There can't be any excuses tomorrow!

roguebeaver

And there won't be.  Not from Atlanta anyway. They hold all the cards all the support, better talent on both sides of the ball as well as the motivation and commitment! 

A loss by Atlanta tomorrow will do more harm to this city than the good will foster as a result of winning a SB. 

The birds have everything going for them to allow an inferior poorly equipped  pack of sick cheese curds to come into their dome and leave with the NFCCG flag.

it simply must not happen!

Rise Up!

Edited by roguebeaver

I agree on the no excuses. We hold the whip hand for once in this game.

More harm than the good of winning the SB? I don't think so. It was supposed to be an uphill struggle just for us to get to 8-8 and maybe have a hope of selling some tickets next year.

Instead we've already achieved a Panthers/ Saints sweep, earned a NFC South banner, a playoff game and Matt some MVP silverware. We've already done a lot of good even as we can do more.

I understand the more harm than good.. We've ALWAYS had an excuse, except maybe the 2 points against NY.. but this year, record breaking seasons, an mvp and the chance to get to the sb at home in the last game of the ga dome?? We can't lose this game..media and everyone outside Atlanta believe we will falter at the last step and fall as we always have.. WE CAN NOT LIVE UP TO THEIR EXPECTATIONS ANYMORE. The media story will forever be the same 10 fold if we lose this game.. doesn't matter if we were 0-16 last year to get to this point and not reach the bowl will in fact do more damage

44 minutes ago, atl falcon 89 said:

More harm than the good of winning the SB? I don't think so. It was supposed to be an uphill struggle just for us to get to 8-8 and maybe have a hope of selling some tickets next year.

Instead we've already achieved a Panthers/ Saints sweep, earned a NFC South banner and Matt some MVP silverware. We've already done a lot of good even as we can do more.

No matter what we were expected to do, we've exceeded all expectations. We are now going to be judged on what we've actually done. Any failure now and Matt and the Falcons will fulfill "the same old Falcons" mantra in the media. It's time to wipe away the doubt once and for all or it will be worse than it ever was.

50 minutes ago, atl falcon 89 said:

Instead we've already achieved a Panthers/ Saints sweep, earned a NFC South banner, a playoff game and Matt some MVP silverware. We've already done a lot of good even as we can do more.

I understand your point and could agree, but the Brotherhood has moved the bar and it has risen. With that happening expectations rise and hopes as well. Fair or not it is what it has become. We have wondered where the respect has been, why we get none??? Here we have that rare and golden opportunity to for it to cement itself to this team.

we see what we have, we see what the competition has, and we measure favorably against same...this is why I can't agree with you. Winning this game tomorrow now is the new expectation and I won't nor should any of us look backwards to the preseason expectations as justification for accepting anything less than a win tomorrow. We simply can't.

with that said...luck does play some part and things can happen, but barring a significant injury to Matt or Mack we must be able to overcome any other obstacles that may pop up. 

Sure a loss could happen and if it does we'll lick our wounds and pick ourselves and say yet again, one more player away, one more draft away, and we will get there next year!

next year is here and now favors the birds...it's time to do this now!

Good luck to all Falcons and fans as well!

Rise up!!'

I don't give a care what media expectation are or what excuses we do or don't have. Ask yourself this, if we live up to media expectations, what have we gained?  Nada you say?  I agree. If we lose tomorrow and lower media expectations, it hasn't hampered our Superbowl chances next season 1 bit. A team is either good or it isn't. A team either has a sustainable system and roster or it doesn't. We are good and we have a sustainable roster and system. Media expectations...please.

We win - "Of course they did, Green Bay were all beat up" "What did everyone expect, Rodgers had banged up receivers and the flu"

We lose - "Falcons suck, couldn't beat a banged up Green Bay" "Hrrrjfjfufkjmpfh... what did you say? I'm too busy hanging off of Rodgers at the hinge end"

Ultimately though... who cares as long as we win.

Edited by Sir Joe™

1 hour ago, falcndave said:

I don't give a care what media expectation are or what excuses we do or don't have. Ask yourself this, if we live up to media expectations, what have we gained?  Nada you say?  I agree. If we lose tomorrow and lower media expectations, it hasn't hampered our Superbowl chances next season 1 bit. A team is either good or it isn't. A team either has a sustainable system and roster or it doesn't. We are good and we have a sustainable roster and system. Media expectations...please.

Bottom line, they are expected to win! That's all I'm saying, you only have so many opportunities and either you're man enough to get it done, or you AIN'T. I expect the to be men tomorrow and not flame or wuss out, physically or mentally! 

Falcons rise up, most fans have ultimate faith and confidence that you won't fail! 

3 hours ago, roguebeaver said:

Bottom line, they are expected to win! That's all I'm saying, you only have so many opportunities and either you're man enough to get it done, or you AIN'T. I expect the to be men tomorrow and not flame or wuss out, physically or mentally! 

Falcons rise up, most fans have ultimate faith and confidence that you won't fail! 

Yes, because everyone who has ever failed lacked manhood...

I appreciate you energy. Winning tomorrow won't prove a dang thing to me. I'm in 100% already. Can't get any more in. 

1 minute ago, falcndave said:

Yes, because everyone who has ever failed lacked manhood...

I appreciate you energy. Winning tomorrow won't prove a dang thing to me. I'm in 100% already. Can't get any more in. 

Sometimes I've been the hammer, and yes, I've bee the nail as well, and it does make you question yourself. I Just want the Brotherhood to be the hammer tomorrow. 

Thanks for the respectful discourse. 

Rise up! 

1 hour ago, roguebeaver said:

Sometimes I've been the hammer, and yes, I've bee the nail as well, and it does make you question yourself. I Just want the Brotherhood to be the hammer tomorrow. 

Thanks for the respectful discourse. 

Rise up! 

I'm just poking at you because you sound like I did in 2012.  "If we don't win tomorrow, all this means nothing." The silly thing is, in 2012 I was just hoping. This year, I have zero doubt we are the better team. My only concern is something weird happening. I even feel like we have some wiggle room vs. the Pack. We don't have to be perfect. We just have to do what we have done all year. 

8 hours ago, atl falcon 89 said:

Agree. We're going to win this game. Even if we were to lose, look at how far this team has come in Quinn's second year. Look at all the possibilities for the next few years with the way we're now able to bring in just the right FA's at just the right price, all the 3rd, 4th round picks that are contributing. Regardless of the outcome tomorrow, this is the start of the best time in the history of the franchise to be a Falcon fan.

Arthur Blank stabbed his own self in the heart when he let Mike Smith go because he truly loved and respected that man and all he accomplished here. But he knew Smitty couldn't get this team to the SB, so he sent him on his way and went back to the drawing board. He learned from his past mistakes and he got help in the search this time. And at last he got it right. Thank you Mr. Blank. And tell your guy Dimitroff way to come off the mat with a vengeance!

Regardless of all the GB injuries....it is impossible to take that team lightly...in any way shape or form. They have one of the greatest qbs of all time. But in this case...the greatness of  Aaron Rodgers will lead to his team's on undoing.

The Falcons are the better team...and the last hing they will do is take this team lightly.

Atlanta will win this game....45-24.