Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Falcan Moore said:

Being fair, think a lot of people here are underestimating aspects of the Patriots as well. Namely, they have one of the best secondaries in the NFL and a seriously underrated run game and short passing game to RBs. Dion Lewis is a big time weapon.

luckily for us we can match up on chris hogan and eddlemen well with Collins and Rocky. and our LBs are as fast as it gets so we'll be able to cover the rbs out of the back or at least limit it. the defense is playing with a chip and you know they want that respect of shutting down wilson rodgers and brady on the way to a SB title..

its gonna be a great game but unlike the steelers we have WR depth and wrs that can take over outside of Julio when he draws double coverage.. sammy coats and eli rodgers cant hold Sanu/Gabriels jock straps.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

^looks like the Patriots version of gazoo. Lol

9 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

luckily for us we can match up on chris hogan and eddlemen well with Collins and Rocky. and our LBs are as fast as it gets so we'll be able to cover the rbs out of the back or at least limit it. the defense is playing with a chip and you know they want that respect of shutting down wilson rodgers and brady on the way to a SB title..

its gonna be a great game but unlike the steelers we have WR depth and wrs that can take over outside of Julio when he draws double coverage.. sammy coats and eli rodgers cant hold Sanu/Gabriels jock straps.

They're solid, but the important part you touched on is that we can spread it out if you take away one, two, even three weapons. Most of Belicheck's defensive genius comes down to great gameplans to take away weapons. Can't do that with us. You have to have seriously penetrating and dominating DL and be able to match up with our weapons athletically, mostly man to man, and be able to run clock. That's really not the Pats strong suit...though I expect BB to have an awesome gameplan. 

Make no mistake though...if we go up a couple scores (doubt it but you never know with this team!) the Pats will be in big trouble. So excited for the DQ vs BB chess match. He'll cook up something special after that SB loss for the stupid *** pass on the 1.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lornoth said:

People say Pats fans suck, but they're actually talking good football over there. Reading through their Packer V Falcon thread has been interesting. Lots of them giving us props and even preparing for a loss, and backing it all up with very reasonable arguments. Even the ones that think they can win easily are giving good conversation. I thought the GB board was above average for fanbases, but the Pats' is impressing me. 

Massachusetts is one of the most educated states in the country.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My biggest takes from the thread I saw was.

1. They think this game All about stopping our offense.

2.I don't think many of there fans have watched our defense over the last 6 weeks.There severely under rating them at there peril.

3. They automatically think because Bb and co have 2 weeks they'll have answers for what our offense presents.

4. They don't have much respect for how well coached we are.Personally I think KS has proven whose the hot and maybe even the best OC in the league is.

To me this game is really simple it's TOers and whose d-line gets the most pressure whoever wins these battles wins the game it's that simple really.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Reggie_Kelly said:

Belichick is a good coach. I don't doubt that he can find some weakness in the offense. 

We have no weaknesses. I sincerely believe that. If there is any weakness it's Chester and he's just the weakest link on a good line. We can run the ball. All the wr's can beat press man. Both backs can beat linebackers and block in pass pro. There are no weaknesses. They just have to play sound defense and execute. The weakness of any offense is pressure on the qb. That's about it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, TheFalcoholic said:

This game will come down to Robert Alford. His PI or lack thereof will win or lose the game. Bill & Tom will see his penalties on film. They will attack him, and the outcome of the game will be whether or not he keeps his hands off the WR. I firmly believe that. 

Nah. They'll be making a mistake if that's the gameplan. You don't think teams have tried this all season? That approach is doomed from the start. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheFatboi said:

Nah. They'll be making a mistake if that's the gameplan. You don't think teams have tried this all season? That approach is doomed from the start. 

I don't think Bill & co. will make that the game plan. I guess my gut just tells me it'll come down to how Alford plays. Crazy I know. Just a gut feeling. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, falcndave said:

Look at the trenches. Look at what each side does well. The DL is big, strong, and disciplined for the Pats. I think they will be the unit we have to account for in this game. While its more fun to talk about the skill positions, this is a game where we can't fake it in the trenches. We have to get it done and make them play our game. This will be fun. When we win, we will have answered all questions. 

Yup. This is it. We have come all the way, and beat all the big-name teams. Toughest schedule in the league, and we're here - we're in the Super Bowl. 

 

Let's ******* do this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TheFalcoholic said:

I don't think Bill & co. will make that the game plan. I guess my gut just tells me it'll come down to how Alford plays. Crazy I know. Just a gut feeling. 

I think he'll play well. I think they'd try and attack jalen more than Alford. Actually they'll attack our linebackers because they do more inside stuff. They're wr's are smallish and quick besides Floyd. I think constantly going after Alford will result in a pick it 2. Tom will go where the coverage dictates. He's smarter than that. I don't think he will throw at Alford hoping he interferes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Falcan Moore said:

Being fair, think a lot of people here are underestimating aspects of the Patriots as well. Namely, they have one of the best secondaries in the NFL and a seriously underrated run game and short passing game to RBs. Dion Lewis is a big time weapon.

