Jump to content

The Changing of the Guard


XXVIII-III
 Share

Recommended Posts

The changing of the guard, passing of the torch, whatever you wish to call it.

That's what this SuperBowl will be: The start of a new Dynasty.

Once Quinn completes the construction of his young Death Star defense, our dominance will be absolute. We will be the definition of a complete team, and will have legitimate opportunities to win multiple SuperBowls.

Buckle up guys, we are in for a good long run.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Cthulhu said:

The changing of the guard, passing of the torch, whatever you wish to call it.

That's what this SuperBowl will be: The start of a new Dynasty.

Once Quinn completes the construction of his young Death Star defense, our dominance will be absolute. We will be the definition of a complete team, and will have legitimate opportunities to win multiple SuperBowls.

Buckle up guys, we are in for a good long run.

And the scariest thing is that Saint, Panther, and Buc fans know it, too; some of them see this setting up as one of those 49er-style runs where they're hoping for a wild card birth every year because the division is such a foregone conclusion. I've read some of the comments coming from their forums and man, it's not happy times in those places at all. Imagine having to see this team with the defense fully constructed as Quinn wants it to go along with this Death Star offense. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Cthulhu said:

The changing of the guard, passing of the torch, whatever you wish to call it.

That's what this SuperBowl will be: The start of a new Dynasty.

Once Quinn completes the construction of his young Death Star defense, our dominance will be absolute. We will be the definition of a complete team, and will have legitimate opportunities to win multiple SuperBowls.

Buckle up guys, we are in for a good long run.

I have already been thinking this and it gives me goosebumps just thinking of next season when I think our defense is slightly behind our offense. I think we have top 3 offense next year and top 5 or at least 7 defense next year.

Dynasty could very well, be on the way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Screw the dynasty talk. The Panthers' fans were saying this when they advanced last year. The Broncos' fans were talking that way after their win. Both failed to even make the playoffs this year. I recall one of the best Falcons teams of all time fall in the last moment of the game in 1980 and the team fell apart the next season. Again.

All we have is now (some of us statistically won't even be around to enjoy future success; just sayin') so let's stamp out the dynasty one championship at a time because the NFL is the hardest pro sport to consistently win. And nobody remembers who lost the Super Bowl except the losing teams' fans. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Screw the dynasty talk. The Panthers' fans were saying this when they advanced last year. The Broncos' fans were talking that way after their win. Both failed to even make the playoffs this year. I recall one of the best Falcons teams of all time fall in the last moment of the game in 1980 and the team fell apart the next season. Again.

All we have is now (some of us statistically won't even be around to enjoy future success; just sayin') so let's stamp out the dynasty one championship at a time because the NFL is the hardest pro sport to consistently win. And nobody remembers who lost the Super Bowl except the losing teams' fans. 

I don't think anyone who actually knows about the NFC South expected sustained success out of Cam and the Panthers. And the Broncos? Everyone knew it would fall apart without a real QB.

This is different, this is the Falcons...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Screw the dynasty talk. The Panthers' fans were saying this when they advanced last year. The Broncos' fans were talking that way after their win. Both failed to even make the playoffs this year. I recall one of the best Falcons teams of all time fall in the last moment of the game in 1980 and the team fell apart the next season. Again.

All we have is now (some of us statistically won't even be around to enjoy future success; just sayin') so let's stamp out the dynasty one championship at a time because the NFL is the hardest pro sport to consistently win. And nobody remembers who lost the Super Bowl except the losing teams' fans. 

Okay, okay, okay.

You got me. But I believe. 

I just think we have better coaches, the perfect scheme for our personnel, and better quality depth than both of those teams. The injuries and inconsistency at key positions for both of those squads played a part in their failure.

Denver - QB and RB, which trickled down to receivers. Throw coaching inconsistency in there on the offensive side. Nothing wrong with their defense.

Panthers - QB, RB, WR, Oline, secondary, Ron Riveira not corralling his team and keeping them grounded. They weren't humble so they didn't have that same hunger and drive going into this year. Just my thoughts.

But I still believe in us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Cthulhu said:

Yea man, pretty exciting. Gonna be real interesting to see how things develop if Shanny leaves. Personally, I think taking the SF job would be a mistake.

