• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Pats just shredded the #1 ranked defense and "the hottest defense over the last 8 weeks." Atlanta's defense won't be anywhere near as good, and they don't particularly match up well against our offense. Brady will rip that defense apart.

It will probably be a high scoring game, but with the way our defense has been playing, I feel confident that we can make enough stops to win that game.

Funny thats what the Seahawks and packers said about our D

35 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

When you look at the play design with new plays coming each week or new routes from the same formations they all are smartly designed to dismantle zone coverage and no team has enough man to man talent to cover us. Denver was the closest. I watch some of Shanny's plays unravel in slow motion and defenders are confused on the coverage. It's hard to beat when you have this much talent on offense. 

New England had two chances to take down Denver last year and couldn't do it, and that was with a largely washed up Peyton Manning and Brock Osweiler at QB. Now they have to face a Kubiak-like offense with Kyle's bells and whistles. Matt Patricia is a good DC, but he hasn't had this kind of challenge.

I'd imagine Bellichick will double Julio and make the rest of the receivers beat him.

If their DL can get pressure, he probably likes his chances against our non Julio receivers.

Bellichick almost always takes away your best player and makes the other guys beat you.

So, all that means is Sanu, Gabriel, Teco and Freeman are going to have to eat in the passing game.

My favorite...

The truth is our D has no answer for their offense. We don't have a guy who can go 1 on 1 with Jones. Need to double him. But they have good options besides Jones and a good run game. Very underrated.

This defense is going to look bad in 2 weeks. Count on that. However they don't need to stop Atlanta. Just slow them down. Make them take 3s instead of 7 a few times. Hold on to turnovers when we get the chance. Get a few 3 and outs and make them pay for penalties.

Their offense can be slowed down by good disciplined defense but not stopped. We just don't have the stars on D needed to do that.

That being said Ryan (ours) is red hot. He needs to keep that up. Butler and him will pose a big challenge for Atlanta. They won't let Jones go off. He won't take a 10 yard catch 70 for a TD. We will limit their run game. Our run D did bad early but soon figured it out. And not just cause Bell went out. They are good.

If we hold them under 30 I think we win. I think we can. If we let them get into the 30s it can be sketchy.

Their D isn't good but it is not trash ala Packers. They have a good pass rusher and can get some pressure up the middle. Their CBs are okay but safeties are questionable. They do ball hawk well. What they did against GB can't be overlooked. Yes GB shot themselves in the foot but that D was in position to let it happen.

This will be tough. However Tom is nearly Godly in Domes. This team will be healthy. The main worry i have is they have come out of bye weeks sluggish this year. We can not get into a game of catch up vs Atlanta.

2 hours ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Give Belichick 2 weeks, he'll figure it out. Besides, Pittsburgh's defense is better than Atlanta's. And not to mention, but we still have the number 1 scoring defense.

:rolleyes:

sounds like the seahawks

Yeah Pitts is better by stats alone....but pitt is not as fast as our guys are. It's literally making teams shake their head and wonder what the Helz is going on.

2 hours ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

https://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/forums/patsfans-com-patriots-fan-forum.10/

here yall go, i wrecked the GB boards all week with stats and facts and low and behold i cant help but say "I TOLD EM SO"

NE is a different best though. Lets GO!

"... Please please win. I can't deal with all of these Falcons fans where I live..."  Lawl. Gotta love it. There are some real gems in this link. Thanks for posting, bruh.

Having the Falcons history and getting into a smacktalk match w/ Patriots fans is like being a Georgia fan and smacktalking an Alabama fan.   Sure, we might beat them in two weeks and I think we have the better team - but Patriots are so loaded down w/ hardware - with 4 Superbowl wins in 6 appearances - there is no point in smack-talking those guys - futile mission.