1 minute ago, Leggggggo said:

Tickpick.com has a superbowl blog called "buying cheap tickets to the superbowl" or something with daily updates on average prices of tickets sold from their site...

They also don't charge a buyers fee, so the price listed is the price you'd pay. Stubhub did a great job or building their market share and now takes complete advantage of the sellers and buyers with upwards of 32% in fees total...

I bought from them once and they don't guarantee the seat # or if the seller is actually going to accept the offer, but they did rather quickly in this case.  I don't think you'll see much movement until later if there are still a chit ton of tickets left. Could wait until Sunday morning get a standby flight at ATL and see what they want to do with the unsold tickets gameday. If it was GB the cheapest tix would be 5K if you could get them. 

48 minutes ago, Tim Mazetti said:

Good pizza. Have you had the Philly Cheese Steak pizza?

No but I might have to get one if you recommend it.

28 minutes ago, RazorWing said:

I live in Houston. I can't afford tickets. But we can hang out at a sports bar near the stadium

Where at in Houston do you live?

12 minutes ago, Tim Mazetti said:

I do delivery.

Join the rewards program.

THAT is a good pizza, but cost more than other ones.

This is the Falcons SB. I'll pay for the good stuff!

Tim Mazetti likes this

It's really a shame that ticket prices are that high and knowing almost every person has to travel too. Its ridiculous. No football game should be that high.

My wife would divorce me... and I wouldn't blame her. The Super Bowl is a made for TV event. People in attendance are the folks who live in million dollar homes or are being comped by employers or others who own a block of tickets. 

Would I love to go? Would any of us? 

If I win the lottery in the next few days, I'll be on the first row. As it stands, statistically, I'll be watching in my den on a 75 inch and drinking and eating wonderful things at a reasonable price. 

2 hours ago, lidsville_falcon said:

The cheapest went from $4200, $3600. $2600 but I still wouldn't pay more than $1500 that stadiums sucks. It's huge and I think the nosebleed actually cause nosebleeds. I do have a place to stay and would go but my PSLs at the new stadium broke my football budget :(

Yeah I've been there a couple of times. Not a good stadium for the upper tier seats for sure.