That's true all of that but to me its experienc in the big game that worries me the most.Brady especially been there done that.

In saying that though Defensively I think we match up really well with them.Also with Bradys lack of mobility allows our pass rush to get off more aswell.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, StupidPackerFan said:

What do you expect? In the last 16 years, Patriots have been in 11 AFC Championship games and have gone to 7 Super Bowls. Not to mention: Brady the golden child. I hate to say it, but they've earned the right to get sucked off.

good game today, hope yall get healed up for the regular season rematch next season. could be opening game of 2017!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

good game today, hope yall get healed up for the regular season rematch next season. could be opening game of 2017!

Well, I'll agree to everything except "good game today". When I watch my team play in the conference championship and I don't get to cheer even once, it was not a good game. For you? Yes. :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, StupidPackerFan said:

Well, I'll agree to everything except "good game today". When I watch my team play in the conference championship and I don't get to cheer even once, it was not a good game. For you? Yes. :(

sorry man, the ball literally bounced our way today. hopefully you can have a good FA period/Draft and retool that defense. maybe find a RB to boot.. with Arod yall always have a chance. this is just our year i feel.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

sorry man, the ball literally bounced our way today. hopefully you can have a good FA period/Draft and retool that defense. maybe find a RB to boot.. with Arod yall always have a chance. this is just our year i feel.

Hey man, don't feel sorry for me. Packer fans have been spoiled for quite  awhile. That's part of the reason I came over here to talk. Too many doom and gloom Packer fans calling for everyone's head. It's like seriously, we are in contention literally every single year. About 30 other team's fans would give anything to be in that position.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, StupidPackerFan said:

Hey man, don't feel sorry for me. Packer fans have been spoiled for quite  awhile. That's part of the reason I came over here to talk. Too many doom and gloom Packer fans calling for everyone's head. It's like seriously, we are in contention literally every single year. About 30 other team's fans would give anything to be in that position.

alright fair enough, i was on your boards all week discussing football under the same name.

I do find it curious and has to be frustrating as a packer fan though to have 2 of the best to play the position over 25 yrs and walk away with 2 titles. i mean you guys are always in contention.

Where is your GM throwing the money to? What would you like to see them do in the offseason?

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

alright fair enough, i was on your boards all week discussing football under the same name.

I do find it curious and has to be frustrating as a packer fan though to have 2 of the best to play the position over 25 yrs and walk away with 2 titles. i mean you guys are always in contention.

Where is your GM throwing the money to? What would you like to see them do in the offseason?

Funny enough, I was just researching the difference between the Packers and the Patriots postseasons for the last 16 years. I won't bore you with all the details, but NE has been in the AFCCG 11 of the past 16 years. Why? Because they've had a first round bye and home field in 11 of those years, and have not opened the playoffs on the road A SINGLE TIME. In contrast, despite being arguably the best NFC team in that same time frame, the Packers have only had 3 first round byes/home field and instead have had 10 wildcard games. Long story short, the Packers are always in the playoffs, but never have a bye and home field advantage. It's pretty simple, right? The Falcons just realized how much of a difference it makes. If today's game was in Lambeau, it changes everything. 

And as far as our GM throwing money......he doesn't. Thompson is notorious for spending NOTHING in FA and consistently having the youngest roster in the league, as well as leaving the most cap space each year. He basically skates by because he has a HOF QB to mask all his deficiencies. 

Edited by StupidPackerFan
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, StupidPackerFan said:

Funny enough, I was just researching the difference between the Packers and the Patriots postseasons for the last 16 years. I won't bore you with all the details, but NE has been in the AFCCG 11 of the past 16 years. Why? Because they've had a first round bye and home field in 11 of those years, and have not opened the playoffs on the road A SINGLE TIME. In contrast, despite being arguably the best NFC team in that same time frame, the Packers have only had 3 first round byes/home field and instead have had 10 wildcard games. Long story short, the Packers are always in the playoffs, but never have a bye and home field advantage. It's pretty simple, right? The Falcons just realized how much of a difference to makes. If today's game was in Lambeau, it changes everything. 

And as far as our GM throwing money......he doesn't. Thompson is notorious for spending NOTHING in FA and consistently having the youngest roster in the league, as well as leaving the most cap space each year. He basically skates by because he has a HOF QB to mask all his deficiencies. 

Yea it's easy to get a first round bye when you've been beating up on the school of the Deaf, Dumb, and Blind. For 16 yrs... the NFC has been a dogfight for 20 yrs and always will be. 

 

Well hopefully your GM gets a wake up call and gets arod a RB and some defensive help. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Yea it's easy to get a first round bye when you've been beating up on the school of the Deaf, Dumb, and Blind. For 16 yrs... the NFC has been a dogfight for 20 yrs and always will be. 

 

Well hopefully your GM gets a wake up call and gets arod a RB and some defensive help. 

Well, the Pack plays in the garbage NFC North, so there's really no excuse, but yeah, I get your point. Have fun the next two weeks. You really never know if you'll ever get back.....even if you have 2 HOF QBs for going on 25 years, now. Lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...