Jump to content

Belichick couldn’t “stop” TO, why would he ‘stop’ Julio


Recommended Posts

He had 9 for 122 coming off of a broken leg. Julio should be 100% healthy and in his prime when the game kicks off. It can be argued that that pats defense was better then (at least more name recognition) than the current roster. I would think Ty Law at that time is better than Malcom Butler is today. So I’m calling BS with all of this talking about Belichick “genius” in somehow taking Julio away.

This year we’ve witnessed top 10 defenses double and triple Julio. Sometimes he’d still light them up. While other times we’ve gone away from him and still won. Personally, I’d doubt uncle Bill would compromise his defensive scheme to take away one man. If he did, Ryan cuts his team up like Sunday dinner on the backside of the field as a result. That’s not me speaking as a fan but, what I/we’ve all witness all year long with the birds.

Using TO as a point of reference (I think I just threw up in my mouth). They pats don’t have enough bullets in their gun to stop JU. Unlike the eagles where TO was their primary weapon. While we have a great deal more diverse offensive weapons to feature and attack them with.

At the end of the day, I think they’ll hit us with all kinds of smoke and mirrors mixing up coverages and the like. We’ll adjust and attack as we have all year long. I believe this course of action resulted producing the #7 scoring offense of all time so, I like our chances.  All in all, for the media to spin that the pats will in anyway stop Julio or us as a whole? I think is totally inaccurate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PatsAreBetter said:

He also forced McNabb to throw 3 picks by forcing the ball into double coverage and covered guys, forgot to add that bit.

One mistake is all it's forcing it to Julio and it could be ball game, could easily get a hollow hundred just like TO.

No I didn't forget that part. Instead I mentioned that we have more offensive weapons than they did :) . Other than TO, off the top of my head, what did they have? Freddie some scrub or another at WR. Duce Staley at RB. Oh, and Mr. Vomit in the huddle McNabb at QB. Yea, I like my odds over the production of that group on the big stage. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, A Pimp Named Slickback™ said:

Don't NE run a 3-4? I'm not sure how effectively they can rush AND cover. We are going to come out in formations that's going to force their hand one way or another.

Yes they are a 3-4 team. I thought the packers were also but, dont quote me there. The chargers and raiders I believe were as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PatsAreBetter said:

You have more weapons but you also have a quarterback who turns the ball over more than ours and the Patriots under Belichick/Brady are 16-0 in the playoffs when +1 or better in the turnover battle.

Now if you'd like to debate historic facts? Go right ahead, facts are facts and nobody is arguing that. The baseline of my comparison is simply between your coverage of TO vs our easily comparable Julio.

Speaking in the now however I must point these stats out to you:

QB comparison, 2017 playoffs...
Matt Ryan: 365 yards/game, 7 TD, 0 INT, 132.6 QBR
Tom Brady: 336 yards/game, 5 TD, 2 INT, 99.5 QBR

Obviously we'll see who blinks first in terms of turnovers in 13 days. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, PatsAreBetter said:

He also forced McNabb to throw 3 picks by forcing the ball into double coverage and covered guys, forgot to add that bit.

One mistake forcing it to Julio in double coverage and it could be ball game, could easily get a hollow hundred just like TO.

You clearly haven't been watching us at all.  If you double Julio we will take advantage of other matchups.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, theDIRTYcode said:

I'm counting on Belichick to take away the Jet. Our defense is gonna be paramount in this game. Hit Brady like we did Rodgers, and we've got a shot at this. 

We can score points, just don't need TB12 sitting back there making sandwiches all day thinking about how he's gonna stick the trophy up Goodells ***.

See, I just still don’t ‘get’ the taking away of Juilo thing. I say that because he plays all 3 WR positions and we move him around so much in Kyles system. I mean, feel free to try and all. As I said earlier, to truly restrict or eliminate Ju? You have to compromise your defense to keep him under wraps. In doing that you now have Sanu / Gabriel / Free / Coleman / Hooper / etc in man 2 man. Ryan will cut that up all day. ****, what do I know, I’m just a fan. But I can’t see uncle Bill doing that…..well, not for long stretches anyway.

I’m 100% with you about the defense. I’m hoping and praying our front 4 can get home on brady. Per all of the experts on each of your favorite sports networks? There are only 3 ‘elite’ QB’s in the league now. Brady, Bree’s, and Rodgers.

