Patriots open as three-point favorites over Falcons in Super Bowl

Mr.11

http://www.si.com/nfl/2017/01/22/super-bowl-odds-patriots-favorites-over-falcons

The New England Patriots have opened as three-point favorites over the Atlanta Falcons in Super Bowl LI, according to Westgate Las Vegas. The game total has been set at 57.5.

New England was posted as the favorite before its meeting with the Pittsburgh Steelers in the AFC Championship Game had even ended. The Patriots went ahead 33–9 late in the third thanks to three touchdowns from Tom Brady.

The Falcons advanced to the Super Bowl with a commanding 44–21 win over the Packers just hours before the Patriots and Steelers played.

Super Bowl LI will kick off at 6:30 p.m. ET on Feb. 5.

Not surprised. If I was in Vegas I would even prefer it this way because it means I would stand to make more money picking the Falcons as straight up winners.

Saw this comment over at NFL.com...

Atlanta is kicking the sh!t out of them. Not at all impressed by New England tonight, and obviously not last week. Meanwhile, Atlanta has to treat 2 playoff teams like the bottom of the NFL West and not run up the score. Mercy kills. New England is a dynasty already, but, as Atlanta proved today, QB alone isn't enough. Patriots aren't near as good at all 22 starting positions. Go ahead, talk about how good the Patriots D is. I'll tell you to look at who you've played, and then point you in the direction of the most underrated defense in the league. The one you play in 2 weeks. Falcons all day. It's our year.

To end the regular season we beat the Saints by 6.  Then we beat the Seahawks by 16.  Then we increased the margin of victory by 7 and beat the Packers by 23.  I expect us to add another 7 to the margin and beat New England by 30.  Next year I expect us to average over 40 points per game with or without Kyle and I am not terrified by any team or bears or spiders or snakes or any ****ed thing.

Edited by sonnyjim

Just now, red2play said:

Did they see the game?  We were up 31-0 in the 3rd quarter.  Let's see the if the PATS can win.  If you can move Brady off his spots, he's a regular Qb.  Very much unlike the Qb's our defense has had to go up against.

Its the usual narrative. Defense wins championships. #1 scoring D will win in their heads.

There is no chance we "destroy" the Patriots. It's never happened in the SuperBowl for a reason. If their fans were predicting that y'all would be so offended lmao. They have a great team, top to bottom. 

Expected them to be favored by 4 or 5 tbh. Very respectful line. Going to be a classic SB, I can feel it...a big time chess match.