The truth about NE defense

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Brewcrew said:

I knew the Seahawks had outdoor turf, but I didn't realize Gillette switched to field turf.  We haven't played there in forever.  You still haven't played in a dome.  Thanks for the insult, though. 

No offense, but even if they hadnt played in a dome (which they have), would that really give us any type of advantage?  Goodness...

I think realistically the patriots are what we would consider a top 10ish defense. I think they're a pretty solid group all around. Though I believe they are a great match up for us. They arent known for pressure, but they are good against the run and tackle well.. ok that's fine.. we can substitute a dink n dunk game for a run game and move the ball down the field. I would imagine they will try to take away julio and put butler on Sanu, but that'll open the runway for Gabriel and Coleman. I think the only defense they will have is patience with their own run game. Our defense is going to need to play out of their minds to shut that down early

5 minutes ago, EVIL Dan Quinn said:

I think realistically the patriots are what we would consider a top 10ish defense. I think they're a pretty solid group all around. Though I believe they are a great match up for us. They arent known for pressure, but they are good against the run and tackle well.. ok that's fine.. we can substitute a dink n dunk game for a run game and move the ball down the field. I would imagine they will try to take away julio and put butler on Sanu, but that'll open the runway for Gabriel and Coleman. I think the only defense they will have is patience with their own run game. Our defense is going to need to play out of their minds to shut that down early

Not sure out of their minds is required, but they definitely to be solid against the run and play it a little better than they did during the season.

In reference to the original posters comments.

It stands to reason that the pats defense had some cup cake opponents that helped their stats. Some could say the same thing about our offense when we smoked a hapless 49ners, rams, and panthers (2nd time we played) team. However, when we played the top tier defenses (Oakland, denver, seattle, carolina (1st time we played), arizona, KC, etc)? We dropped between 20-30 on them. When we played cupcake teams our defense feasted on them as great teams should.

So in an apples to apples world? New England is good THIS year but not as impressive as us THIS year. 

6 minutes ago, PatsAreBetter said:

Have you heard of the Bills K-Gun or the Rams greatest show on turf?

There might of been a defensive mastermind who shut down those 2 prolific offenses in the Super Bowl.

One, you can't mug receivers anymore,two Atlanta doesn't have Mad Mike Martz as OC, and third your DBs are all out matched.

Edited by Minitaur