My thoughts on our Falcons

GATXBOI

Good morning my brothers and sisters. How are you this morning? One day closer to Falcons football. Our Falcons are playing championship football this year point blank period... no extra input. First off everyone talks about Matt Ryan's playoff career (2-4). Well in his last three games he's 2-1  with a 9-3 TD to INT ratio. Next these are not I repeat ARE NOT Mike Smith Falcons. These are Dan Quinn's Falcons. There is about I say 20-25 players here from the Smith Era and those players are in tuned in the NOW. 2015 was the year to see if the Atlanta Falcons were the type of team that would show significant improvement or begin a total rebuild. IN QUINN WE TRUST right. Ok year one 8-8 a promising improvement from our previous two seasons. There was a lot of learning moments. Those should have been expected. New everything pertaining to front office,coaches and schemes. But for our franchise and fans it was an eye opener. Like hey wake the **** up! Off-season came and that was when the Master of Quinn emerged. The culture and life of the Atlanta Falcons developed into family business instead of a business family. Family business there for one another no matter what everyone is involved with one thought in mind " I AM MY BROTHERS KEEPER". As the off season was under way we took tremendous strides as a franchise. With the acquisitions we made. These are the moves that championship franchises make. So No more talk about the past talk about this 2016 season. This franchise turned it around got over that hump of staying a mediocre franchise or joining the ranks of Pittsburgh, Green Bay, New England, Dallas just to name a few. But still no respect. That's good we are a HARDNOSE  franchise now. We will make you respect us. We have improved tremendously across the board. I'm not gonna add stats because unless you configure it every intangible for won't see how much we have  improved. Now look at us about to battle for the 2016 NFC CHAMPIONSHIP.  "The Process" hasnt faltered everything is pointing up. New blood  New attitude New stadium New jewelry.

RISE UP 

IN BROTHERHOOD-TO INFINITY AND BEYOND 

C1bAxZUWIAAJouL.jpg

Edited by GATXBOI

I don't think there's that many 'smith era' players left. Let's see if we can name them, Ryan, Bryant, Bosher, Josh Harris, Matthews, Julio, Freeman, TJax, Hageman, Worrilow, Trufant, Alford, Allen....I'm struggling to remember any others. I haven't gone and actually looked at the roster, wanted to see how many I could remember straight up....

ok lets see, IR would be Spoon......

ok who else?

as for your main point, yeah this isn't the same Falcons, and the guys who ARE the holdovers have a completely different mindset now than they did then. I'd say the biggest difference I see is the most evident in Matt, the fire, drive and determination this year is a level we've not seen before 

16 minutes ago, GATXBOI said:

Good morning my brothers and sisters. How are you this morning? One day closer to Falcons football. Our Falcons are playing championship football this year point blank period... no extra input. First off everyone talks about Matt Ryan's playoff career (2-4). Well in his last three games he's 2-1  with a 9-3 TD to INT ratio. Next these are not I repeat ARE NOT Mike Smith Falcons. These are Dan Quinn's Falcons. There is about I say 20-25 players here from the Smith Era and those players are in tuned in the NOW. 2015 was the year to see if the Atlanta Falcons were the type of team that would show significant improvement or begin a total rebuild. IN QUINN WE TRUST right. Ok year one 8-8 a promising improvement from our previous two seasons. There was a lot of learning moments. Those should have been expected. New everything pertaining to front office,coaches and schemes. But for our franchise and fans it was an eye opener. Like hey wake the **** up! Off-season came and that was when the Master of Quinn emerged. The culture and life of the Atlanta Falcons developed into family business instead of a business family. Family business there for one another no matter what everyone is involved with one thought in mind " I AM MY BROTHERS KEEPER". As the off season was under way we took tremendous strides as a franchise. With the acquisitions we made. These are the moves that championship franchises make. So No more talk about the past talk about this 2016 season. This franchise turned it around got over that hump of staying a mediocre franchise or joining the ranks of Pittsburgh, Green Bay, New England, Dallas just to name a few. But still no respect. That's good we are a HARDNOSE  franchise now. We will make you respect us. We have improved tremendously across the board. I'm not gonna add stats because unless you configure it every intangible for won't see how much we have  improved. Now look at us about to battle for the 2016 NFC CHAMPIONSHIP.  "The Process" hasnt faltered everything is pointing up. New blood  New attitude New stadium New jewelry.

RISE UP 

IN BROTHERHOOD-TO INFINITY AND BEYOND 

C1bAxZUWIAAJouL.jpg

You make silk screen?

10 minutes ago, papachaz said:

I don't think there's that many 'smith era' players left. Let's see if we can name them, Ryan, Bryant, Bosher, Josh Harris, Matthews, Julio, Freeman, TJax, Hageman, Worrilow, Trufant, Alford, Allen....I'm struggling to remember any others. I haven't gone and actually looked at the roster, wanted to see how many I could remember straight up....

ok lets see, IR would be Spoon......

ok who else?

as for your main point, yeah this isn't the same Falcons, and the guys who ARE the holdovers have a completely different mindset now than they did then. I'd say the biggest difference I see is the most evident in Matt, the fire, drive and determination this year is a level we've not seen before 

Matt Ryan  Julio Jones Jake Matthews Ryan  Schraeder Devonta Freeman Levine Toilolo Patrick Dimarco Eric Weems Justin Hardy Tyson Jackson Rashede Hageman Jonathan babinueax paul worrilow desmond trufant sean weatherspoon  Ricardo Allen Robert Alford Matt Bosher Matt Bryant Josh Harris

There is your 20

Edited by GATXBOI

5 minutes ago, GATXBOI said:

Matt Ryan  Julio Jones Jake Matthews Ryan  Schraeder Devonta Freeman Levine Toilolo Patrick Dimarco Eric Weems Justin Hardy Tyson Jackson Rashede Hageman Jonathan babinueax paul worrilow desmond trufant sean weatherspoon  Ricardo Allen Robert Alford 

I counted 17

I did go look at the roster, Hardy is listed as year 2, although they also have Allen listed that way and I know he was on the PS. was hardy on the PS too? I honestly don't remember. I did forget shraeder, toilolo, weems  and dimarco

also listed on IR is tyler starr

17 minutes ago, papachaz said:

I did go look at the roster, Hardy is listed as year 2, although they also have Allen listed that way and I know he was on the PS. was hardy on the PS too? I honestly don't remember. I did forget shraeder, toilolo, weems  and dimarco

Yea we got hardy 2014 draft we Jake  Devonda Allen and   Southward I believe.

20 minutes ago, papachaz said:

I forgot Starr and Goodman for a few times this year 

Unlike the fans the franchise pushed reset when DQ took charge.Basically it is a new day.What a lot of us as fans do is compare what went on and what was left after DQ took over.For me the last regime left enough decent building blocks for DQ to hit the ground running.

For me we haven't seen the end product yet with regards to this team.There is still a lot of improvement to be had to the defensive side of the ball and some tweaks that need to be soughted on the offensive side.

Overall though the arrow is definitely pointing north and it looks like the coming years lcould we'll be the most defining in franchise history.