Is He Finally Elite?

Jesus

They haven't posted the correct complete stats yet but I believe Matt might be putting together the best post season ever.

Here is what NFL.com has posted....yea what is that with the @NE? I don't know, but Matt has a good game:

19 01/14 videoicon.gif SEA W   36-20  1 1 26 37 70.3 338 9.1 3 0 3 15 125.7 3 -3 -1.0 0 1 0

19 01/14 videoicon.gif @ NE L   16-34  1 1 26 37 70.3 338 9.1 3 0 3 15 125.7 3 -3 -1.0 0 1 0

20 01/22 videoicon.gif GB W   44-21  1 1 27 38 71.1 392 10.3 4 0 0 0 139.4 3 23 7.7 1 1 0

TOTAL 3 3 79 112 70.5 1,068

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Jpowers said:

I despise that word. Whatever **** started this whole ******** elite label should be pimp slapped multiple times.

Same here man. The elite Quarterback thing sounds like something ESPN might have started to me. I hate to hear the talking heads talking about elite this and elite that, makes we want to vomit

18 hours ago, ICD said:

No. when it comes to MR2 there is always another hurdle he needs to jump to be in "their" level. 

Yep if we lose the superbowl bc Blount runs it down outr throats, and ryan throws for a Superbowl record in yards and QBR he STILL wont be elite. But yes their are a few as good but none better. He's been elite since 2012, but the next years were talent devoid, and injury riddled. We would have made a run last year if we had a center that didn't hike the ball low, high, left, or right  on EVERY snap. That takes Matt .5-1.0 secs to watch the ball, move to catch it and reset himself to pass it. Most of his picks were on plays that were quick reads, and after the bad snap he still tried to get the connection. It is difficult in the redzone to score passing, and having the worst center in the league, made it impossible for any QB to NOT throw picks. Brady, Brees, Rodgers, wpould have thrown tons of picks on that team. 

51 minutes ago, Mr.Blank said:

Yes, he is.

But no QB is "elite" without a strong supporting cast,coaches, ownership, etc.

Would Tom Brady be "Tom Brady" if he was drafted by the Browns? I say no.

Yes because the Browns would have vut him in favor of Byron Leftwich, and he would have ended up in N.E., anyway. The Browns need a new F.O., I really think I could do a better job with their talent; rosterwise that is. lol. But yes Brady would have thrown 20 picks on this team last year, or on his own team with Person starting at center. That was a HORRIBLE job of replacing Hawley last year, and it made me nervous for that we made a bad mistake getting DQ., or Shan but I was very wrong.\

18 hours ago, Reggie_Kelly said:

Yea I remember the year he won the SB..they brought up a record or something. Maybe it was TD passes. 

That's all it was. Flacco tied Joe Montana's record for most TD passes (11) in a postseason (I believe without an interception). Ryan needs 4 more to tie as well.

In any case, at the rate Ryan is going right now, he's gonna firmly place himself among the NFL's best postseason QBs. Since starting 0-3, I don't believe he's finished a playoff game with a passer rating under 100, and he hasn't thrown less than 3 TDs. Ryan now already owns the highest two passing yard totals for an NFC Championship game (396 in 2012 and 392 yesterday).

Edited by JerseyNo12

19 hours ago, Jpowers said:

I despise that word. Whatever **** started this whole ******** elite label should be pimp slapped multiple times.

For now. Pretty soon that word will often accompany Ryan's name when fans and analysts talk about football and the QB position particularly, so you may as well get used to it. Ryan is elite. I've already said it among my friends and coworkers (Redskins, Cowboys, Ravens, and Raiders fans) and they all pretty much have slowly come around to acknowledging that Ryan is among the NFL's best.

19 hours ago, momak said:

Win the next game and it will still be a debate anymore

Fixed that for you because you know it just has to happen. That Monday morning it will be What happened to the Patriots? They'll only give us like one line of congratulations if at all.

19 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

For now. Pretty soon that word will often accompany Ryan's name when fans and analysts talk about football and the QB position particularly, so you may as well get used to it. Ryan is elite. I've already said it among my friends and coworkers (Redskins, Cowboys, Ravens, and Raiders fans) and they all pretty much have slowly come around to acknowledging that Ryan is among the NFL's best.

I hope all that is absolutely true but I'm still going to hate that label. Define it. Give me some parameters. Even if you come up with some random numbers or milestones some analyst out there is going to have a completely different definition.

It's always been pretty simple for me. Can you win a Super Bowl with him at QB? I've always believed you could and that's all I have ever really needed to know.