You are on the exact same track I am on. They have none of the parts to make it go like we do here. It could end badly if you start off slow and then the players start grumbling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Screw the dynasty talk. The Panthers' fans were saying this when they advanced last year. The Broncos' fans were talking that way after their win. Both failed to even make the playoffs this year. I recall one of the best Falcons teams of all time fall in the last moment of the game in 1980 and the team fell apart the next season. Again.

All we have is now (some of us statistically won't even be around to enjoy future success; just sayin') so let's stamp out the dynasty one championship at a time because the NFL is the hardest pro sport to consistently win. And nobody remembers who lost the Super Bowl except the losing teams' fans. 

The dynasty talk is fun for sure, but I agree. You never know what happens next year, with injuries and what not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, The Peregrine said:

Okay, okay, okay.

You got me. But I believe. 

I just think we have better coaches, the perfect scheme for our personnel, and better quality depth than both of those teams. The injuries and inconsistency at key positions for both of those squads played a part in their failure.

Denver - QB and RB, which trickled down to receivers. Throw coaching inconsistency in there on the offensive side. Nothing wrong with their defense.

Panthers - QB, RB, WR, Oline, secondary, Ron Riveira not corralling his team and keeping them grounded. They weren't humble so they didn't have that same hunger and drive going into this year. Just my thoughts.

But I still believe in us.

I'm with you in spirit. I just know from experience that good dreams are best viewed after you wake up, not before you're going to sleep. Things change season over season. Look at the dominoes that fell for this team to become what it is this season: Mack. Gabriel. Collins' development. The draft home run. Getting through the season with only one significant loss to injured-reserve (Tamme).

This season, like every good season, is lightning in a bottle. It'll be harder to do again, not impossible. I'm geeked about the possibilities, but I'll be more excited to talk about a dynasty after we've won the first Lombardi.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This has to be the best situation for A. Blank.  Brand new Stadium next year (that's gone cost a pretty penny to attend.)  but it's cool cause he'll be put a super bowl team on the field. 

Not to many owners with a new stadium can hit the ground running like that. 

Cause we were just last year  saying if this team don't get better we don't know how he gone put butt s in seats. What a difference a year makes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Falcan Moore said:

The dynasty talk is fun for sure, but I agree. You never know what happens next year, with injuries and what not.

Oh, I'm 'bout it. But after entertaining it many times before, my hopes are tempered. I don't meant to tell others to pump the brakes, even if I will. I refused to let myself believe this team was as good as it is until week 17 because I believed it was better than it was after week 5 last year. 

But the future is bright, to be sure.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

I'm with you in spirit. I just know from experience that good dreams are best viewed after you wake up, not before you're going to sleep. Things change season over season. Look at the dominoes that fell for this team to become what it is this season: Mack. Gabriel. Collins' development. The draft home run. Getting through the season with only one significant loss to injured-reserve (Tamme).

This season, like every good season, is lightning in a bottle. It'll be harder to do again, not impossible. I'm geeked about the possibilities, but I'll be more excited to talk about a dynasty after we've won the first Lombardi.

Words to live by. I concede to your great wisdom and advice. Dreams are best viewed after you wake up.

Add Trufant, Shelby to IR.

But I will curbed my enthusiasm on the dynasty talk. 

Edited by The Peregrine
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's true that windows close fast in the NFL, and we of all teams should know this.  

But this team is unlike 2012.  That team had holes on the o-line and basically the entire defense.  That team was squeaking out 1-score wins against relatively weak opponents.

This team has faced everything they could throw at us and they keep winning.  Win, lose or draw, we'll be right back in it next season provided they get the OC hire right (and I trust Quinn).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

It's true that windows close fast in the NFL, and we of all teams should know this.  

But this team is unlike 2012.  That team had holes on the o-line and basically the entire defense.  That team was squeaking out 1-score wins against relatively weak opponents.

This team has faced everything they could throw at us and they keep winning.  Win, lose or draw, we'll be right back in it next season provided they get the OC hire right (and I trust Quinn).

I'm just imagining how good Beasley, Neal, Debo, Campbell, Jarrett, Collins will be next year...and with a couple other rookies and maybe a key FA? WOW. This defense could be sooo good. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...