Falcons receiving Divine Intervention

This magical season has left me, and I am sure, many of you believing that we are truly headed into a date with destiny, that the outcome has somehow been preordained as a way to cleanse our ghosts of season's past and that every atom in the universe has aligned for the Falcons to finally take us to the promised land.  Well if you have any more doubt then ponder this: 

"The Packers' charter plane to Atlanta for Sunday's NFC Championship Game against the Falcons was unable to take off from Green Bay's Austin Straubel International Airport because of heavy fog, and the team was forced to bus 125 miles to Milwaukee in order to fly out, according to multiple sources.

The Packers arrived to Atlanta at around 8 p.m. ET, about 3½ hours later than originally scheduled.

After waiting for nearly two hours, the Packers decided to bus to Milwaukee's General Mitchell International Airport, where the team plane met them, sources said."

Multiple injuries, Rodgers has the flu, playing on the road and now they get into town 31/2 hours late which HAS to mess with your sleep patterns.   All we need now is a classic Atlanta traffic jam to make them arrive late at the Dome.  Me thinks the odds are ALL our side today. :D 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18526487/green-bay-packers-flight-atlanta-nfc-championship-game-moved-due-heavy-fog

5 minutes ago, Malachore said:

It seems like everything is in our favor but as a long suffering fan I can't shake the usual uneasy feeling I get when things like this happen to the other team.

As a Falcon fan for 40+ years I hear you, but this feels very, very different. I expect nothing but a Falcons win today!

37 minutes ago, Internetallstar said:

I'm pretty sure this kind of thing happens through out the season. The flu thing is what has my attention. I don't care how many fluids and rest you have, dealing with a flu while running around playing football makes you a half a step slower or think half a second longer. I'm interested to see how that plays out.

You gotta learn to loosen up a bit there my friend :D  

NEVER EVER use logic when discussing Falcons Fandom. 

16 minutes ago, Malachore said:

It seems like everything is in our favor but as a long suffering fan I can't shake the usual uneasy feeling I get when things like this happen to the other team.

That is perfectly OK, and it's good to share your feelings with the ONLY people in the Universe who can relate.  That is what is so weird for me this season.  Among my family and my circle of Falcon Fans I am known as "Mr. Doom."  I usually am just waiting for the sky to fall on us, but since the Panthers beatdown late in the season, I got these goosebumps that just would not go away.  For the first time since around 1983 or so, I am totally 100% positive we have a beast for a team.

GROUP HUG TO ALL THE NERVOUS FANS!

11 minutes ago, Mr.Blank said:

As a Falcon fan for 40+ years I hear you, but this feels very, very different. I expect nothing but a Falcons win today!

Sing it out loud Brother.  If I had a singing voice I would be belting out some good old fashioned Gospel type music with Falcons lyrics interjected.  

Fan for 37 years and have a lot of ghosts to erase just like you.  Today is the 2nd step in that exorcism.

1 hour ago, Internetallstar said:

I'm pretty sure this kind of thing happens through out the season. The flu thing is what has my attention. I don't care how many fluids and rest you have, dealing with a flu while running around playing football makes you a half a step slower or think half a second longer. I'm interested to see how that plays out.

Not only that but that's an extra 3 1/2 hours that healthy players have to be in enclosed quarters with sick players.