Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FalconsAirMiles

Looks like we will open the 2017 NFL season (most likely)

24 posts in this topic

I just hope we are opening Mercedes Benz Stadium and not going to Foxboro for a Superbowl Rematch. 

Edited by FalconsAirMiles

27 minutes ago, FalconsAirMiles said:

I just hope we are opening Mercedes Benz Stadium and not going to Foxboro for a Superbowl Rematch. 

18 minutes ago, Crazy Trav said:

I believe that we have to go to NE unfortunately.

Yeah, our game against the Patriots is in Boston, an away game. But if we open the season as a SB rematch there, it's early and still warm. So that's a good thing. Get that game out of the way.

YungFalco and SkerFalcon8710 like this

1 minute ago, fuego said:

Yeah, our game against the Patriots is in Boston, an away game. But if we open the season as a SB rematch there, it's early and still warm. So that's a good thing. Get that game out of the way.

If we open there that means we lost the SuperBowl.

Since1990 likes this

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

If we open there that means we lost the SuperBowl.

Why is that? It's an away game on the schedule already. Why wouldn't they want a rematch of the SB to start the season?

Just now, fuego said:

Why is that? It's an away game on the schedule already. Why wouldn't they want a rematch of the SB to start the season?

Because the SB champs always play at home to start the year. Only team I can think of where there was an exception were the Ravens in 2013, honestly don't remember why they didn't start at home. 

Yo_Lover and Since1990 like this

Just now, fuego said:

SuperBowl champion always opens at home on Thursday night.

Since1990 likes this

Just now, Atlantafan21 said:

Because the SB champs always play at home to start the year. Only team I can think of where there was an exception were the Ravens in 2013, honestly don't remember why they didn't start at home. 

The Baltimore Baseball team had a home game and messed up scheduling.

There is no way the opening game of the NFL season is not in the MB Stadium. They will want to show off the field.

No, the Super Bowl champion always hosts the opening game. The only exception was the Ravens, who opened the 2013 season at Denver because of scheduling conflicts with the Baltimore Orioles.

If we win the SB, we'll likely host the Packers or the Seahawks in the season opener.

The New England game will just be another primetime game, possibly on a holiday.

1 minute ago, Atlantafan21 said:

1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

Ah cool. Well I guess we won't be in Boston after all then. lol.

Crazy Trav and Yo_Lover like this

Just now, JerseyNo12 said:

No, the Super Bowl champion always hosts the opening game. The only exception was the Ravens, who opened the 2013 season at Denver because of scheduling conflicts with the Baltimore Orioles.

If we win the SB, we'll likely host the Packers or the Seahawks in the season opener.

The New England game will just be another primetime game, possibly on a holiday.

The Seahawks game is away, so Packers or Cowboys seem to make the most sense. 

3 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Yea if we win the super bowl we likely open the season against Green Bay

Just now, Atlantafan21 said:

The Seahawks game is away, so Packers or Cowboys seem to make the most sense. 

I'd wager the Packers. We're actually starting to have a real rivalry, and who wouldn't want to see Ryan and Rodgers go at it again?

2 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Yea if we win the super bowl we likely open the season against Green Bay

Now that I think about it, we play Dallas here next year. I think that's it. The match that wasn't played. It'll be Dallas to open the season if we win. The NFL darlings against the SB winners.

5 minutes ago, dmite said:

I'm sure it would be the Packers.  They would want a NFCCG rematch.  

True. But I could also see the 'NFC Championship game that wasn't played' with the NFL's 'favorite' team.

Just now, fuego said:

True. But I could also see the 'NFC Championship game that wasn't played' with the NFL's 'favorite' team.

Yeah, either matchup would be huge ratings for the NFL.  Couldn't go wrong with either. 

I don't see a situation where they don't either pick a SB rematch or the next best thing, the championship rematch. I'd imagine it's pretty much 100% that we'll either be at the Pats or the Pack will be coming here yet again.

4 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

I'd expect to open at home against the Packers or Cowboys. 

99% sure it would be Packers

5 hours ago, Crazy Trav said:

I believe that we have to go to NE unfortunately.

If we lose we will probably go to NE to open the season in a rematch similar to Carolina and Denver. 

But im expecting a win, and our opener to be against Green Bay or Dallas.