Belichick couldn’t “stop” TO, why would he ‘stop’ Julio

1 hour ago, A Pimp Named Slickback™ said:

Don't NE run a 3-4? I'm not sure how effectively they can rush AND cover. We are going to come out in formations that's going to force their hand one way or another.

They run whatever they think will work. 

I'm confident that this group is large and diverse enough to give them serious problems. 

4 minutes ago, PatsAreBetter said:

Julio Jones will be tapping out of this game with an "injury" when the going gets tough.

Your a fan of your team and I respect that. I'd also venture a guess that you've seen few if any falcon games save espn highlights. Again, no fault of your own as you have your own team to follow.

However, Julio jones plays hurt all the time. Nothing will stop that man from playing in this game.

As an example of this guys toughness. Several years ago, he smoked (a still productive) Antonio Cromartie on a deep route. The pass wound up going incomplete. Cromartie decided to talk trash to Mr. Jones as he believe to have stopped him (bad throw actually). Unbeknownst to everyone, except Julio, at the time. He just broke a bone in his foot on that play. Instead of checking out and seeking immediate medical assistance. He stayed in the game & on the very next play, he runs the same route. Burns him for about 40+ yard gainer. Then kindly informs him who the best receiver in the game is. 

Moral of story, Julio is the best receiver in the league. You'll see this for yourself as well as entire country in 13 days and counting :) 

Ah man, this is going to be a fun two weeks. So Matt is going to be throwing in double coverage to Julio, who's going to later tap out to injury because he's facing the big, bad Patriots? I can respect your fandom (well, actually I don't) and all but to say those things is nothing short of bad comedy. Ask around, son. Ask the Denver Broncos what they think of the Falcons' offense. Ask the Seattle Seahawks; you know, those same Seahawks you couldn't even beat at home in prime time. Ask the Carolina Panthers, whose defense was feared before Matt and Julio darn near got their entire secondary fired. There are plenty of fans of opposing teams the Falcons have faced this season who had the exact same thoughts going into their games as you do right now; we've seen all of these kind of posts before... 

'The Falcons are soft, they'll fold as always'

'Their defense is terrible, we'll score at least 40'

'Matt Ryan is a choker, he's Matty Melt'

'Julio is overrated, Odell, Dez, and Antonio Brown are much better'

'Who have the Falcons beat?'

'Our guy has Super Bowl rings, your team lack the playoff experience'

Yep. We've seen this song and dance before. Same song, next verse. I'm pretty sure Buffalo Bill fans were plenty confident before going against those young upstarts in Dallas years ago. Same with Colt fans before those hated Saints came marching in (felt dirty typing that). Tell me that Bronco fans weren't laughing at that 'cute' little 'Legion of Boom' team in Seattle before the kickoff or Ram fans when they met the...wait a minute...

2 hours ago, PatsAreBetter said:

You trust a sample size of 2 games over a season/career? GL 

Brady hasn't been Mr. Flawless in the post season. His TD-INT during this regular season is not indicative of his ratio in the post season which is more like 2-1 all time. Aaron Rodgers wasn't making many mistakes, until he ran into us. And we all know he's better than Brady. 

2 hours ago, PatsAreBetter said:

Julio Jones will be tapping out of this game with an "injury" when the going gets tough.

yea I know right. Remember that time he caught the ball landing on his head and had to stay out 2 plays to eat a power bar. He is such a fragile guy.

I would think the better argument is to petition the NFL to prove julio is not a robot.

Edited by WreckageChild
4 hours ago, PatsAreBetter said:

You have more weapons but you also have a quarterback who turns the ball over more than ours and the Patriots under Belichick/Brady are 16-0 in the playoffs when +1 or better in the turnover battle.

See your doing it again your having a look at the past and not living in the now.I think you'll find Ryan is probably the hottest QB coming in right now.He just put the other hottest guy to the sword last week and did the same to Wilson whose been good of late also.

Dont sleep on Ryan man your doing what the media is doing the last few weeks waiting for Ryan to fall after making statements like the TOer one your making above.

4 hours ago, PatsAreBetter said:

You trust a sample size of 2 games over a season/career? GL 

Yes he is because the past doesn't matter it's what's going on now.

We all know what your team has done in the past no Falcons fan is disputing that.All the above is mentioning is what's going on now.

The narrative is that Ryan is not a win in the play-off guy and his history would suggest that.The flipside is that was then this now.Ryan isn't the same guy his history suggests.

I think the media portrays him the same way.

24 minutes ago, Dirtybird56 said:

I guarantee you Julio sees bracket coverage. He let Butler go 1v1 for a quarter or 2 against AB and Butler held up very well, but you won't see him do that against Julio. He will have a guy press him at the line and always have a safety shaded over the top, similar to what he did in 2013

I think this will more than likely happen. From what I've read they doubled Antonio Brown all game and he 'only' had 7 for 77. With no Bell and Brown doubled Pittsburgh didn't have any real offensive weapons to turn to. If they want to assign a safety to Julio all game so be it. He'll still beat the double if need be. But more importantly everyone else will be singled up and we'll destroy it. 

At the end of the day it comes down to protection. If Matt has time, they dont have bodies to stop us. No real pass rusher to speak of (Long is more hustle than substance at this point). So, If Matt stays clean, we put hopefully put up enough points. Forcing them to press, get desperate, and hopefully make mistakes. 

13 minutes ago, Slappywhite said:

Id worry about the two midgets Edelman and Amendola running across the middle on us,  better keep their heads on a swivel, and count all those dropped balls.

Neal laid 'hands' upon #88 for the packers. He left the game never to be seen or heard from again. I hope 22 decimates one or both of those option route running midgets. 

If he's smart he will double Julio all game and make someone else beat them. There's absolutely no doubt Julio will destroy any defense. At least if you make someone else step up there's the possibility of failure on their part. Even then I'm confident the other guys will step up. It's the lesser of two evils in my opinion. I can't wait to see how this game gets called.

9 minutes ago, fuego said:

It's really irrelevant. Who won the game?

Its not irrelevant in that they couldn't "stop" TO. So for those in the media, saying that they will devise a plan to stop JU? I'm calling BS, using what TO did to them as a comparison. They couldn't stop a one man show in TO, they'll **** sure not stop JU & the rest of the gang.