Capitalist

Super Bowl Ticket Lottery Loser

77 posts in this topic

+1 for no calls.

Our sample size isn't looking good. One would assume that the real odds were actually much worse than 1 out of 5.

2 minutes ago, cyberlian said:

+1 for no calls.

Our sample size isn't looking good. One would assume that the real odds were actually much worse than 1 out of 5.

I've about come to that conclusion myself. It would be very interesting to see just how many STH accounts were selected to receive SB tickets. I wouldn't be interested in names, but I would like to know how the tickets were distributed by seniority of STH accounts.

In the absence of a major law suit, we'd probably have better luck learning the details of nuclear weapons.

I guess they had to call But honestly, This would have been more of an OUTSTANDING surprise than a disappointment.  

They didn't have to apologize because I didn't win.

5 hours ago, Robb4242 said:

So, since I"m not winning any lottery, decided to go to Vegas for the game.  Anybody else headed out west?

Hope you already got your hotel room. Super Bowl weekend in Las Vegas is bigger than New Year's Eve.

Robb4242 likes this

Been reading this board but i rarely post. This was my first season as a season ticket holder and I won the lottery. I am not saying this to gloat or make anybody feel bad, but rather to tell people that the raffle actually works.

I was actually surprised when we got the call yesterday morning. I won the lottery to get 2 season tickets for cost price 2200 total for both tickets. They are nosebleed seats in Section 600 and we plan to attend. 

7 minutes ago, bigsam06 said:

Been reading this board but i rarely post. This was my first season as a season ticket holder and I won the lottery. I am not saying this to gloat or make anybody feel bad, but rather to tell people that the raffle actually works.

I was actually surprised when we got the call yesterday morning. I won the lottery to get 2 season tickets for cost price 2200 total for both tickets. They are nosebleed seats in Section 600 and we plan to attend. 

Congratulations! That is awesome. I assume you meant "Super Bowl" tickets instead of "season tickets". Yell loud and Rise Up!

1 minute ago, esmithidoc said:

Congratulations! That is awesome. I assume you meant "Super Bowl" tickets instead of "season tickets". Yell loud and Rise Up!

yes super bowl.

1 hour ago, bigsam06 said:

Congratulations you lucky ****! 

Edited by Tiny Black Dog
Jailbreak Blitz likes this

1 hour ago, Falcon Freddie said:

Hope you already got your hotel room. Super Bowl weekend in Las Vegas is bigger than New Year's Eve.

yep, got it yesterday, staying at the Luxor.  Still some good deals left if you package deal through the airlines (I used Delta vacations).

11=team likes this

I have inherited my Dad's Account that was active since day one in 1966.  We currently have 4 tickets, but while he was alive, we typically had no less than 10.  We have 6 PSLs in the Piedmont Club for next year.  I say all that as a prelude to the fact that we were not picked in the lottery.  

Before I heard, I sent an e-mail to the Falcons asking about the process.  Interestingly, their season ticket database only goes back to 1976.  So, your "priority" such as it mattered, was capped by that date.  In their response, they made note of the size of the season ticket base of 60,000 plus, and how the allotment couldn't possibly serve everyone, but did not say what the allotment was and how the seniority factored into the lottery.

I am happy for those that "won" and more than happy to watch the Birds in the Super Bowl from any venue (As I was not much help to them in Miami the last time)

Congrats Bigsam06. Just goes to show you how crazy lottery drawings can be. One chance vs STHs with 36 or more chances and you hit. Some people spend their paychecks every week on Powerball tickets and the person who decides to buy a ticket on a whim wins the jackpot. Good on ya'.

I don't think anyone has insinuated that the process was rigged, just that the pool of tickets available to the STHs was a tiny fraction of the 17.5 percent allotted to the owner.

Has anyone figured out the ratio so far? One in?

27 minutes ago, Old fan said:

Has anyone figured out the ratio so far? One in?

From what I have read, no team has released what percentage of their 17.5% of tickets, were made available to Stay in a long time. 

I don't think teams want that number out there.

We know they get 12-13k.

3k go to the onLocation NFl travel broker. I imagine even more go to other travel brokers that teams have deals with like Primesports.

Of course, tons go to business partners, sponsors, etc + players, families, friends, staff. Suite owners and certain seat owners for some teams are guaranteed tickets. Not sure about ATL.

I would guess 2-3k are made available for the lottery, but wouldn't be surprised if it is less.

The lawsuit in 2010? maintained that around 1% of SB tickets are made available to the public for face value. 

I think that's too low, or maybe STHs aren't considered the public since it's a prerequisite there.

Edited by jeffro2000

I am a 40-year STH, and a friend who has seats in the row in front of me is also a 40-year STH. Both of us "unfortunately weren't selected", Makes me wonder the weight actually given to seniority AND how many tickets were actually in the lottery this time.  Especially after all employees were treated with tickets and players were able to buy their limits.

