FAU - Trey Hendrickson

DE Trey Hendrickson, former teammate of Falcons SS Sharrod Neasman, has turned heads at the East-West Shrine this week. Here's a article from earlier in the season.

H: 6037   W: 270

Four prospects on rise in 2017 NFL Draft class

Steve Palazzolo

2. Trey Hendrickson, Edge, Florida Atlantic

I’ve been meaning to highlight Hendrickson for weeks, as his 91.2 overall grade ranks second in the nation. While he may not have the same pure athleticism of some of the nation’s top pass-rushers, Hendrickson uses good pad level to overpower offensive tackles while using his hands well to make plays both in the passing game and against the run.

While he’s taken his game to a new level this year, Hendrickson is no one-year wonder, as he had 15 sacks, 13 QB hits, and 24 hurries last season. This year, he’s registered nine sacks, nine QB hits, and 47 hurries on his 269 rushes — that’s pressure being created on 24 percent of his rushes, well above the NCAA average of 10 percent for an edge defender.

trey-hendrickson-sack

Edited by fourty4

It's weird, the dude's first step looked so poor last year and it's considerably improved in the two games I watched this year. I still don't think he's going to do all that well against the stronger, more polished tackles in the NFL (he's all technique really) but I like him okay. Can't see Quinn being that enthralled though.

37 minutes ago, Falcan Moore said:

It's weird, the dude's first step looked so poor last year and it's considerably improved in the two games I watched this year. I still don't think he's going to do all that well against the stronger, more polished tackles in the NFL (he's all technique really) but I like him okay. Can't see Quinn being that enthralled though.

this is why the combine is important. If Hendrickson jumps 9'9" or better he's good to go.