GB updates on WR, Safety and Center

On Jordy Nelson, Davante Adams and Geronimo Allison: "All three of the receivers will be given every chance to play in the game," Packers coach Mike McCarthy said. "They have work to do particularly in the rehab. If we know tomorrow, we'll know tomorrow. If we know Sunday, we'll know Sunday. One or two of those guys are probably going to have to work out Sunday."

On an unrelated note, Jordy Nelson is home sick today. Shouldn't impact whether he plays though. It's all about the ribs.

Mike McCarthy just informed us Jordy Nelson not with the team today because of an illness. Isolating him in case it is contagious

Safety Morgan Burnett (quad) is in the same category as the three receivers. May try to practice tomorrow but could be a game-time decision, coach Mike McCarthy said.

One other injury note, center JC Tretter underwent knee surgery on Tuesday, coach Mike McCarthy said. Had been out since midseason but apparently had a setback.

Mike McCarthy said he has an "open timeframe'' for determining availability of injured WR Jordy Nelson, Davante Adams and Geronimo Allison

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Asault86 said:

The updates on Jordy Nelson and Devante Adams just screams of Mike McCarthy desperate to do whatever is needed to win the game. Any other time they wouldnt play.

Thats to be expected. I would expect DQ to do the same if he were in this position. It's one game to go to the SB, its all hands on deck. Whether they will be effective, that's a different story. In some way I hope they come out and try to play ... because they could actually be in worse shape than playing another player that is healthy.

Doesn't matter though, they have a tall task even if they were healthy. I'm not saying the game will be a blow out but if the Falcons play their game (like they did against the Seahawks for the most part), they will win and I don't believe it will be a close game. I think the Falcons win by a TD.

5 minutes ago, Asault86 said:

The updates on Jordy Nelson and Devante Adams just screams of Mike McCarthy desperate to do whatever is needed to win the game. Any other time they wouldnt play.

McCarthy wants Falcons to have to prepare for all three players.   My guess is the other two (Adams, Geronimo) play and Jordy sits.

If Jordy is having a hard time breathing - putting him in position to get his ribs re-injured worse and taking huge hits would be border-line malpractice by Green Bay team doctors - sometimes the docs gotta save the player and the coach from themselves - certainly the case here.

If Jordy takes a crushing blow from Keanu Neal, he could be seriously hurt and in critical condition - affects breathing!

4 minutes ago, Falcons_own_nfc_south said:

On Jordy Nelson, Davante Adams and Geronimo Allison: "All three of the receivers will be given every chance to play in the game," Packers coach Mike McCarthy said. "They have work to do particularly in the rehab. If we know tomorrow, we'll know tomorrow. If we know Sunday, we'll know Sunday. One or two of those guys are probably going to have to work out Sunday."

On an unrelated note, Jordy Nelson is home sick today. Shouldn't impact whether he plays though. It's all about the ribs.

Mike McCarthy just informed us Jordy Nelson not with the team today because of an illness. Isolating him in case it is contagious

Safety Morgan Burnett (quad) is in the same category as the three receivers. May try to practice tomorrow but could be a game-time decision, coach Mike McCarthy said.

One other injury note, center JC Tretter underwent knee surgery on Tuesday, coach Mike McCarthy said. Had been out since midseason but apparently had a setback.

Mike McCarthy said he has an "open timeframe'' for determining availability of injured WR Jordy Nelson, Davante Adams and Geronimo Allison

Thanks for the info....it would be a huge loss for them if they didn't play..that's the way it goes sometimes. ..I ain't complaining. ..

2 minutes ago, sdogg said:

So it sounds like Jordy could have the flu, stomach bug or strep on top of his rib injuries. Yeah, he ain't playing. 

Doesn't sound too promising for the others as well. The fact he said 1 or 2 may have to work out, sounds like desperation. 

frankly, I don't think it matters too much.  Between Randall Cobb, Jared Cook, Ty Montgomery(he may go back to WR for this game), Jeff Janus - the great Aaron Rodgers will have enough weapons - if he is hot, the Falcons defense will have our hands full.   I see Christian Michael go back to RB - just my guess.

4 minutes ago, Dukeduke211 said:

imo, it doesn't matter who they are fielding. hopefully we pay them back for 2010

Im stressing over this game also. I know that the Falcons are the better team and should handle the packers easily, but you can never discount double check Aaron Rodgers.

Edited by Asault86

4 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

frankly, I don't think it matters too much.  Between Randall Cobb, Jared Cook, Ty Montgomery(he may go back to WR for this game), Jeff Janus - the great Aaron Rodgers will have enough weapons - if he is hot, the Falcons defense will have our hands full.   I see Christian Michael go back to RB - just my guess.

I bet you're right about Michael playing more at RB and Montgomery going to WR.  Bottom line is they still have Rodgers back there so we cant take them lightly, no matter how many injuries they have.

20 minutes ago, Asault86 said:

Yeah I agree....some coaches will risk their players safety and health to try and win the game. I know a lot of players play through injuries....but some shouldn't based on the type of injury they have.

9 minutes ago, EVIL Dan Quinn said:

on top of their injuries, they havent had a bye in 15 weeks, and sundays game will be their third week on the road, and coming off of an emotional win in Dallas. 

if they beat us, it'll be the most amazing run I've ever seen. 

I agree, if they beat the Falcons on Sunday it would be the most amazing run ever seen IMO and they would have deserved to go to and win the SB.

But.... I just don't see it. I believe the Falcons are just better (even if the Pack was healthy) and they will come out and show it on Sunday.

What gets me is the reports that say "one or more of them will HAVE to play."  I mean, I get it, its the NFC Championship game.  But how do you MAKE a player play if they arent physically able to?  

I will stick to my thoughts that Jordy will sit and Adams will play through his sprain.  No way they risk Jordy like that, in my opinion.

32 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

McCarthy wants Falcons to have to prepare for all three players.   My guess is the other two (Adams, Geronimo) play and Jordy sits.

If Jordy is having a hard time breathing - putting him in position to get his ribs re-injured worse and taking huge hits would be border-line malpractice by Green Bay team doctors - sometimes the docs gotta save the player and the coach from themselves - certainly the case here.

If Jordy takes a crushing blow from Keanu Neal, he could be seriously hurt and in critical condition - affects breathing!

Yea playing Jordy in that condition is begging for an ambulance on the field

One solid hit from Keanu and that dude could end up with a punctured lung