By my last count? We’re 4-0 against two of these elite QB’s………just sayin J

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Waterjabbers said:

You clearly haven't been watching us at all.  If you double Julio we will take advantage of other matchups.

 

 

He hasn't been watching.

 

Just talking out of his @ss because he is scared that the Falcons are a formidable threat to the "All mighty Pats" and their potential 5th SB title.

 

He and everyone else can talk all they want. No one thought that Eli and the Giants would beat the Pats in the SB, let alone twice. The Seahawks were one play away from doing so.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

 

 

He hasn't been watching.

 

Just talking out of his @ss because he is scared that the Falcons are a formidable threat to the "All mighty Pats" and their potential 5th SB title.

 

He and everyone else can talk all they want. No one thought that Eli and the Giants would beat the Pats in the SB, let alone twice. The Seahawks were one play away from doing so.

Yeah, and we aren't throwing a pick at the one yard line.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, dynobot77 said:

He had 9 for 122 coming off of a broken leg. Julio should be 100% healthy and in his prime when the game kicks off. It can be argued that that pats defense was better then (at least more name recognition) than the current roster. I would think Ty Law at that time is better than Malcom Butler is today. So I’m calling BS with all of this talking about Belichick “genius” in somehow taking Julio away.

 

This year we’ve witnessed top 10 defenses double and triple Julio. Sometimes he’d still light them up. While other times we’ve gone away from him and still won. Personally, I’d doubt uncle Bill would compromise his defensive scheme to take away one man. If he did, Ryan cuts his team up like Sunday dinner on the backside of the field as a result. That’s not me speaking as a fan but, what I/we’ve all witness all year long with the birds.

 

Using TO as a point of reference (I think I just threw up in my mouth). They pats don’t have enough bullets in their gun to stop JU. Unlike the eagles where TO was their primary weapon. While we have a great deal more diverse offensive weapons to feature and attack them with.

 

At the end of the day, I think they’ll hit us with all kinds of smoke and mirrors mixing up coverages and the like. We’ll adjust and attack as we have all year long. I believe this course of action resulted producing the #7 scoring offense of all time so, I like our chances.  All in all, for the media to spin that the pats will in anyway stop Julio or us as a whole? I think is totally inaccurate.

 

how many games this year did this Falcons team win, when JJ was held to under 60 yards or didn't even play? is "all of them" a sufficient answer?

 

yeah, go ahead and make stopping julio jones the #1 focus, he won't care if he only has a few catches/yards as long as he gets a ring.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, PatsAreBetter said:

You have more weapons but you also have a quarterback who turns the ball over more than ours and the Patriots under Belichick/Brady are 16-0 in the playoffs when +1 or better in the turnover battle.

Your QB is a statue in the pocket. We also have a pass rush that gave a better packers Line fits. He might be forced into a few errors.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, papachaz said:

how many games this year did this Falcons team win, when JJ was held to under 60 yards or didn't even play? is "all of them" a sufficient answer?

 

yeah, go ahead and make stopping julio jones the #1 focus, he won't care if he only has a few catches/yards as long as he gets a ring.....

Exactly my point. Thus, I'm not buying this 'belichick will stop julio' nonsense. Even if he could, which he can't, he'd have to compromise everyone else on the defense. We've proven all year long that we can win with JU going for 300 or for 29. Pick your poison uncle bill. 

Pats fans and the media are cocky based on past success by the franchise. Fuled even further by their complete lack of knowledge on the 2016-2017 falcons. Which will annoyed the **** out of our fanbase for the next 13 days. However, come kick off? With Ryan is in the gun, with Julio / Sanu / Gabriel / Hooper / Free spread out wide? All of that cockiness and smarmy entitlement that they've enjoyed will disappear quickly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

 

 

He hasn't been watching.

 

Just talking out of his @ss because he is scared that the Falcons are a formidable threat to the "All mighty Pats" and their potential 5th SB title.

 

He and everyone else can talk all they want. No one thought that Eli and the Giants would beat the Pats in the SB, let alone twice. The Seahawks were one play away from doing so.

You should have expected a Masshole or 2 to infect the board. They know nothing about this team. So talking out of his @ss is a very Boston thing to do, and I expect we'll see more of this as the SB draws closer.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...