I surprised myself just now. I was listening to some commentator say the game would be close. Normally, I'd agree, and I'd be a bit skeerd of the mighty Patriots.

But the surprise was when my brain said, "Nope, I don't think so."

The Patriots are good. The best team we've played all year. 

But did you SEE our offense? They will not be able to stop us. It will be high scoring. But we're going to beat them by at least 15 points in another dominant performance.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Part of me thinks it won't be close, but then another part of me realizes that Brady and his offense is better than the past two teams we've faced. I don't think his receivers will be dropping balls like the Packers did. I just think our D is gonna have a better challenge this game. 

I was extremely confident last Sunday and felt a comfortable win (>10 points) was the most likely outcome. I don't feel that way about the Super Bowl. 

New England"s Defense is far superior to what Green Bay had. They were even statistically better (and healthier) than what Seattle had in the divisional round. Yes, the Falcons had success even against the top defenses in the league, but that scoring success was roughly a TD less than the season average (26 to 34). Scoring 35 on the Patriots would more than double what they gave up on average and be a HUGE result for ATL. 28-31 points is much more likely against NE than 38-41. 

The Patriots Offense will be not be one-dimensional. Regardless of what the score is, they are not going to have only 3 rushing attempts in the first half. Their passing attack is designed to accomplish exactly what the DQ cover 3 allows - short passing. Whether ATL can tackle quickly and prevent 4-5 yard passes from becoming 8-12 yard gains will determine whether the Patriots score 21 or 31. 

While both teams have a LOT of new faces that will be playing in their first Super Bowl, New England has more experience. It's not unreasonable to think that those drops by Robinson and Gabriel vs Green Bay - which were unlike them given the sure hands each showed during the season - were the result of NFCCG jitters. The Super Bowl will be like that × 100 in terms of spotlight. 

The over/under of 59.5 and point spread of 3 seems reasonable to me, because 31-28 or 33-27 is what I expect.

I'll be shocked if either team wins by double digits. I do think the Falcons can win. But New England is a step up from the competition (and vice versa). 

4 hours ago, DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins said:

I surprised myself just now. I was listening to some commentator say the game would be close. Normally, I'd agree, and I'd be a bit skeerd of the mighty Patriots.

But the surprise was when my brain said, "Nope, I don't think so."

The Patriots are good. The best team we've played all year. 

But did you SEE our offense? They will not be able to stop us. It will be high scoring. But we're going to beat them by at least 15 points in another dominant performance.

Pass the doobie

KK you sound like a realist!  Agree with everything you said. Atlanta MUST stop the run, and ATL MUST score TD's. If that happens, Brady will get hit. 

NE has little quick guys catching the ball. I expect the Atlanta defense will continue to punish receivers. They have all year.  Minimize missed tackles and they will get hit a lot. Then you will see some alagator arms and drops. 

Brady is a firey competitor, but he is beatable. This game comes down to Atlanta's young defense stopping the run early, and making every tackle. 

The wild card for NE is that Atlanta can score a lot of points and even come back from large deficits. Atlanta belongs in the championship game and Quinn will have them ready. 

It's a hard one to call for me but with us having a Battle tested schedule and the Pats having more of a drive-by murderers schedule I feel that we have the ability to do what we've been doing, put pressure on Brady's offense to keep up, and our defense plays lights out when they have a lead and can play without worry. 

If you look at our defense since the bye they have been playing like the LOB slightly lite. They don't fuk around and while the offense had some jitters the defense came out in smash mode. 

I honestly feel if we play our game we can win by 10-15. Brady can't nickel and dime us and bubble screen us all game. 

With their schedule and the way our defense has been playing I consider our defenses basically equal. 

Edited by droopy1592
2 hours ago, FalconAge said:

If we win it will be Vic and Hageman to do it.

He's gonna put a extra body on Vic to make him ineffective. The rest of the defensive line will really have to step up though. If we can't get pressure on Brady we're done. They need to have the game of their lives basically lol.

KK you're right. Bill is gonna spread the defense out and dink and dunk us down the field. Tackling will be crucial, they can take a 4 yard pass and turn it into 10-12 yards. The Pats will present a unique challenge to us because they can play any game you want. We have to get to Brady early and often. Get in his  head and make him feel phantom pressure.

Get me 15-20 hits on Brady and I feel good about our chances. 

I'm wavering on how I feel our offense will do this game.  Their defense isn't special but it's really good.  Sound disciplined defense.  We won't get away with drops and throwing it into dbs hands like we did against greenbay. 

On the other side,  they can do pretty much whatever they want depending on what we show them. Blount is playing beast mode level,  and their Lil receivers can murder our zone coverage.  

No doubt this is the toughest game we've had all year,  but hey its supposed to be..cawse we in da superbowl baby!!

in years past in big games our guys seem to play scared, play not to loose, play in awe of the opposing team. i don't see that this year, especially in the last several games. even in games they lost this year... this team has been set on KILL mode for weeks....my only concern is playing  a soft defense... i dont want to see any rush 2 or rush 3 and drop everyone else... that will play into Tom's hands....  get after his butt, stay After his butt all game, if they can sack him 3 or 4 time our boys win...

their little munchkin receiver worry me but if we KILL Brady(or one of them) problem solved...

24 minutes ago, FalconMama said:

KK you're right. Bill is gonna spread the defense out and dink and dunk us down the field. Tackling will be crucial, they can take a 4 yard pass and turn it into 10-12 yards. The Pats will present a unique challenge to us because they can play any game you want.

Get me 15-20 hits on Brady and I feel good about our chances. 

The more the merrier but 15-20 ain,t happening. NE's Oline is tough. Get me 5 and I'll feel good.

38 minutes ago, EVIL Dan Quinn said:

I'm wavering on how I feel our offense will do this game.  Their defense isn't special but it's really good.  Sound disciplined defense.  We won't get away with drops and throwing it into dbs hands like we did against greenbay. 

On the other side,  they can do pretty much whatever they want depending on what we show them. Blount is playing beast mode level,  and their Lil receivers can murder our zone coverage.  

No doubt this is the toughest game we've had all year,  but hey its supposed to be..cawse we in da superbowl baby!!

If we play zone against Brady then we shouldn't bother making the trip. We will get embarrassed. 

I don't either.  Said the same thing about the Packers game.  Aaron Rodgers and Brady are very different QBs, but I'd venture to say Rodgers has a faster trigger and can extend plays with his legs. Now Brady is a statue, imagine the beating he'll take sitting in the pocket (just like Rodgers got). The Patriots probably think they can prepare for us like they'd do against the Seachickens, but they'll be in for a rude awakening.

Good luck with that might wanna search what happened to the Bills K-Gun and the Rams greatest show on turf in the Super Bowl.

Might want to check the history of the number 1 offense in the Super Bowl.

You lost to the Chargers and Chiefs, now you're going to be another notch on the Brady/Belichick bedpost just another Eagles/Panthers/Seahawks who came in all arrogant and got that *** tapped.

Edited by PatsAreBetter