Just as Chip Kelly described his offense as a “Sea Coast offense” -- when he sees something he likes, he uses it -- most NFL coaches borrow and steal ideas from their peers. Bill Belichick is the most successful head coach of this century so far, but he famously brought Kelly in to talk about offensive concepts. The Patriots have used elements of Kelly’s spread offense and uptempo approach, along with other ideas cribbed from other pro and college coaches.

Apparently he runs an offense with stylings of a West Coast, but it's not purely that. Just like all coaches it seemed. Even Shanny put in plays that Ryan liked from the previous staff. They basically see something they can implement and then add it, but as we set forth to play the Pats. I say if Belicheck brings you in to pick your brain, then you're good in my book.

2 hours ago, DewTheMathis said:

It would be a huge shame to lose Kyle Shanahan, but after the whopping the Falcons did to Green Bay in the NFC Championship game to go to the Super Bowl everyone (even the haters) will acknowledge his talent.

It would be near impossible for one of the many needy HC seeking teams to not offer a kings random to leave next season. 

That being said Chip Kelly isn't the answer, he's a mess.  He proved that in Philly, and in San Fran why keep giving him chances in the NFL to mess things up?

That was him as a head coach. I think having him just focus on the offense and we'll be fine

Man, I have a feeling Kyle isn't going anywhere. How soon we forget what an *** he is and what a wreck our locker room and on field product was last year. The guy is an arrogant prick, and likely does not interview well. He has a reputation as being hard to work with, and he requires a top tier QB to run his system. The only reason he's take one of the vacant HC jobs is for money, and I seriously doubt a coach named Shanahan needs extra cash. We'll lose him one day in another year or two, but it will be for him to go coach another SB contender with a hot young QB at his disposal, and the 9ers ain't that team.

2 minutes ago, Musikron said:

Man, I have a feeling Kyle isn't going anywhere. How soon we forget what an *** he is and what a wreck our locker room and on field product was last year. The guy is an arrogant prick, and likely does not interview well. He has a reputation as being hard to work with, and he requires a top tier QB to run his system. The only reason he's take one of the vacant HC jobs is for money, and I seriously doubt a coach named Shanahan needs extra cash. We'll lose him one day in another year or two, but it will be for him to go coach another SB contender with a hot young QB at his disposal, and the 9ers ain't that team.

Unfortunately this late in the process KS has a lot of leverage in his situation with the 49ers and could demand (and receive) a lot of what he wants.

5 hours ago, DewTheMathis said:

Not to mention the fact that SanFran was 27 in total team points, and Chip Kelly's Offense was

31st in total offense (yards)!

Why reward him with an OC job?

Not a fan of Chip at ALL, but I was saying the same **** about Dirk Koetter and his Offense when Smitty hired him and many here seemed to love it at the time.....

5 hours ago, DewTheMathis said:

Not to mention the fact that SanFran was 27 in total team points, and Chip Kelly's Offense was

31st in total offense (yards)!

Why reward him with an OC job?

because he likes his team fast and physical and that lines up perfectly with us. Also you have to understand shanny isn't just the oc, he's a co hc. meaning he runs the offense, sure Quinn has the power to override decisions but Kyle is essentially the hc of the offense. That is why chip is in the discussion he has hc experience and a some what innovative offense that actually fits the players in place.

18 hours ago, DewTheMathis said:

Wouldn't you rather see Head Coach Dan Quinn hire from within some great potential in a few guys like;

Sure, continuity makes sense to me. But I don't want the Falcons doing what makes sense to me. I have already been wrong about a lot, especially Kyle Shanahan.

I want the Falcons doing whatever makes sense to Dan Quinn.