My 2 Favorite Plays from NFC Championship Game

Smiler11

Hageman destroyed their Center and that wasn't the only time. I was so impressed with his play yesterday. If he plays like this every game, then he is the missing piece in this defense.

Obviously the strip and recovery from Collins was a key turning point, but the awareness and knowledge of the rules to roll into the endzone was the difference between starting on the 1 and starting on the 25.  

1 minute ago, JayOzOne said:

There are plenty. I think the play of the game might be Collins' rip because instead of a 10-7 or 10-3 game, it led to a 17-0 lead. That was the tipping point for the team and fans.

It kept ticking me off that they kept referring to that as a Ripkowski fumble throughout the game, like he had put it on the ground or something,

Nah, that was a strip. Ripkowski didn't screw up there. The defender just made the better play.

5 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Hageman scared me on that one play late. The guy just laid there limp like he was dead. I thought he was seriously injured. He got up and walked off though, so I guess he's fine.

It did look bad but I think he was probably just winded after that drive and chasing Rodgers on that play.

I hate to complain after a win but they got away with so much holding yesterday.

5 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Hageman scared me on that one play late. The guy just laid there limp like he was dead. I thought he was seriously injured. He got up and walked off though, so I guess he's fine.

Same here, I guess he was tired. :-) 

But seriously if he wasn't injured he could have made a play as Rodgers scrambled back to the right if I remember.

2 minutes ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

Scared me too.

Although not as badly as when Mack went down.

I FREAKED OUT.

Did you see on the replay how badly he rolled that ankle? Looks like it turned 90 degrees to his leg. I was surprised Mack was out only one play.

26 minutes ago, hjerry said:

I'm not sure if he was hurt or he was acting for something. It was weird.

Not being critical of anyone here, but I also disagree with media calling the strip play a "turning point".  Same idea as saying Ripkowski fumbled like he just was running downfield and spontaneously threw the ball on the ground.  We made that happen.

We were already up 2 scores, so we didn't turn anything around by stopping that drive with a fumble.  We just prevented them gaining any momentum at that point or any other time in the game. Total domination, soul crushing in all phases from start to finish.

11 minutes ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

Despite the faith I have in this offense, don't know about THAT. :D

Luckily, a moot point.

Mack's ankle is apparently made out of rubber just like his QB's.

I was referring to the fact that Garland was in for one play as a result, and the offense didn't miss a beat. He was solid. If not for the drop, we'd have been just as successful on that play as if Mack had never gone out.

1 hour ago, Smiler11 said:

Hageman destroyed their Center and that wasn't the only time. I was so impressed with his play yesterday. If he plays like this every game, then he is the missing piece in this defense.

Obviously the strip and recovery from Collins was a key turning point, but the awareness and knowledge of the rules to roll into the endzone was the difference between starting on the 1 and starting on the 25.  

If that's not on Turning Point this week, I will be very disappointed. 

I liked the flip to Mohamed. Ryan very well could've run that in if he wanted to but I thought the flip was pretty cool.  I saw Tevin score and it was so much going on around me that I didn't notice him run into the tunnel. I guess I was so excited yesterday I got so overwhelmed at times that I felt like I was nearing a anxiety attack. I had to miss a few plays so I could go to the bathroom to collect myself. I was fine after that though.