Northeast Media Bias? Beyond Words . . .

HolyMoses

I usually dismiss folks claiming anti Falcon media bias as a reaction to the media not reflecting our own PRO Falcon bias. . . .

But then I saw the screen text on Fox Sports (they have monitors on in the lobby here at Colony Square).  All I could do was stop and take a picture.

Image may contain: 1 person, sitting and indoor

FFS people.

A couple of years ago when the Braves were in the playoffs the coverage was so bad a friend of mine said "dear ESPN, yes, we know the North won the Civil War.  Thanks for reminding us."

It's really ridiculous.  I'm not saying they ought to be fawning all over Ryan or anything, but the slobbering they put on Brady and Rodgers and Manning and so forth is absurd.

11 minutes ago, ElMirage said:

Brady has been to 7 SB's while winning 4. What's the issue here?

Oh. . . No doubt I would take Brady's career over Ryan's.  My point is that the scroll text implies that there was something about Brady's game yesterday that "proves he is clearly the best" QB in the NFL NOW.  By all measurables, Ryan IS performing at a higher level than Brady, MORE so in the playoffs than the regular season. 

In light of Ryan's performance yesterday, using Brady's game as some sort of bench mark that moved him ahead of the pack is absurd.

The only quarterback I would might have chosen as my QB over Ryan right now got shut out in the first half in the Dome yesterday.  The only thing Brady has over Ryan going into the Superbowl is his experience (no small thing, of course.)  But Ryan is performing at the highest level in the NFL.

3 minutes ago, holymoses said:

Oh. . . No doubt I would take Brady's career over Ryan's.  My point is that the scroll text implies that there was something about Brady's game yesterday that "proves he is clearly the best" QB in the NFL NOW.  By all measurables, Ryan IS performing at a higher level than Brady, MORE so in the playoffs than the regular season. 

In light of Ryan's performance yesterday, using Brady's game as some sort of bench mark that moved him ahead of the pack is absurd.

The only quarterback I would might have chosen as my QB over Ryan right now got shut out in the first half in the Dome yesterday.  The only thing Brady has over Ryan going into the Superbowl is his experience (no small thing, of course.)  But Ryan is performing at the highest level in the NFL.

Nothing in your post proves what that text says or implies wrong. Take off your homer glasses. Brady had a game( Matt had a better game but it doesn't matter). You would not say Cam is better or even in the same conversation as being better than Brady because of his performance last year and the post season would you? Or even his overall  post season record. Text looked like it was something asked as to mean that his performance cemented the fact that he was the best QB in the NFL for reaching the SB again