Dukeduke211

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Dukeduke211 said:

You know who you are. what do you think now?

We overpaid for Sanu. Taylor Gabriel has been more valuable to our team this year than Sanu. Sanu has probably been worth ~$3-4m/yr, we paid him over 6. If you switched Gabriel's contract with Sanu's I'd be pretty happy, but as it stands Gabriel is a RFA and Sanu is sticking around for a minimum of 1 more year, up to 4 more. Our FO being okay with relying on Sanu as our only big bodied WR other than Julio was a mistake, we should draft a 6'0+ WR this year imo.

1 hour ago, Kayoh said:

We overpaid for Sanu. Taylor Gabriel has been more valuable to our team this year than Sanu. Sanu has probably been worth ~$3-4m/yr, we paid him over 6. If you switched Gabriel's contract with Sanu's I'd be pretty happy, but as it stands Gabriel is a RFA and Sanu is sticking around for a minimum of 1 more year, up to 4 more. Our FO being okay with relying on Sanu as our only big bodied WR other than Julio was a mistake, we should draft a 6'0+ WR this year imo.

We drafted one. Fuller. **** get back in the fold next year. and Sanu certainly isn't overpaid. Julio as well as Sanu are reasons Gabriel has had the year he's having. It's not just Julio. If sanu wasnt there who did be the #2? Who'd take the second best corner with them? Gabriel would get washed out. His toughness and attitude has been huge as well. I think he's well deserving of the money he's making. All those clear outs for Gabriel are huge. Gabriel is supposed to be having the year he's having because #1 and #2 are taking guys away and leaving gabe manned up with the 3rd or 4 the best corner on the defense. 

12 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

We drafted one. Fuller. **** get back in the fold next year. and Sanu certainly isn't overpaid. Julio as well as Sanu are reasons Gabriel has had the year he's having. It's not just Julio. If sanu wasnt there who did be the #2? Who'd take the second best corner with them? Gabriel would get washed out. His toughness and attitude has been huge as well. I think he's well deserving of the money he's making. All those clear outs for Gabriel are huge. Gabriel is supposed to be having the year he's having because #1 and #2 are taking guys away and leaving gabe manned up with the 3rd or 4 the best corner on the defense. 

bro don't look now but Gabriel is already drawing teams' #2 CBs, he has been for the last month and a half or so, and it hasn't slowed him down. Sanu has been playing slot for the most part. And against LA and SF when we didn't have Ju or Sanu, Gabriel was drawing the #1 CB and still winning.

3 hours ago, FalconMama said:

These threads are dumb, let's focus on Sunday please.

Yes, or we can talk about the ifs. I was mainly talking about the media. we did have a few here that preached this. I was only looking to discuss. see what people think now.

I think that a guy should definitely get a chance to show his worth. nobody gave him that. he is still earning his pay. 

Neal is a stud it seems. 

It's great interacting with such pleasant folks. 

Go check tampa bay #2 receiver and contract. lol

I will speak up.  I don't really think anyone is against the players.  I know personally I thought Neal was a guy that nobody was putting in the first round and it was a surprise when we picked him that high.  He is a hitter and a force against the run.  If you are going to count on him to do that and not expect him to match up and shunt down elite TE's, then fine.  I think he has done a solid job.  He will get better.  

Sanu signed a 5 year 32.5 million dollar deal.  This year, his cap hit is only 2.4 million.  He has earned that money.  However, the next four years he will be over 7 million a year.  When you look at his numbers, 59 for 653 and 4 TD's, that's not 7 million dollars a year type production if he doesn't show significant improvement.  In 2016 nobody cares because we are winning and he is "Johnny on the spot" when we need him.  To be clear, I don't care now as the cap and contracts are done.  Bridge has been crossed so time to move on.

Edited by isproab

57 minutes ago, Falcon Ben said:

I thought we paid too much for Mo, but given his performance, I'm not mad anymore.

I've loved Neal since before the draft, but never thought we'd take him in the first. That said, I liked that we did.

And for the record, I loved, loved, loved the Debo pick.

totally agree

1 hour ago, isproab said:

I will speak up.  I don't really think anyone is against the players.  I know personally I thought Neal was a guy that nobody was putting in the first round and it was a surprise when we picked him that high.  He is a hitter and a force against the run.  If you are going to count on him to do that and not expect him to match up and shunt down elite TE's, then fine.  I think he has done a solid job.  He will get better.

Sanu signed a 5 year 32.5 million dollar deal.  This year, his cap hit is only 2.4 million.  He has earned that money.  However, the next four years he will be over 7 million a year.  When you look at his numbers, 59 for 653 and 4 TD's, that's not 7 million dollars a year type production if he doesn't show significant improvement.  In 2016 nobody cares because we are winning and he is "Johnny on the spot" when we need him.  To be clear, I don't care now as the cap and contracts are done.  Bridge has been crossed so time to move on.

cool agree,

check tampas number 2 contract and stats. I know it doesn't matter. I guess we agree.

it just kills me how people can say someone is overpaid before they get a chance to earn there paycheck. is the salary cap going up?

do yall know what the going rate for a stud with a great attitude and swagger will cost in 1-2 years?

im not sure, but I wouldn't claim we paid to much money ... its ab wallet