Capitalist

Super Bowl Ticket Lottery Loser

77 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Capitalist said:

He's buying those tickets- they didn't come from the lottery.     I think what he's doing there is amazing.    Way to motivate and cultivate loyalty!

Just now, Tandy said:

He's buying those tickets- they didn't come from the lottery.     I think what he's doing there is amazing.    Way to motivate and cultivate loyalty!

Wow...  If he is paying stubhub prices...  He is very generous...

5 minutes ago, Capitalist said:

He's got money to spare haha

6 minutes ago, Capitalist said:

Highly doubt it.  NFL owners have some strings to pull.  Face value I'm sure. 

DD: Objective Elite likes this

Each participating team gets 17.5% of tickets (maybe more/less this yr) and they do with them as they please. Give them to staffers, friends, family, corporations, sponsors, season ticket holder lottery,etc is my understanding.

A lot also gets sold to travel partners that sell the $3000-$5000 packages you see with the team getting a %. This is the area most people take issue with. Those could be face value tickets 

The Falcons do purchase them from the league for face value I believe.

I could be wrong but that's how it use to work I thought. They got sued years ago for it. It was said less than 1% of tickets are made available to the public for face value. Really a shame.

Edited by jeffro2000

46 minutes ago, Capitalist said:

Just got a call from 855-201-1689 saying I WASN'T selected. So don't get too excited if you get a call with a strange number.

I just got that message in my voicemail. I was starting to get hyped until "unfortunately your account was not selected." I was like "then why the heck did you call me in the first place?"

I'm a loser as well, I wasn't planning on going but I figured I'd add my name to the list here.   Nice they at least followed up to avoid phone calls/confusion.  I wonder if Seniority was really taken into account as much as a "did they buy a PSL". :lol:

papachaz likes this

Got the same call. I'm a bit surprised that I wouldn't be in the top 17 percent of STHs seniority. They probably popped a few out to the big money PSL buyers and converted most of the tickets to expensive "packages" that are little more than a ticket and worthless fluff. That's OK, i have gotten used to getting screwed by the organization...

7 minutes ago, Capitalist said:

I had both...  No dice

Did you buy the $45,000.00 PSL or a suite? (Rhetorical question)

Edited by Old fan

4 minutes ago, jeffro2000 said:

Not so sure he is "buying" those either. Each team gets 17.5% of tickets (maybe more/less this yr) and they do with them as they please. Give them to staffers, friends, family, corporations, sponsors, and season ticket holder lottery is my understanding.

I could be wrong but that's how it use to work I thought.

The majority of the tickets the teams receive are now "sold" to the "On Location"  group for brokering this year according to some information I ran across while seeking tickets.    Apparently - the owners have a "part ownership" of this - and that's where they are all going to according to what I read.   I have visited a lot of locations and it was on the road on the way home - so I'll see if I can locate it again - it was pretty informative.

jeffro2000 likes this

5 minutes ago, Tandy said:

The majority of the tickets the teams receive are now "sold" to the "On Location"  group for brokering this year according to some information I ran across while seeking tickets.    Apparently - the owners have a "part ownership" of this - and that's where they are all going to according to what I read.   I have visited a lot of locations and it was on the road on the way home - so I'll see if I can locate it again - it was pretty informative.

OK, so that's like the travel/hospitality broker thing right where they give you the whole package?

If so, that's what people take issue with. Instead of letting someone buy tickets at face and make own accomadtions, you have to buy these packages which the owners get piece of. 

So the team gets 13,000 tickets, priorities get taken care of (players families, employees, VIP partners, etc) some go in the STH Lottery, and the rest "sold" to this company.

I think that was the primary contention of the lawsuit. The amount sold to these travel brokers. 

5 minutes ago, jeffro2000 said:

OK, so that's like the travel/hospitality broker thing right where they give you the whole package?

If so, that's what people take issue with. Instead of letting someone buy tickets at face and make own accomadtions, you have to buy these packages which the owners get piece of. 

So the team gets 13,000 tickets, priorities get taken care of (players families, employees, VIP partners, etc) some go in the STH Lottery, and the rest "sold" to this company.

I think that was the primary contention of the lawsuit. The amount sold to these travel brokers. 

The packages I saw were just a ticket and some parties. No hotel room, no travel. Correct me if I am wrong.

Shelley#37 likes this

1 minute ago, Old fan said:

The packages I saw were just a ticket and some parties. No hotel room, no travel. Correct me if I am wrong.

I don't know bro. I'm an educator, so they are out of my price range regardless.