And it's true. If you've  been a long suffering fan like me...you feel "it". I keep hearing on all the sports shows and write ups about how our past teams that were decent just didn't feel like they were real, but NOW something feels different. 

I know exactly when this feeling changed and "it" was last season. I started a thread about "it" back then. Only got a few agreements but I still feel like it was that $&@#%-ing Carolina game when we snapped their undefeated streak. Yea after they pounded us earlier in the season, taking selfies during the game, dabbing, and acting like clowns str8 pizzing me off worse than I have may have ever been, I knew and I do mean KNEW there was no way when we played them again that they were going to beat us and they didn't.

In the cough cough or so years that I've been a Falcon fan, I've never felt like that before and didn't even realize it til that game was over. That "feeling" where I knew knew knewwwwww we were gonna beat somebody. I said it then and I stand by it now. I said after the game that one day we are going to look back at that game and realize that game was when "it" all turned around for us.

That day has come my fellow fans and mannnnn "it" feels great...this is our moment. I just didn't know it would be this year so soon lololol

Packers die in 42-13 blowout...I feel "it" again and all this Aaron Rodgers Michael Jordan talk is gonna look stupid next week. You heard it here first. The cheese bout to get grated and the roof gonna get blown off the GA Dome plz believe it.

GO FALCONS!!!

Edited by The Vent King

Well I won't make any predictions about scores cause the NFL is too volatile a sport for the IMHO, but I also have been feeling "IT" for the first time in my 37 years as a fan.

I honestly believe this team will win it all, and that is based more on just plain old objective football reasoning.  The Falcons are clearly the dominant team of the last four standing, and I think they only thing holding any fans outside our family from recognizing that is our very long, sordid history of choking in big games. The Seahawks game killed any notion of that in my mind, and you can tell by the talking head chatter that the vast majority of them feel the same way.  Even the notorious Falcon Hater Heath Evans was singing our song on an NFL channel broadcast earlier today.

That is a very interesting observation by The Vent King on when he know "it" was different.  Looking back that game really was the dividing point between our struggles last season and our triumph this year.

I do understand what you mean. 2012, we were good, but I felt lucky to be in the NFC Championship. After the way this team closed the season, then took care of business with Seattle last week, they just seem different. They are supposed to be in this game, not lucky to be.

And on a sidenote, the fanbase feels completely different, too. It's on an entirely new level compared to four years ago.

24 minutes ago, Carl927 said:

I don't think it'll be close.  Birds will take it by at least 2 scores.

The difference this year is that we're the team everybody fears.  Best offense.  Best quarterback.  Toughest schedule. Straight up undeniably legit.

You know, a lot of guys at work are telling me the same thing. They say it will be a two or 3 score win. I think we will win, but a 2 score win would be icing on the cake. 

Vent, that feeling isn't indigestion in your stomach from The Tom & Aaron Show ad nauseum from sports pundits. It's SOLID, CEREBRAL COACHING, top to bottom. That IS what separates playoff teams from Super Bowl teams. Blank was piece 1, Dimitroff and Pioli piece 2, TMQ is piece 3. Too many of you STILL post threads from naive, knucklehead bowling ball sportswriters who discount this team. I save my sanity and skip, no pun intended, all of those and focus on the Golden Ones, e.g., Bill Barnwell type reads. Rise up? No, JOHN WAYNE UP! 

10 hours ago, Hocus_Pocus said:

I do understand what you mean. 2012, we were good, but I felt lucky to be in the NFC Championship. After the way this team closed the season, then took care of business with Seattle last week, they just seem different. They are supposed to be in this game, not lucky to be.

And on a sidenote, the fanbase feels completely different, too. It's on an entirely new level compared to four years ago.

"They are supposed to be in this game, not lucky to be."

WOW, that is the perfect way to sum it up and I didn't know it until I read it.

In 2012 we had SO many come-from-behind wins. And in a way, that was great fun - who doesn't love celebrating a last-second victory. 

But we needed those last seconds because we hadn't taken care of business in all the prior seconds. And it happened again in the Seattle play-off game that year. And then the luck finally ran out after giving up a 17-point-lead at home in the game that would have sent us to the Super Bowl.

But that's not going to happen again. Because you're right. We're not just lucky to have made it here, we are SUPPOSED to be here. We earned it with some straight-up domination of the regular season and our divisional game. 

And now we're going to blow the d*mn roof off the Dome en route to Houston.

19 minutes ago, shock said:

The fact that Dan Quinn always has his team playing better in the 2nd halves of games and the 2nd time we see teams is reassuring as well. We actually make adjustments now at halftime. We get better after halftime now, not worse like during the SmittyBall era.

Exactly. 

Smith era - we just win games against opponents.

Quinn era - we BEAT our opponents.

You can see that difference in the two playoff victories vs Seattle. When Smitty was the coach, we hung around long enough to be a lucky position to kick the game winning field goal to "win" the game. Now with Dan Quinn, we "beat" the Seahawks arse in defining fashion.  Back then no one was really concerned, we had no real identity. Now we have an identity and everyone is VERY concerned. 

Congratulation Falcon fans, we now have THAT team we all longed for and I lovvvvve it...GO FALCONS!!!

One thing that is different, we stopped letting teams get back into the games. I know NO's did. But since the bye, we have won 5 of the 7 games 38-19, 42-14, 41-13, 33-16, and 36-20. The one loss to KC was a disaster where everything went wrong and we lost by 1. The other game was 36-30 over NO, but breakdowns in the 4th made it look a lot closer than it was.

GB is a tough opponent. I'm not setting myself up by getting cocky and over-confident. I'll let Vegas and the media try to predict outcomes. I'm just going to wait and see what happens.

I drank the Kool-aid about 6 games ago as we were taking all our Division Rivals out. I could 'feel' the difference in this team, The way they believe in each other and go into each game ready to bring another win home! This is our year. First stop was to take out all our Division Rivals and put the smack down on the 'Aints, spoiling their Katrina celebration then taking them behind the woodshed in the Dome and denying them any revenge.Knocking Cam out of a game, then when he comes back intercepting him again and again. Then, the Seahags and their Vaunted Defense and 2nd quarter comeback Offense that were going to come in our house and get some kind of revenge for 2012. Next up, take out GB and one of the darlings of the NFL (Aaron Rodgers). Then on to the SB.. to take that Lombardi back home for the new Dome.

I'm telling you this feels like a magical year!