Already sick of the bandwagon fans.

Ovie_Lover

After all that we've been through with this organization we deserve every good thing coming our way.  If that means a few extra fans and media following come on. I went to other teams message boards and it feels good to see them ohh and awe over our team. We've been through h*ll and back with this team so I'm going to enjoy every minute of this.  I think it's hilarious reading how we're going to get destroyed in 2 weeks from other fans when their team is sitting at home. You won't steal my joy lol.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, NeonDeion said:

It's a great thing. We will get more national media. You also end up getting some diehards if they are growing up right now and don't have a team 

Yeah i don't understand the hate for bandwagon fans. Sure it's better if a person is a fan through good times and bad but why on earth would anyone actually complain about the team gaining in popularity...regardless of how "pure" the fans are? If you are complaining about bandwagon fans...you are essentially saying you want LESS people watching, liking, or paying attention to our team..and that seems nuts to me. More fans, of any kind, equals more national exposure and more respect when things go well.. For example,  the team/ryan was  doing impressive things much of the year but the national media didn't pay attention to it. 

I guess in many ways it's an ego thing for some but it personally does not bother me one bit that someone might not be a fan during the bad times even though I am. Plus it just comes across as really arrogant and not cool. 

Fact of the matter is, if there are more bandwagon fans..that means the falcons are doing something right, they are being successful, and more people are paying attention to the team we all love.  if you are truly a falcons fan that  should make you happy.

17 minutes ago, Da_Truth said:

I gotta a crisp new hat...NFC South Champs and ordered a NFC Champions hat last night.  How do you tell the difference between longstanding fans and a bandwagon one?

They know what they are talking about. Like the OP said, the fan stating that they were glad we didnt play the cowboys.

2 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

And this is where the post count on the message board let's you know who's been in it for the long haul...

And, btw, we would have smoked Dallas with the way we played yesterday.

not with all the lost posts from the board changes lol this thing really says I have less than 5000 posts when i made my account over 10 years ago, 15 with a learners permit lol

2 hours ago, high impact said:

Not true, I never knew this site existed till just a few years ago. I been a fan longer the a lot that have been here before me.

Yeah I lurked the forum for years dating back to the McMVP days circa mid2000s I guess. Signed up a few times. Didn't login for several months. Forgot password. Rinse/repeat. Also just moved states and don't have any falcon buddies here. I log on to talk football with you guys

8 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Remember the two message board dudes who were going to meet at Waffle House to fight?  One of them said he would be driving a _____ colored SUV. 

If you don't know what color the SUV was, you're a bandwagoner!

:slick:

You've just scraped an old sore wound, octo...:ninja:

2 hours ago, skeetbird said:

Not necessarily true. I joined way back in 2002-2004 can't remember. I was one of the 12 or so posters asked to come to the Flowery Branch and take part in  helping to choose the then new webpage design. I had a pretty hi post count. When they changed servers a few years after that. I lost all of my post count. Way up in the 2-3000. But was ok with starting over. Wasn't a big deal to me.Still isn't.

I do find it funny.(not you) how some of these younglings try to spank me for starting a thread they don't believe is worthy of their reading. One guy said there should be a post count minimum for people to start threads. All i could do was laugh. I was on here when some of these cats were still wearing braces and wishing Jenny Pig Tails would look at them.

But hey it's all good. Not hating on ya. Just don't judge a person's MB status by his post count.

yeah how many times have us long timers had post counts in the thousands gotten to start over again after a board reset, and didn't get all our posts back. I remember postings and threads back when Cornelius Bennett was playing for us.... and we've reset how many times since?  And I took a few years off from here with several others and went to another board, because one of the board resets made the ads so big on the side it was mostly unbearable (thanks adblock, you're a message board savior). 

2 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I can understand that but at the same time you have over 2,000 posts.

I was talking about the guys with under 200. :)

Woah there...Pause...I'm born and bred in Atlanta and have been a Atlanta sports fan since birth not every fan who has below 200 post is a considered a bandwagon. My whole entire family only goes for Atlanta sports.

7 minutes ago, papachaz said:

yeah how many times have us long timers had post counts in the thousands gotten to start over again after a board reset, and didn't get all our posts back. I remember postings and threads back when Cornelius Bennett was playing for us.... and we've reset how many times since?  And I took a few years off from here with several others and went to another board, because one of the board resets made the ads so big on the side it was mostly unbearable (thanks adblock, you're a message board savior). 

Good times. But, yeah this board is much better.  I actually was asked( when i inquired one of the Mods ) if I recalled my post count and he would manually change it. I said Nah it's no big deal.  Kind of wish i had taken him up on it. But really it's no big deal. 

Some of the names i recall from back then were

Gazoo, DJ11( Cappy ) BiggieFalcon, Mozzie, Rev Hal, Shiney McShine, well quite a few now that I'm thinking about it. B Ellis, Defcon, Clownorg, JStammer, SacFalcfan, ghoticov , direwolf  etc etc

there was this dude name falconmania. he would get kicked and he would come back with a different name and everytime you would know it was him. He talked like he was the Emperor from Star wars. He'd say "Everything is going as I have forseen"   LOL 

3 hours ago, Falcan Moore said:

Better get used to it, good teams get fans. 

Yes sir.

More fans = More exposure. In my state I think there way only maybe one other falcons fan before Ryan Got drafted and we went on to have sustained success lol. Now they're all over the place.

4 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

All I've seen all morning is crisp new Falcon's hats and heard "dude I'm so glad we didn't play Dallas we'd of choked". "Seattle was one play away from beating New England in the superbowl so I know we can beat them since we beat Seattle".

Its a blessing, really. See, those folks with the NEW Falcon hats, they showing you WHO they really are... They just made your job of identifying them easier, thats all...

Edited by slickgadawg

3 hours ago, Slappywhite said:

Most of you know Im a die hard Atlanta fan, i love the Falcons, Braves and Hawks,   I had season tickets to Braves from  1986-1991,  I saw the players come up that would make this the team of the ninties,   early 91, still wasnt many people at games, and day after day many more would come, to the point that it was getting hard to get tickets.  I figured these were just bandwagon fans , but I couldnt afford season tickets anymore after 91 because they just stayed, they just came because of the winning, I think this is whats gonna happen with the Falcons,  remember this as the year that the true fans  jumped on and stayed on, because this team is gonna be good for a long time, Welcome aboard , Atlanta will be a true sports town,  it just takes winning.

Yea, when I was there in the 80s seats were plentiful at Saturday Braves' games, and one could sprawl out, or sit behind the catcher and heckle opposing batters. Cesar Moreno got lambasted by my brother and I one game.

Girl watching was fun too. As a group of guys we were always looking, and would give pretty women a standing O as they walked up the isle.

When the Braves started winning it was too crowded and sweaty to sit next to silent fat guys who were there for the hotdogs and beer.

I will take "Bandwagon" fans over "Fair Weather" fans, any day. 
With the Falcons getting little to no media coverage outside of ATL, a lot of "new" fans are just now becoming aware of the Falcons and how good they are. 
What I can't stomach, are the long time fans that  are fans when the team is wining but disappear into the woodwork when ever the Falcons are losing. 

7 hours ago, Deadmeat said:

Bandwagon fans will help us get more play time on how well we are playing.  More people will want to see us.  It's all good.  Welcome aboard!!

I'll tell you this much.....I live in Lake Charles LA....and these Saints fans are absolutely stoked to see Atlanta whoop the Pats. One made the comment that since the SB is in Houston....this will almost be a home game for Atlanta. The fans are going to go nuts for the Falcons there!