Bigger Non-Saints Rivalry? (Pack/Hawks)

Kung-Pow

So watching atl/gb Week 8 matchup on NFL Replay and got me wondering: current bigger non-Saints rivalry? Packers or Seahawks.

Very quietly, across the NFC landscape we have developed quite the rivalry between these two teams and their respective cities. 

Between all the storylines, exposure, competitive fire and familiarity, the stakes have frequently been high during our matchups vs both teams. It reminds me of what we developed during mid-2000s with Philly during Vick era. 

Given the likelihood that we will see both Hawks and Pack quite often in the near future due to NFL scheduling, who do you guys think has developed into the bigger rivalry, if at all?

I think if Ryan wins this game, it will start a rivalry between Rodgers and Ryan akin to the rivalry between Manning and Brady. The Falcons are set to have success for a while with all this young talent and Ryan hitting his prime. We should see a few more division titles and at the least some wildcard berths. The Packers will more often than not win their division, and even if they don't then they are probably a lock for a WC berth also. This is going to lead to a lot of yearly matchups. There's only been 3 seasons since we drafted Ryan that we haven't played GB. 

I think Seattle is about to hit a decline. They'll probably still be pretty competitive but AZ can challenge them for the division. And Shanahan might not have the weapons he has here when he becomes the HC of SF, but he's shown that he knows exactly how to exploit Seattle's defensive scheme.

I think GB. Both Ryan and Rodgers became starting QBs the same year (2008). They have both gone head to head numerous times, including twice (counting today) in the playoffs. We've beaten them and they've beaten us. The matchups have always been close nail-biters, outside of the 2010 divisional round.

Agreed. All three teams appear set to compete for NFC supremacy on a yearly basis going forward, leading to regular meetings. 

You make a point that Seattle may indeed take a step back towards the rest of the pack (no pun intended) but Pete Carroll seems optimistic that this is not the end of their mini-dynasty.  

With a chance to close the Dome in style, Matt Ryan is just two wins away of cementing his place among the game's elite of his era. Future has never seemed brighter for our Falcons and we appear on the precipice of becoming regular title contenders.