Anybody else struggling to work today?

oxygencube

not being productive at all at work.   reading the Falcons boards and checking out the reactions on the Saints and Panthers boards.  I dont know where the Bucs fans post anymore since they shutdown their main messageboards on the official site.  Going back and forth between ESPN and NFL sites.  Got 92.9 streaming on my phone and watching youtube vids when i can.  

1 hour ago, jidady said:

Absolutely. I need to write about 5k words today, and I can't focus AT ALL. I've watched the game twice already.

Ditto, except I haven't watched the game again yet -- I've mostly just sat here staring at the screen. I've written 1,200 words worth of drivel. Worse, it isn't imperative that I get them turned in today, which means I'll be starting from behind the eight-ball tomorrow. 

And we all know how easy it is to write under pressure...

Still, I'm probably more productive than I would be had we lost. 

6 minutes ago, Falconjerome said:

worthless here, i am taking the 6th off cause i know I will do even less that day if that is even possible. Hahahahahahahahaha, this feels amazing!!!!!!!

I was going to do that too, but my boss threw a meeting on the schedule for Monday Feb 2 from 2:30pm to 4:00!! 4-a-**** clock!

The only reason I didn't take time today was because I had some sets I had to follow up on with our kitting department.  Needless to say, the sets are done and nothing else.  

I haven't caught any grief because I am one of 3 Falcons fans amongst a bunch of Cowboy/Packer/Steeler/Patriot/Bama (college only, they hate anything Georgia type) fans.  I don't talk much crap, but they know not to try me when it comes to the Falcons.  Had a run in when I was a temp and wore my shirt after every game (alot of them loses during that bad stretch) and the conversation ended with me telling dude that there was no ***** in my blood.

25 minutes ago, Falcon Ben said:

Ditto, except I haven't watched the game again yet -- I've mostly just sat here staring at the screen. I've written 1,200 words worth of drivel. Worse, it isn't imperative that I get them turned in today, which means I'll be starting from behind the eight-ball tomorrow. 

And we all know how easy it is to write under pressure...

Still, I'm probably more productive than I would be had we lost. 

I hear you. I try to work under hard deadlines because I'm far too lazy about soft ones.