If the NFL had a whole re-draft

Champford

2 hours ago, Kayoh said:

Andrew Luck

This used to be my answer too but now I'm not so sure. He's still got 10 productive years but he's proven to be less Brady/Manning and more Matt Ryan where you know he can be productive but you have to also surround him. Ryan is having an incredible year but it takes Julio, Sanu, Gabriel, Mack, TeCo, Freeman, and the rest of the gang to get that show going. In Pit you have Ben-Bell-Brown and that's about it and they've made it just as far (in the weaker conference, mind you) as the Falcons have. So if you tell me I can have Gruden as my coach and Shanahan as my OC then sure. Otherwise I might look into Bell, David Johnson, Zeke, Clowney, Beasley, or Donald.

4 minutes ago, King Jigsaw said:

This used to be my answer too but now I'm not so sure. He's still got 10 productive years but he's proven to be less Brady/Manning and more Matt Ryan where you know he can be productive but you have to also surround him. Ryan is having an incredible year but it takes Julio, Sanu, Gabriel, Mack, TeCo, Freeman, and the rest of the gang to get that show going. In Pit you have Ben-Bell-Brown and that's about it and they've made it just as far (in the weaker conference, mind you) as the Falcons have. So if you tell me I can have Gruden as my coach and Shanahan as my OC then sure. Otherwise I might look into Bell, David Johnson, Zeke, Clowney, Beasley, or Donald.

every QB needs a surrounding cast to succeed. Rodgers isn't even great when his receiving options are hurt. Give him Nelson, Adams, Cobb, Cook, Montgomery and a top 10 pass blocking OL and you see what he's been doing over his last 7-8 games or so. Luck is so good that he's dragging what might be the least talented team in the NFL to records so good they can't build a better team around him. He's literally too good for his own team. He's Lebron James before going to Miami. It's either Luck or Wilson for me, nobody drafted since then is anywhere close to their level. The only guy close is Mariota and he wasn't impressive until his team fully dedicated to being run-first. Tenn also has hands down the best OL in the league, and I'm not convinced Mariota would be anywhere close to as good as he's been without as strong a run game as he has.

To me the #1 overall pick comes down to 2 players: Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson. Luck is my pick because he's bigger and has to this point done more with less than Wilson.

4 minutes ago, Kayoh said:

every QB needs a surrounding cast to succeed. Rodgers isn't even great when his receiving options are hurt. Give him Nelson, Adams, Cobb, Cook, Montgomery and a top 10 pass blocking OL and you see what he's been doing over his last 7-8 games or so. Luck is so good that he's dragging what might be the least talented team in the NFL to records so good they can't build a better team around him. He's literally too good for his own team. He's Lebron James before going to Miami.

I think it's the FO that's hurting him more than anything. When Ryan's protection was garbage, so was this team. Lucks seen the stadium lights more than he has the scoreboard for all the sacks he's taken these last few years. Luck is certainly the first QB off the board but first player? I'm not so sure. Bell, Zeke, and Johnson can do so much for a team. They make plays for their QB and their o-line.

2 minutes ago, King Jigsaw said:

I think it's the FO that's hurting him more than anything. When Ryan's protection was garbage, so was this team. Lucks seen the stadium lights more than he has the scoreboard for all the sacks he's taken these last few years. Luck is certainly the first QB off the board but first player? I'm not so sure. Bell, Zeke, and Johnson can do so much for a team. They make plays for their QB and their o-line.

If you don't get a QB at #1 overall, you aren't getting a good QB, period. Every good QB is getting taken in the 1st rd. Ryan Tannehill gets drafted before Zeke in this hypothetical scenario because teams know that you just straight up can't win without a QB. Look at the conference championships right now...Matt is the worst QB and he's the league MVP.

The top 10-15 picks would all be QBs.  You'd see Luck, Wilson, Newton, Brady, Rodgers, Ryan, Brees, Mariota, Winston, Manning, Prescott (lol), Cousins, Rivers, Carr, Roethlisberger, Flacco, and Stafford all go before any other positions even get looked at. Possibly even guys like Dalton, Taylor, Tannehill, McCown, Palmer, Kaepernick, Bradford, Wentz, Bortles, Alex Smith, Cutler, and Romo. The 1st round would feature MAYBE 15 non-QB players getting picked AT MOST. If I have the #1 pick I'm locking down my QB of the future and worrying about everything else after. Give me Luck or Wilson first, then a CB, edge rusher, or LB in the 2nd. 

19 minutes ago, Kayoh said:

The top 10-15 picks would all be QBs.  You'd see Luck, Wilson, Newton, Brady, Rodgers, Ryan, Brees, Mariota, Winston, Manning, Prescott (lol), Cousins, Rivers, Carr, Roethlisberger, Flacco, and Stafford all go before any other positions even get looked at. Possibly even guys like Dalton, Taylor, Tannehill, McCown, Palmer, Kaepernick, Bradford, Wentz, Bortles, Alex Smith, Cutler, and Romo. The 1st round would feature MAYBE 15 non-QB players getting picked AT MOST. If I have the #1 pick I'm locking down my QB of the future and worrying about everything else after. Give me Luck or Wilson first, then a CB, edge rusher, or LB in the 2nd. 

So when will you go defense ? (Miller , Watt , Beasley, Kuechly) 

3 minutes ago, Champford said:

So when will you go defense ? (Miller , Watt , Beasley, Kuechly) 

I'll get my QB and then spend my next 15 picks on 2 DEs, 3 CBs, a FS, a SS, 2 LBs, a pass rushing DT, and all 5 members of the OL. Not necessarily in that order, but those are the positions I'll be looking to fill depending on what value shows up. NTs, RBs, WRs, and FBs are all super easy to replace. Probably have to grab a good TE or two if the value is there but that wouldn't be a priority since you can run an offense without TEs if you want by just using slot WRs and extra OLinemen.

1 hour ago, Kayoh said:

I'll get my QB and then spend my next 15 picks on 2 DEs, 3 CBs, a FS, a SS, 2 LBs, a pass rushing DT, and all 5 members of the OL. Not necessarily in that order, but those are the positions I'll be looking to fill depending on what value shows up. NTs, RBs, WRs, and FBs are all super easy to replace. Probably have to grab a good TE or two if the value is there but that wouldn't be a priority since you can run an offense without TEs if you want by just using slot WRs and extra OLinemen.

Idk , I might wanna get a receiver early . There's not that many reliable receivers in this league. 

Just now, Champford said:

Idk , I might wanna get a receiver early . There's not that many reliable receivers in this league. 

great receivers are super easy to find in the draft though. You don't need a 6'4 220 lb freak like Julio to have a great receiving corps.

12 minutes ago, Kayoh said:

great receivers are super easy to find in the draft though. You don't need a 6'4 220 lb freak like Julio to have a great receiving corps.

I know but there has to be a guy you give it to that you know is going to come down with in the clutch.

3 minutes ago, Champford said:

I know but there has to be a guy you give it to that you know is going to come down with in the clutch.

I don't believe in narratives like that. If you just put a bunch of really talented receivers on your team you won't need any of them to be any more "clutch" than the others, there'll just always be someone open on any given play.