Jailbreak Blitz likes this

well I have been sending in the good ole card entry to the nfl (super bowl lottery) every year for like 10yrs and have gotten used to "sorry you were not picked"

so was fully expecting the same result from the Falcons and when I received the phone call I knew it was going to be more a sales pitch vs. good news(and it was) so had to pay up and buy from a broker (broker I think is the term to use after you buy the tickets lol) but it will be the only time i will go to a super bowl and would love to see the Falcons stomp the "Brady Bunch" (we need 1 ring a He11 of a lot more than they need a 5th)

Go Falcons

jeffro2000 likes this

3 hours ago, Mr. Tu said:

I have inherited my Dad's Account that was active since day one in 1966.  We currently have 4 tickets, but while he was alive, we typically had no less than 10.  We have 6 PSLs in the Piedmont Club for next year.  I say all that as a prelude to the fact that we were not picked in the lottery.  

Before I heard, I sent an e-mail to the Falcons asking about the process.  Interestingly, their season ticket database only goes back to 1976.  So, your "priority" such as it mattered, was capped by that date.  In their response, they made note of the size of the season ticket base of 60,000 plus, and how the allotment couldn't possibly serve everyone, but did not say what the allotment was and how the seniority factored into the lottery.

I am happy for those that "won" and more than happy to watch the Birds in the Super Bowl from any venue (As I was not much help to them in Miami the last time)

I thought I heard somewhere that you received one lottery "entry" for each year of tickets. Did anyone else hear that?

But that sure doesn't seem like the case when the only person who replied that hit the lottery bought tickets last year, and we have multiple members with multiple years of tickets who got shut out.

I thought the way they treated seniority for the PSL pricing (no discount consideration) was shameful. This appears to be about the same. I hate to bring up negative feelings after such an amazing, exciting win. But this SUCKS.

On 1/23/2017 at 2:45 PM, FalconMama said:

Someone posted in the Falcons group on Facebook that they won. How cool.

I posted on facebook to show other ticket holders that it is legit!!!! I always thought up to I heard the voice recording that i had won the chance to purchase tickets that only the high dollar seats and the club and suite owners got these tickets. I was wrong!!! I sit front row lower level end zone but I have had season tickets for 26 years. I am planning on making the trip to see our Falcons take this. Man got the tickets at face value but everything else in Houston is rediculiously priced 

The last two playoff games we were amazingly loud, and quite frankly I think we were the 12th man and woman that helped get them 'juiced' to win. If he wants a SB ring he'd be smart to buy up the remaining tickets and sell them to ATL fans for 1/2 price. Good PR, write it off as a business expense. 

Edited by lidsville_falcon

7 hours ago, since68andcounting said:

I thought I heard somewhere that you received one lottery "entry" for each year of tickets. Did anyone else hear that?

But that sure doesn't seem like the case when the only person who replied that hit the lottery bought tickets last year, and we have multiple members with multiple years of tickets who got shut out.

I thought the way they treated seniority for the PSL pricing (no discount consideration) was shameful. This appears to be about the same. I hate to bring up negative feelings after such an amazing, exciting win. But this SUCKS.

My understanding is that you did get extra entries for each year that you had season tickets, but there were still a lot of people "entered" and really not all that many tickets. It's kind of like increasing the number of Lotto tickets you buy; it does increase your odds, but you are still unlikely to win. It does look like prices are trending down though.  Many of the "cheaper" seats are partially obstructed view, so be careful,what you buy!

16 hours ago, bigsam06 said:

Copy of the email and/or the overnight letter that was sent or it didn't happen... :) 

I was reading the Pats message board and they have a lot more experience with Super Bowls than we do. Same complaints and frustrations that have been expressed here. Claims that the owner sets aside a big block of tickets for "club" members (suite owners?) and that STHs get a crack at only about 500-1,000 tickets.

On the positive side, they think the neutral fans (at least those who will actually pay attention to the game) will be cheering for the Falcons because the Pats have won more than their share of Super Bowls.

jeffro2000 likes this

It has to be the suite owners.

what is it 65 players including PS? 10 tickets each is only 650.

I read somewhere about 1k went to staff.

3k went to the resale group based on links provided.

That still leaves over 7k out of the original 12,600.

My guess is the corporate sponsors that bought the suites got over 5000 tickets. They'll all be sitting in Houston checking the stock quotes. 

Screw it.

I am a winner! Got a recorded mssg that came from the 404 falcons account services phone number. I then got an email and yesterday received a letter via fed ex and will pick up my tickets Fri morning from the dome!!!I am a 10 year season ticket holder in the upper level. I have reserved my PSL (upper level)

I am out of my mind with joy and will represent for the falcons like no other!! RISE UP

JG2008 and beyondsane like this

On 1/24/2017 at 7:17 AM, bigsam06 said:

I won as well. Im in 641, same cost as you. Wondering if we are all in same section?

bigsam06 likes this

I am also a lucky lottery winner. I've been in Sec 130 for the past 8 years. I'll be in 548 in Houston so they definitely did not put us all in the same section.

I am so pumped. I can't believe my luck.

bigsam06 likes this