The Complete Idiots Guide to Packer Excuses for losing the NFC Championship Game...

Spts1

Image result for idiot's guide

The media is STILL on this...:lol:  I know i'm missing some...

1.  The Fog.

2. The Atlanta Airport.

3. The Flu.

4. Jordy's Ribs.

5. Can't get up for two playoff games in a row.

6. Rodgers is the only talent they have.

7. Everybody is hurt.

8. The secondary is falling apart.

9. They can't run the ball.

10. They don't have enough team speed.

Edited by slickgadawg

2 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

Image result for idiot's guide

The media is STILL on this...:lol:  I know i'm missing some...

1.  The Fog.

2. The Atlanta Airport.

3. The Flu.

4. Jordy's Ribs.

5. Can't get up for two playoff games in a row.

6. Rodgers is the only talent they have.

7. Everybody is hurt.

8. The secondary is falling apart.

9. They can't run the ball.

10. They don't have enough team speed.

Never forget:

4 minutes ago, urban_achiever said:

Packers fan here at work, first thing he said to me this morning is "they didn't call that saftey on Collins, changed the game". I laughed so hard.

Sorry he stripped and recovered the ball and they didn't give GB a safety:rolleyes:

ok things about that, though. first was, did he actually have control and possession outside the endzone? if so, his momentum carried him into the endzone, and the rules allow that to be a touchback. If the rules didn't say that, wouldn't he have been down at the one anyway? which is really what I was expecting them to call...kinda threw me that it was put out at the 20

but yeah, blaming that loss on THAT play is ridiculous

Just now, papachaz said:

ok things about that, though. first was, did he actually have control and possession outside the endzone? if so, his momentum carried him into the endzone, and the rules allow that to be a touchback. If the rules didn't say that, wouldn't he have been down at the one anyway? which is really what I was expecting them to call...kinda threw me that it was put out at the 20

Haven't watched it again but I think he rolled in and was touched. Or at worst if they say he has possession and was touched out of the end zone then Falcons get it inside the 1. Either way Atlanta ball. Whatever, he was grasping straws

24 minutes ago, papachaz said:

but yeah, blaming that loss on THAT play is ridiculous

A series of questions arose when Atlanta Falcons cornerback Jalen Collins recovered a fumble in the end zone midway through the second quarter of the NFC Championship Game.

Should it have been a touchback, as referee Bill Vinovich ruled?

Was it a safety? Or should Collins have been ruled down at the 1-yard line, where he appeared to gain possession of the ball?

All turnovers are reviewed automatically by the NFL's replay review system. In the end, the NFL ruled that Collins' left leg was touching the goal line when he gained full possession of a fumble by Green Bay Packers fullback Aaron Ripkowski. That means Collins was ruled to be in the end zone when he recovered, thus meriting a touchback.

2016 NFL Playoff Coverage

Playoffs

Schedule and top stories for every team
 FiveThirtyEight predictions

In the initial view on the Fox broadcast, it appeared that Collins had recovered the ball prior to that point and then intentionally rolled into the end zone to secure better field position for the Falcons' offense. But the NFL rendered that observation moot by determining that he did not have full possession until his leg touched the goal line.

Based on an initial reading of the NFL rulebook, it doesn't appear that a safety ruling was a possibility in either event. At worst, the Falcons would have lost 19 yards of field position. Here is the applicable rule:

"If a defensive player, in the field of play, intercepts a pass or catches or recovers a fumble, backward pass, scrimmage kick, free kick, or fair catch kick, and his original momentum carries him into his end zone where the ball is declared dead in his team's possession. The ball belongs to the defensive team at the spot where the player’s foot or other body part touched the ground to establish possession."

The play was an enormous turning point in the first half. Instead of potentially reducing the Falcons' lead to 10-7, the Packers soon fell behind 17-0.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/229521/why-the-nfl-granted-falcons-a-touchback-after-packers-fumble

6 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

LMAO at the GB fans and that Collins strip/recovery.  Did it really matter if we had it at the 1 or the 20?  Our TD drive would just have been 19 yards longer.  

Plus, if they really want to moan, we can throw our other fumble recovery in their face... you know, the one we never challenged that showed another clear GB fumble and Falcon recovery!!

21 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

LMAO at the GB fans and that Collins strip/recovery.  Did it really matter if we had it at the 1 or the 20?  Our TD drive would just have been 19 yards longer.  

Plus, if they really want to moan, we can throw our other fumble recovery in their face... you know, the one we never challenged that showed another clear GB fumble and Falcon recovery!!

I no longer worry about getting the ball at the one yard line. LOL. I actually quite enjoy it.

I don't think of it as excuses.  On paper those are some of the reasons they lost just like on paper the better team won and won decisively.  Some of the media thought they might pull off an upset because of the upset they pulled in Dallas where, on paper, the better team lost.  They got caught up in the narrative of "running the table" which I admit was amazing. 

No one will connect the dots because it was Rodgers but I feel like we took some of the shine off of Dallas' season with the clinic we put on yesterday.