Injury excuse

JDaveG

It's only the morning after and I'm already tired of hearing it.  "The Packers were playing with one arm behind their back," blah, blah, blah.

Have these people ever heard of Adrian Clayborn?  Derrick Shelby?  Desmond Trufant?  Kemal Ishmael?  Sean Weatherspoon?  

Julio was playing on one leg and STILL torched them for 180 yards and 2 TDs.

Give me a break.

And then Aaron Rodgers whining about how, "they needed to play at home..." when in interviews before the game he claimed, "the noise wouldn't be a factor... blah, blah, blah"

Yeah, I mean, how could you not wake up this morning and see the sports media vomiting out excuse after excuse after excuse.

You know who didn't make any excuses?

Mike McCarthy. 

Edited by Radiohead

4 minutes ago, Radiohead said:

And then Aaron Rodgers whining about how, "they needed to play at home..." when in interviews before the game he claimed, "the noise wouldn't be a factor... blah, blah, blah"

Yeah, I mean, how could you not wake up this morning and see the sports media vomiting out excuse after excuse after excuse.

You know who didn't make any excuses?

Mike McCarthy. 

The home game excuse is a sorry one. WHO DON'T WANT TO PLAY A NFC TITLE GAME AT HOME? Didn't hear him whining about us being home in 2010. What a D-bag..

Edited by A Pimp Named Slickback™
i'm slippin. typos

Just now, Knight of God said:

They lost. Don't care...lol. Got their collective azzez whupped! This ain't two hand touch. Grown men playing a violent sport leaves injuries. I don't accept this excuse when it us, I won't when its others either.

Oh, I think it's an explanation.  But to pretend their injuries were so much worse than ours when they had Jordy Nelson, Davonte Adams and Morgan Burnett on the field is silly.

Some of their guys played hurt.  Some of ours played hurt.  Some of our best players were on IR.  They weren't even dressed or available to play.  The real narrative is what could we have done if WE were at full strength?

Let me get this right: They beat the Cowboys in Dallas after the Boys were a heavy favorite to get to the Super Bowl with a 13-3 record and MVP candidates at QB and RB. But with Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb playing yesterday, they got smoked. And the team that beat the supposedly best team in the NFC was too injured to compete against us?

giphy.gif

I can honestly say as the week went on I got more and more irritated with the narrative they were trying to build about the Packers being so beat up.  McCarthy saying guys wouldn't play if it were regular season knowing full well they were all going to suit up.

Talking about the flu.

It just seemed to me they were doing all this whining to try and create this Against All Odds story and I said to myself...I hope we DESTROY them on Sunday!

Prayers answered.  Look at God!

4 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Let me get this right: They beat the Cowboys in Dallas after the Boys were a heavy favorite to get to the Super Bowl with a 13-3 record and MVP candidates at QB and RB. But with Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb playing yesterday, they got smoked. And the team that beat the supposedly best team in the NFC was too injured to compete against us?

giphy.gif

Who is she?

18 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

It's only the morning after and I'm already tired of hearing it.  "The Packers were playing with one arm behind their back," blah, blah, blah.

Have these people ever heard of Adrian Clayborn?  Derrick Shelby?  Desmond Trufant?  Kemal Ishmael?  Sean Weatherspoon?  

Julio was playing on one leg and STILL torched them for 180 yards and 2 TDs.

Give me a break.

Cowboys must really suck.  So does everyone the Cowboys beat. 

I guess the Giants should be going to the Super Bowl.

Except they lost in the playoffs to . . . oh yea, the PACKERS!

I guess we should just mail the Lombardi to the Patriots now.  There is not a deserving team from the NFC.

But wait . . . the Patriots LOST to a team from the NFC . . . In fact, it was after their bye week.  To a team who had to travel clear across the country . . . Wow.  That team would DOMINATE the Falcons.  Who was that team again?

seahawks.

I don't accept injury as an excuse for a loss/win, but I will say this:

We've been extremely lucky with injuries this year. EXTREMELY. Tru and Shelby both went out, and we had great players to replace them with, so that didn't hurt too much. We got banged up at deep positions for us, which is very lucky. Jones has been banged up, but he always is, and still balls out. The Pack was really crushed with injuries this year, and their lack of a bye all through the season... I feel the Pack's pain. I appreciate how lucky we've been, especially at key positions (Ryan and the O-Line especially). 

31 minutes ago, Drew4719 said:

Yep. They set it up ALL last week so that if green bay won it would be the greatest feat ever, but if they lost they wouldn't have to give us any credit.

28 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

McCarthy was straight up classy.  Absolutely 100% first class.

28 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Sports media "experts" trying to cover their azzes after sucking up to Aaron Rogers all week.

6 minutes ago, Statick said:

The Pats played the Steelers after the best RB in the AFC goes out early in the first quarter but no mention of that injury being a factor they won by such a big margin.

Sport media. So funny.

4 minutes ago, cwell1 said:

Same team that torched the #1 seed just a week ago. Don't wanna hear it

BINGO.

IDC how beat up a team is (Packers)(Seahawks). I don't care how bad a team is (Rams)(49ers). You don't decimate NFL teams like Atlanta is doing unless you are a very, very good team yourself. it's not like Atlanta only put up 40 points because it's a bad defense. They have been putting 30+ points on almost EVERY team that we've played this year including really good defenses.

34 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Oh, I think it's an explanation.  But to pretend their injuries were so much worse than ours when they had Jordy Nelson, Davonte Adams and Morgan Burnett on the field is silly.

Some of their guys played hurt.  Some of ours played hurt.  Some of our best players were on IR.  They weren't even dressed or available to play.  The real narrative is what could we have done if WE were at full strength?

I was taught by every coach. Injuries are never an excuse for losing. Losing is the only reason for losing.